G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G37s Coupe --> G37xS Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Cheburashka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are trying to figure out what the car should cost, realistically, you should take a look at New Cars Pricing and Comparisons Local, Regional and National Car Price Reports at TrueCar or ZAG.com . Don't forget to look at the "recent sales" section, it tells a really good story of what is reasonable.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Alex57r

i have both and can tell you they drive very different. Get ready for a heavier feeling car with lots of understeer and a floaty suspension.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I dropped my car off for service last night and ran into my sales guy and brought it down from $609 to $539 with same taxes & fees out of pocket. They don't have in stock so I'm guessing I'd be able to do much better if they did have one...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
depending on what you're using your G for, I would def say go for it.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I need an all year round car. We have an SUV already and my dad's car is front wheel drive so like, I want us to have access to an AWD sedan. Plus, I'm tired of coupes.

Driving the sedan home last night in ****ty weather and not having a single issue was a good feeling. That thing is quick off the line, great on gas and just a smooth ride. The most important part is how quiet the cabin is. My coupe rattles so much more nowadays. Then again, Ill blame the sport suspension for that while the loaner is just a G37x.

But those of you with a G37xS, have you felt a difference between your car one of those loaners G37x in terms of ride quality?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Chico

Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
I need an all year round car. We have an SUV already and my dad's car is front wheel drive so like, I want us to have access to an AWD sedan. Plus, I'm tired of coupes.

Driving the sedan home last night in ****ty weather and not having a single issue was a good feeling. That thing is quick off the line, great on gas and just a smooth ride. The most important part is how quiet the cabin is. My coupe rattles so much more nowadays. Then again, Ill blame the sport suspension for that while the loaner is just a G37x.

But those of you with a G37xS, have you felt a difference between your car one of those loaners G37x in terms of ride quality?
The xS has the same suspension, no differences. The Sport Package in the xS Sedan is cosmetic; sport seats, front facia, side sills, paddle shifters, 18" wheels. You don't get any suspension upgrade.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
I've read that any RWD car with Blizzaks are just as good, if not better, than any AWD car with All-Seasons.
Back in 08 I drove an 08xS in the winter, in the snow on the same exact roads that I still use today. I have not moved or changed jobs.

This is my second winter with my RWD 09G37S sedan with winter tires. And I've said this many times on this forum. The RWD G with the winter tires drives better in the snow compared to my 08 xS using the stock all season tires. The only advantage the AWD has is starting from a stop on a hill. But once under way there is no comparison between the 2. The RWD with the tires drives much better in the snow.

Also for the record I have not encountered any issues starting on a incline. But due the AWD traction I have no doubts that an AWD G would not get off the line quicker in that scenario.

Buy winter tires!!!!!

Last edited by gugarci; 02-02-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Spelling / Grammar
Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Alex57r

Originally Posted by gugarci
Back in 08 I drove an 08xS in the winter, in the snow on the same exact roads that I still use today. I have not moved or changed jobs.

This is my second winter with my RWD 09G37S sedan with winter tires. And I've said this many times on this forum. The RWD G with the winter tires drives better in the snow compared to my 08 xS using the stock all season tires. The only advantage the AWD has is starting from a stop on a hill. But once under way there is no comparison between the 2. The RWD with the tires drives much better in the snow.

Also for the record I have not encountered any issues starting on a incline. But do the AWD traction I have no doubts that an AWD G would not get off the line quicker in that scenario.

Buy winter tires!!!!!
Gugarci, I agree with you except one thing. Starting off from a stand still in a RWD even with winter tires is terrible. That's the one area in which my AWD with A/S tires still does much better. THis is especially true on inclines or on any kind of icy roads. If you are an experianced driver and have the luxury of using 2 lanes at once, then even icy uphills are no problem, but that kind of driving is not for everyone. As far as stopping and handling, a RWD coupe with snow tires easily outperforms an xS sedan with A/S tires.

All in all, if the xS sedan came with all the sport package goodies, it would be an awesome car. Same for the M37. We are yet to see how an xS coupe with the full sport package and LSD performs. However infiniti seems to think that people who want AWD do not want a real sports package on their sedans. The only way around this is to buy an audi or bmw, but then again, I am sure most people find the non sport suspension, breaks and steering just fine.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
gugarci

Alex I have not had any issues starting from a start in the snow with my G. And my G is my every day car, even though I have a back-up 94 Accord. My plan was to use my Accord on snowy days, but the car rides so well with the winter tires that I use it every day regardless of the weather. But I don't go out of my way to look for hills to climb. The only thing I can base this on is my everyday roads I commute on. Now they do have a couple of long hills, but they are not mountains, LOL.

The only time I use my Accord is on days I need to visit an account located in a hostile area.

Also I agree that most people will find the non-sport suspension, steering and brakes fine. I had no issues with those 3 items on my 08xS.

Last edited by gugarci; 02-02-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Added Content
Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 PM
g37ex35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about the snow tires. I have a 2010 G37S MT sedan and my wife has a 2010 EX35. My G, being the S model, has summer tires so winters are a must here in New England. I have the new Blizzak LM-60s stock size on the stock rims and couldn't be happier. I put these on a bit late and found the summer tires downright dangerous on the dry roads in December before the snow... anything below 40 degrees was hairy.

My wife's EX35 AWD has the stock all-seasons and outside of pulling away from a stop, my rear-wheel drive G is leaps and bounds more stable when making turns and stopping. The all seasons on the EX slide wildy in turns and the braking performance is severly lacking. Overall stability at speed is also squirrely with throttle input.

The rear drive G with the snows is awesome. Hills are not a problem whatsover. The only thing I can't do and I need to plan for when driving is pulling out quickly. Little challenging with the 10' snowbanks at each parking lot exit nowadays! Even with a full tank of gas and the snows, I just can't pull out very quickly with the rear-wheel drive. Traction control engaged or not...

Otherwise, the G is the car to take in bad weather. We both work at the same company and have actually taken the G more often to work than the EX for our 22 mile commute together with our little girl in the backseat.

Snows on RWD Gs are great!

Last edited by g37ex35; 02-02-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typos
Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
gugarci

I'm also using the LM60's I'm very happy with their snow performance.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Alex57r

I had no issues whatsoever until Snomagedon hit here in the NE. Driving through the worst of it on icy snowy roads my G could only do uphill starts while going a little sideways. I had no issues with this, but like I said, that's not for everybody. THis is a rare occurance though becasue most of the time and in most conditions snow tires take care of any rwd problems our cars might have.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Razorshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
225/50R18 Michelin Xice XI2 winter tires and you'll be good to go.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the traction from my X saved me from disaster the other night. we got 2 feet of snow last week and now there are these snow banks 3 and 5 foot high along side of the roads. i was pulling out from a restaurant going left onto a main 4 lane st while the streets were icy and slick. there was absolutely no visablility to see if there was traffic west bound from where I was pulling out because of the snow banks. i could see the east bound traffic and nobody was coming from that directions so i began to inch out to see if i could catch a glimpse of what was coming westbound. before i could see anything i was already committed, and next thing you know im the deer in the head lights . i hit the accelerator hard and with awd traction evaded a disaster. i ended up sideways in the east bound lane but regained composure without a problem. i know i should have turned around and looked for a better way out that night and i hope the other driver didnt have to clean out their pants.