G37 Sedan

Can't decide between Graphite Shadow and Black!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by doggyfresh102
What's a 458?
Originally Posted by maxfinity
^^^^ Im wondering the same thing
Only 458 I know of is a Ferrari...
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Umm are you guys serious? Ferrari 458 italia.. The newest addition in the real ultimate driving machine line-up.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:22 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol... Oh I knew that... Shhh dont tell anyone.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
Umm are you guys serious? Ferrari 458 italia.. The newest addition in the real ultimate driving machine line-up.
Kind of disgusting that someones brother actually has one...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
Did you see the episode of Top Gear (the real one, on BBC) where they test drove it?

I dont think Ive ever seen anyone so happy about driving a car.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Chico

Oh yeah, your brother has a 458? Well, my brother has a Space Ship, and we go tho the moon every weekend, and he lets me drive it once in a while.
My brother is awesomer than your brother.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm very **** when it comes to keeping my cars looking good. After having owned a few black ones, I decided the upkeep was just too time consuming, even for me and I enjoy washing and waxing my cars.
I opted for the graphite shadow, because I still wanted a darker colored car, to show off the shine better.
I also think that the GS paint shows the cars lines better then black paint.
This is the forth vehicle in a row that I have had in a similar gray color. My 2005 Ram,Hemi color is called mineral gray. It sits next to the G in the garage and it is hard to see any difference in the colors between them.
There is no worse color then black for owners that don't spend a lot of time caring for them.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your husband is very lucky!

IMO, get the black if you garage it and HAND-wash it at least every 2 weeks. Otherwise, get other color. White would be my second option.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
erical77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I get Graphite, will I be silly to get the stone interior? I just like the way it opens up the car and it is different from every other car we've owned - they ALL have had some kind of gray interior.

Also, the windows will be tinted, so you really won't see the inside from the exterior that much.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
gee wiz

Originally Posted by erical77
So if I get Graphite, will I be silly to get the stone interior?
Not at all, you get what you like. We had the light interior in our previous G and it looked great, but took a little more care than a darker color. I think the stone interior in a darker colored car gives it a more luxurious look. It's sort of the opposite effect of our current G: light colored exterior with darker interior. Contrast can sometimes be quite dramatic when done properly!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:45 PM
erical77

Originally Posted by gee wiz
Not at all, you get what you like. We had the light interior in our previous G and it looked great, but took a little more care than a darker color. I think the stone interior in a darker colored car gives it a more luxurious look. It's sort of the opposite effect of our current G: light colored exterior with darker interior. Contrast can sometimes be quite dramatic when done properly!
Thank you... I do like the contrast and I guess if I put in black mats like others have done, it will look really nice.

Now I just need to have them find this car since they don't have it...
Old 01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
gee wiz

Thank you... I do like the contrast and I guess if I put in black mats like others have done, it will look really nice.
Yeah, that would look awesome. Get the OEM Infiniti rubber mats. Several on this forum recommended them, so we ordered and just received them last week. My wife was apprehensive about the look of rubber mats, but these really look great and after installing them she's glad we went with them. They're super heavy duty and fit perfectly.

Good luck, hope you find the combo you want...or at least don't have to wait too long to get it.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 PM
clutch5

I've generally held cars for 7-10 years, and over that length of time, lots can happen. In spite of the various things I list below, if you like the light interior, go for it. Many of these things are preventable if you know they can happen.

Over a period of years, you can start to see color transfer from your clothes (e.g. blue jeans) onto the light leather. It's really hard to get out without professional help. Also, color can transfer from say newspapers or the weekly "stack of advertising crap" in your mailbox, onto the leather. If it's really humid, even ink jet printouts can transfer if you happen to set something on top of them while they are damp. If you buy something fairly heavy in a box, and you slide it into the back seat, cover the seat with a blanket first. You'd be amazed at the grunge on boxes, and how hard it is to get off light colored leather.

On light colored carpets, over the course of 7-10 years someone is bound to have some greasy grunge on their shoes that hits some part of the carpet not covered by the mats. The carpet (in pretty much all cars) is such low quality that you often can't get the stain out of light carpets completely. Also, over a period of years, you can get color transfer from the (rubber/plastic) backside of floormats. This is mainly in climates with hot summers, and the years of baking apparently leeches out some color. On a light tan carpeted car I had, the mats left a yellowish stain in the shape of the mat (after about 5-6 years), impossible to get out and you have to have the carpet dyed a slightly darker color to blend it in.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
pro-gadgeter

I have a blue slate. I wanted a car that looks sexy for when i'm just cruising, sporty when i want to show off my car, and classy/elegant/expensive. I think blue slate covered them all
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So if I get Graphite, will I be silly to get the stone interior? I just like the way it opens up the car and it is different from every other car we've owned - they ALL have had some kind of gray interior.

Also, the windows will be tinted, so you really won't see the inside from the exterior that much.
I wanted and got the GS with stone interior. The dealership had to swap with another dealer to get the color combination I wanted. I just prefer a light colored interior. It seems roomier,brighter and as you said more open. If I had kids or was sloppy, I'd go for a darker interior.

Quick Reply: Can't decide between Graphite Shadow and Black!