G37 Sedan

Autolocking doors for 2010 G37

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 PM
falcons2121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autolocking doors for 2010 G37

Just picked up my new g37xs about 2 weeks ago, and i have searched on this forum and read the manual about the autolocking doors. I have tried what the manual explains (pressing the unlock button within 20 sec of the car being in the "on" position, and the hazard light will blink once to deactivate it). I was hoping that this would just keep the autolock deactivated but what this does is that it still locks the doors when i reach a certain speed than when i turn off the car the doors are still locked.

I read the forums and some people have said they have turned off the autolock entirely but not explaining how.

I would just like to know if it is possible and if it is, how is it done. If not, then i will just have to get use to it.

thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 PM
SindhiStyle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure if you have navi, but I think it is one of the options under comfort...or something like that.

I am pretty sure I have seen it under one of the nav options before. Next time I go out to the car I will take a look if you dont find it by then...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
exit9

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by falcons2121
Just picked up my new g37xs about 2 weeks ago, and i have searched on this forum and read the manual about the autolocking doors. I have tried what the manual explains (pressing the unlock button within 20 sec of the car being in the "on" position, and the hazard light will blink once to deactivate it). I was hoping that this would just keep the autolock deactivated but what this does is that it still locks the doors when i reach a certain speed than when i turn off the car the doors are still locked.

I read the forums and some people have said they have turned off the autolock entirely but not explaining how.

I would just like to know if it is possible and if it is, how is it done. If not, then i will just have to get use to it.

thanks
I don't think the door locking at 15mph can be deactivated from any menu item. You may have to check with your dealer to see they can disable this feature via ConsultIII hookup. The auto unlock can be deactivated using the steps you described.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
CGAR

Originally Posted by exit9
I don't think the door locking at 15mph can be deactivated from any menu item. You may have to check with your dealer to see they can disable this feature via ConsultIII hookup. The auto unlock can be deactivated using the steps you described.
You are correct only the dealer can change that setting via consult III. There are a few different setting you can set it to or just turn it off. They usually charge about $50 or $60 to do it
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM
tbear

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You can do it

I followed the instructions in the manual (had to try several times until it worked) to disable the auto lock and unlock feature on my 2010
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 PM
DigMy35x

Hmmm, I could be wayyy wrong here but I thought that you would NOT be able to turn off the auto LOCK feature.

My understanding from the manual was that the doors would lock regardless. The option that you can change is whether or not you want the doors to UNLOCK automatically when you turn off the engine.

I'll be interested to see if my understanding is not correct as I haven't decided if I want to turn off the auto-locking feature (since I don't like waiting for the doors to unlock whether it's when I turn off the engine or just not unlocking at all).

Looking forward to hearing more about this from folks that have actually deactivated the locking part.

Jay
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by CGAR
You are correct only the dealer can change that setting via consult III. There are a few different setting you can set it to or just turn it off. They usually charge about $50 or $60 to do it
When I was in a dealership, I asked and they said they can't. They said it's a factory setting and they cannot change it
Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 AM
tbear

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
two door lock modes

Perhaps I've just switched to "P Range" door lock and didn't realize it. I'll check tomorrow. There are 2 door lock/unlock modes according to the service manual for 2010. I did the first set of instructions:
AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK FUNCTION (LOCK OPERATION)
The interlock door lock function is the function that locks all doors linked with the vehicle speed or shift position.
It has 2 types as per the following items.
Vehicle Speed Sensing Auto Door Lock*1
All doors are locked when the vehicle speed reaches 24 km/h (15 MPH) or more.
JMKIA3498GB
Revision: 2009 November 2010 G37 Sedan
DLK-12
< SYSTEM DESCRIPTION >
POWER DOOR LOCK SYSTEM
BCM outputs the lock signal to all door lock actuators when it detects that the ignition switch is turned ON, all
doors are closed and the vehicle speed received from the combination meter via CAN communication
becomes 24 km/h (15 miles) or more.
P Range Interlock Door Lock*2
All doors are locked when shifting the selector lever from the P position to any position other than P.
BCM outputs the lock signal to all door lock actuators when it detects that the ignition switch is in the ON position
and the shift signal received from the TCM via CAN communication is shifted from the P position to any
position other than P.
Setting change of Automatic Door Lock/Unlock Function
The lock operation setting of the automatic door lock/unlock function can be changed.
NOTE:
P range interlock door lock can be selected for M/T models, but automatic door lock/unlock function does not
operate.
With CONSULT-III
The ON/OFF switching of the automatic door lock function and the type selection of the automatic door lock/
unlock function can be performed at the WORK SUPPORT setting of CONSULT-III.
Without CONSULT- III
The automatic door lock function ON/OFF can be switched by performing the following operation.
1. Close all doors (door switch OFF)
2. Turn ignition switch ON
3. Press and hold the door lock and unlock switch for 5 seconds or more in the lock direction within 20 seconds
after turning the ignition switch ON.
4. The switching complete when the hazard lamp blinks.
AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK FUNCTION (UNLOCK OPERATION)
The automatic door lock/unlock function is the function that unlocks all doors linked with the key position or
shift position. It has 2 types as per the following items.
IGN OFF Interlock Door Unlock*1
All doors are unlocked when the power supply position is changed from ON to OFF.
BCM outputs the unlock signal to all door lock actuators when it detects that the power supply position is
changed from ignition switch ON to OFF.
P Range Interlock Door Unlock*2
All doors are unlocked when shifting the selector lever from any position other than the P to P position.
BCM outputs the unlock signal to all door lock actuators when it detects that the ignition switch is in the ON
position and the shift signal received from TCM via CAN communication is shifted from any position other than
the P to P position.
Setting change of Automatic Door Lock/Unlock Function
The unlock operation setting of the automatic door lock/unlock function can be changed.
NOTE:
P range interlock door lock can be selected for M/T models, but automatic door lock/unlock function does not
operate.
With CONSULT- III
The ON/OFF switching of the automatic door lock/unlock function and the type selection of the automatic door
lock/unlock function can be performed at the WORK SUPPORT setting of CONSULT-III.
Without CONSULT- III
The automatic door lock/unlock function ON/OFF can be switched by performing the following operation.
1. Close all doors below (door switch OFF)
2. Turn ignition switch ON
3. Press and hold the door lock and unlock switch for 5 seconds or more in the unlock direction within 20
seconds after turning the power supply position ON.
4. The switching is complete when the hazard lamp blinks.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:51 AM
falcons2121

thanks for all the info everyone. I took my car in today (Markham Infiniti, Ontario, Canada) and they asked me what settings i would like. They can basically configure it however you would like (eg. put it park auto unlock happens, but still having the autolock when above 15 mph. I wanted everything to be turned off, and thats what they did. It took the technician 5-10 min, and they didn't charge me a cent.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
white venom

I just hooked up consult III at work(I work for a Nissan Dealership), It took 5 minutes and it's done. I used to have an 08 Acura TL-S and you were able to adjust the settings from the car.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:24 PM
jb606

Now I wish the doors would auto lock after you get out of the car and walk away. The Mazda that I had did that...very nice feature.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
indycase

Originally Posted by jb606
Now I wish the doors would auto lock after you get out of the car and walk away. The Mazda that I had did that...very nice feature.
The Caddy CTS has that and I had it for a day as a test driver. I was always worried that it would not function properly and would leave the car unlocked on the street so I always ended up locking it manually out of paranoia.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
joselitopr

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That can be done with a 2009?