Sponsored by:

2010 G37xS - Cool Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 G37xS - Cool Tricks

I am slowly learning everything my nav/prem equiped G can do. For example, I can plug in my 32gig USB thumb drive and play music (and I've ready videos) through the car's player. You can also play CD's (obviously) and then rip them to the ~10gig in-dash HD for future use. Then there's XM, which is 90 days free, XM traffic, XM weather and warnings/updates on weather conditions, flooding, etc. Then, here's the awesome part - I saw in the bluetooth settings there's something about bluetooth audio. So I turned on Pandora on my Droid and I was streaming music and playing it through the stereo with VERY GOOD sound quality, considering what I was doing.

I have to say, Infiniti has come a LONG LONG way from my 2003 model.

So now, what other cool tricks can you guys tell me about the 2010 model? I'm still learning it, but if there's something you know, please share.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:28 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I also have the free trial Nav weather and traffic. It would be handy on cross country trips, but it doesn't do me any good locally. The closest city I can set it to is Tampa, which is 100 miles north of me.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

Yeah, for me it's NYC, which is about 40 miles away. What do they charge to continue these services? Is it monthly or one time?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:44 PM
alex

I like how fast the GPS system starts up on my G37. I used to have a portable Garmin, and boy, it took a minute or two to start up.

The windows finish winding up even after I turn off my G. I like this too, kinda saves gas.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
cdso

Agreed! So much better is so many ways from my 04 coupe. But, still has that signature VQ sound!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 AM

If you open your trunk when the car is wet, you can get all your stuff in the trunk soaked. Wait, that's probably not really what you're looking for...

Voice recognition is surprisingly good on this car...so good that it gives you options in case it misunderstood. I have been able to input multiple destinations without flipping out and yelling at the navigation lady, which is much more than I can say about the system in my Lexus. For example, if you tell it Spruce Street, it will ask you to clarify by saying the number of the correct entry, with the most likely response first:

1. Spruce Street
2. Bruce Street
3. Sprite Street

It's pretty cool - sort of idiot proofs the system, unless you're trying to call audibles while you have your mouth full of bagel or something.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

Speaking of the signature VQ sound, the sedan is a lot quieter than i thought it'd be. I definitely want to get an intake to open up the sound at WOT. Any suggestions?

And yes, the nav voice recognition is very good. I like it more than the Acura system. We're getting my wife an RDX and that system was also very nice, but not as nice as the G IMO.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

Originally Posted by 15951
If you open your trunk when the car is wet, you can get all your stuff in the trunk soaked. Wait, that's probably not really what you're looking for...

Voice recognition is surprisingly good on this car...so good that it gives you options in case it misunderstood. I have been able to input multiple destinations without flipping out and yelling at the navigation lady, which is much more than I can say about the system in my Lexus. For example, if you tell it Spruce Street, it will ask you to clarify by saying the number of the correct entry, with the most likely response first:

1. Spruce Street
2. Bruce Street
3. Sprite Street

It's pretty cool - sort of idiot proofs the system, unless you're trying to call audibles while you have your mouth full of bagel or something.
Well, after the typhoon we got here over the last two days, I didn't have to open my trunk once. This morning I did it just to see what you're talking about and yes, it runs not off the lid, but down a crease. Seems like some poor infiniti product design. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really bother me that much. My coupe let more water into the trunk than the new sedan does.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:07 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
do the full adaptation mode in the Vrecognition -- pretty neat.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
do the full adaptation mode in the Vrecognition -- pretty neat.
Little off topic, but did Infiniti come around to NY to get samples of the accent there?

I'm in the nav credits, hidden far far away
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Little off topic, but did Infiniti come around to NY to get samples of the accent there?

I'm in the nav credits, hidden far far away
hey us New Yorkers don't have an accent....
Old 03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
EKinNYC

Originally Posted by da mayor
hey us Noooo Yawkas don't have an accent....
fixed...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Balzac72
Well, after the typhoon we got here over the last two days, I didn't have to open my trunk once. This morning I did it just to see what you're talking about and yes, it runs not off the lid, but down a crease. Seems like some poor infiniti product design. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really bother me that much. My coupe let more water into the trunk than the new sedan does.
Yeah - not the end of the world, but I can see it ticking me off at some point in the future when there's something in there that I would like to keep dry. I'm sure the engineers knew that this would happen, but chose form over function. Most of the water does go down the trunk lid and into the channel behind the trunk opening, but as you noticed, some follows the crease and waters the trunk.