G37 Sedan

Upgrading to 2010 G37, need help with color choice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
NonAme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgrading to 2010 G37, need help with color choice.

My 2005 g35x is getting old with 75k miles and a few system sensors are lighting up the odometer. Decided it's time to trade in the old girl for a new one. I'm looking to get a 2010 g37 with nav/premium/sports but not sure if i want awd or journey. And i'm stuck on the color. Im inbetween obsidian black or moonlight white.

My 05x is obsidian black with 20% tints and it stands out too much to cops. But i also got a taste for moonlight white with 20% tints and a black roof. I'm also open to other colors aswell.

I've search for a thread of a compilation of 2010 g37 pictures but there isn't much. Can you guys recommend a color and please post pictures of ur car.

Also whats the difference in the front bumper between awd and journey? I've seen pictures where the stock bumpers are different curves towards the bottom of the bumper.

Thanks...
Old 04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
mw09g37

either choice is nice IMHO.

If i had to choose, one and they both had the same trim level. I'd get the white one. with the coupe you can't go wrong with either of them.

the bumper only differentiates between the S and the Non S (journey vs sport i guess) the AWD has no influence on that. you can get an S-AWD but it won't have the 19s or the bigger brakes. you also can't get the 6spd in AWD.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is my black one. I was trying to make the same decision. I wanted to go all black, or white with black roof and black wheels.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...rt-wheels.html
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I think infiniti does gray just about better than anyone else out there - the new gray (whatever they call it) is fantastic looking after a polish and wax.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I have the Liquid Platinum... silver... best color IMO... and doesn't show the dirt easily...

But of the two you are considering, I'd go white... black is just too much of a pain to keep clean etc.

But that's just me.

As far as trim level... I see you're in NJ... so you get snow, correct?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
If you had to choose between the two, I'd say black IMO - the G looks nice in black with the chrome accents.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 PM
NonAme

thanks guys, keep em opinions coming. Right now i'm really digging the white look with black grill and black roof and dark tints. I do live in the northeast and it snows like a crazy up here so i do think i'm going with awd. But there's no infiniti around me that has the options of, awd/nav/premium/sports with midnight grill. So can i get the car (awd/nav/premium/sport) and then buy the midnight grille from infiniti afterward and have them install it? And the price i've been researching for the options i want (awd/nav/premium/sport) is around 42,380 on the dealers websites. What's you guys take on that price? i expect to negotiate that alittle this week when i test drive.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
color

I just bought a Shadow Gray over blk with your options and love it.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:23 AM
ShadowFuzz

Here is Graphite Shadow with 15% Tint

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...te-shadow.html

Old 04-26-2010, 12:26 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The word is TINT not tints.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Bamf

Graphite Shadow is an amazing chameleon of a color - light to almost silver in the sun and dark grey when in a shadow. I'm absolutely loving that color on my G37.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by NonAme
My 05x is obsidian black with 20% tints and it stands out too much to cops. But i also got a taste for moonlight white with 20% tints and a black roof. I'm also open to other colors aswell.
That is your answer right there. I wouldn't repeat the same combo if you are already attracting the wrong attention. If you want a darker color car then go with the graphite shadow otherwise MW is your color.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 AM
mindonmatter

Between those two, I like white w/black interior. I ended up going with blue slate and couldn't be happier. <--- See pic in avatar.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
indycase

If you want it to show off the curves and lines, then get silver (that's why most concept cars are in silver to let the light reflect off the curvatures and creases). It is easy to maintain and swirl marks do not show up that badly under the sun. According to a study, silver is the safest colour choice for cars because of its visibility to other drivers in various weather conditions.

If you want a more understated elegant look, go with dark colours but they don't catch your eyes as much if that's what you are going after. Dark colours also don't show off the curves and creases of the car. If you look at the S bumper in black versus say silver, you will know what I mean. The draw back is also that they are hard to keep clean and swirl marks show up like crazy under the sun.

Go with red if you want all the attention on the road, but it has to match you and that you need to feel comfortable driving a red sedan. However, the hue of the red makes a big difference in the kind of look you're after. Ferrari red is hot.

That leaves white - which I have. It looks gorgeous in the sun with the "pearlescent" metallic flakes in the paint. I believe it is different than the white in 2009. It's called Aspen Pearl in Canada. It's elegant while sporty. The draw back is that it attracts bugs like crazy (even during the day - with the car stationary!) and the stone chips on the bumper show up fairly annoyingly because the bumper is black underneath the paint. On the other hand, stone chips on the metals are not as apparent because the primer is a whitish colour.

Just my two cents ...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
The sticker price sounds about right... but tell them to show you the invoice price, and negotiate on that.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to 2010 G37, need help with color choice.