Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Ventilated/Cooled seats??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I had ventilated seats on my last car. They would help with keeping my lower back from sweating if it was blistering hot in the car, but keep in mind that ventilated seats only push air through the seats at the same temperature as the rest of the cabin. In other words, if it's hot as hell in the cabin, then you get nice hot air on your back.

I don't really miss them, and find that good window tint and a sun shield are better than ventilated seats in most cases.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NonAme
Can't imagine needed the option of "cool" off my butt. lol
Imagine living in TX and not NJ.

Infiniti definitely dropped the ball with this one. Not enough room in the sport seat? Redesign the seat then.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
EKinNYC

Originally Posted by JaxG
What I dont understand is that they are available on a Nissan Maxima, but not on a loaded Infininti. I looked at Maximas before I got my '10 Infiniti. It pisses me off that you can get it on a Maxima, and a Convertible G, why not get it on a G sedan with every option, or have it available. I think thats B.S.
Mostly because Maximas have it.
Why does a Maxima have side markers on the mirrors and the G doesnt..
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EKinNYC
Why does a Maxima have side markers on the mirrors and the G doesnt..
because side markers on the mirrors are for the gheys. I am SOOOO happy they didn't put them on or I would have had to pay for shells w/o them
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM
EKinNYC

lol. some look classier than others. agreed, the ones on the maxima look crappy and cheap. i was just making a point that not all features that come on a maxima make it into a G, even though its essentially the same car.

i do like the MB side markers.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

i have the 2010 coupe and it only has heated seats >.<
having it parked outside in NJ all day it sure does get HOT. black exterior/interior sure doesnt help either. cooled seats or remote start wouldve been nice
Old 07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
EKinNYC

^haha, i hear ya im across the river. thats why i went with white/stone, it keeps the car considerably cooler.

as for remote start, i think there was something i read here about a factory remote starter available as a dealer install. or just go aftermarket. i had remote start on my altima (black on black), and it was a godsend
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM
mindonmatter

i was just making a point that not all features that come on a maxima make it into a G, even though its essentially the same car.
Same car? In what way? It's a completely different platform, RWD vs FWD, and marketed to completely different groups of buyers. Not that any of that matters in regard to this thread, but that is just not the case. It's not like it's just a re-badged Maxima.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
EKinNYC

well yeah, its differentiated by price points. if it was 100% identical, why buy the infiniti. sure, if you pull up spec sheets, and analyze even the tiniest of details, they are not one and the same. but to me, they are close enough for me to consider it to be essentially the same car.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 PM
mindonmatter

well yeah, its differentiated by price points. if it was 100% identical, why buy the infiniti. sure, if you pull up spec sheets, and analyze even the tiniest of details, they are not one and the same. but to me, they are close enough for me to consider it to be essentially the same car.
Are you saying that it is based on the same platform? Kind of like a Mercury Sable and a Ford Taurus are the same car mechanically, the Mercury just has more features/luxury? If that is what you're saying, you're completely wrong. The maxima and G are two completely different cars, different platforms, different dimensions, different mechanically. They share some of the same electronics, but that's about it.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:17 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah this is quite a stretch...that's like saying all cars are essentially the same because they have 4 wheels...they might share some similar parts because of the Nissan/Infiniti relationship but they are far from the same car in any way
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Drivetrain, man, drivetrain. Night and day.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
mark55

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
My wife gives me crap all the time because HER car has cooled seats and mine doesn't. Hell, her car has active headlights, rain-sensing wipers, and the best oem stereo I have ever heard (Mark Levinson).....

that sounds like the Lexus IS
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 PM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Youre crazy. You probably think the 370z and the G37 coupe are the same too right?
Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
EKinNYC

i left my flame suit at home today.

Quick Reply: Ventilated/Cooled seats??