Sponsored by:

Garage door opening 2009 g37x

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:38 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rohardi
I live in an condo/apartment complex and we have a garage.I think it has a rolling code as I can not get my car to pair with the opener. Is there an easy way to set my home link with out calling the maintenance guys????
As per the instructions, a rolling code opener requires you to activate the opener's learning mode to complete the programming.

You say you "think" it's a rolling code - read the owner's manual and confirm the LED blinks rapidly then turns solid as described. If it is, then there's no way to sync two devices (car and door opener) without calling your maintenance person to complete the programming.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 AM
DigMy35x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow - I was just about to call the guys who installed my garage door openers out for this problem.

I had a 2008G and only on one bay of our garage would have the same, intermittent problem mentioned by one of the posts above. Sometimes I can open it from a nice distance but usually I have to drive right up to it and press and wait, then wait then press. Very frustrating.

So I got my new 2010G a few weeks ago and figured I would at least wait to see if it might have just been a problem with my 08G's Homelink.

No dice! Still having the same problem with my 2010.

I'll have to check out the Homelink website and see what it says.

Jay
Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 PM
TexasGuy

I'm having same problem with my 2010 G37. What did you do to resolve the issue?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
DigMy35x

I haven't been able to solve it yet. The odd thing is that both of the other garage door openers work fine - and from a distance no less.

I am probably going to have the installers who put up our openers come back and look at the receiver in the one unit to see if that needs to be replaced. Hard to believe quite a few folks are having this issue though and thinking it might be the opener. Hmmmmm.

Jay
Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DigMy35x
I haven't been able to solve it yet. The odd thing is that both of the other garage door openers work fine - and from a distance no less.

I am probably going to have the installers who put up our openers come back and look at the receiver in the one unit to see if that needs to be replaced. Hard to believe quite a few folks are having this issue though and thinking it might be the opener. Hmmmmm.
What's odd is that others work just fine. I programmed my HomeLink in my G the day I bought it and haven't had a single problem. I have a Chamberlain LiftMaster Elite Series and there are no issues - opens from as far as I can see, a house away.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 AM
DigMy35x

Yup - our other 2 doors work just as expected from a distance as well. Weird.

Not a huge priority but it is a pain. I'll try to report back once I get this figured out . . . hopefully!

Jay
Old 08-28-2011, 03:53 AM
SoupGFX

I have a 2009 g37 and I've never been able to get my homelink to work. It won't recognize the remote code at all. Tried resetting it, programming, resetting, two different garage remotes and no luck. I've concluded that it's probably the homelink system itself that is bad. Next time I take it into the shop for an oil change I'll have them look into this problem.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:31 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SoupGFX
I have a 2009 g37 and I've never been able to get my homelink to work. It won't recognize the remote code at all. Tried resetting it, programming, resetting, two different garage remotes and no luck. I've concluded that it's probably the homelink system itself that is bad. Next time I take it into the shop for an oil change I'll have them look into this problem.
If you are having trouble it may be the 'Rolling Code' method required to setup.
Did you do the second step described in the manual?

From the owners manual - "To program your HomeLink Transceiver to operate a garage door, gate, or entry door opener,home or office lighting, you need to be at thesame location as the device. Note: Garage door openers manufactured after 1996) have “rolling code protection”. To program a garage door opener equipped with “rolling code protection”; you will need to use a ladder to get up to the garage door opener motor to be able to access the “smart or learn” program button."
Old 08-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I curently have two running on it and before I had 2 doors and a gate and never had a problem. The place I am in now has brand new openers. This is my fourth vehicle with Homelinks and I have never had a problem with any of them. I always use the opener unit to program my links not the remote with the exception of gates.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. I have a 2010 G37xS sedan with Homelink and had a new Liftmaster system installed earlier today. Couldn't get my car, or the other 2 cars' HL systems programmed with the new opener. A 2010 M35 and 2011 Subaru Outback. Turns out LiftMaster and a few others use the new Homelink signal that's incompatible with 2010 and earlier model cars... Heck, I can't even program my dad's 2011 Subaru. Looks like I'll need a repeater that enables the older HomeLink systems to work. Calling the installers tomorrow to see what they can do.

So just a head's up guys. If you have a 2010 or older Infiniti, make sure your installers know to check for compatibility if you're getting a new rolling code system.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:19 PM
monty2003
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I had a heck of a time getting my 2009 G to connect to my Liftmaster Residential jackshaft operator. Homelink could not help, Chamberlin (liftmaster) could not help.

So, I reset the opener to factory default and cleared out the memory. After reprogramming everything worked well.

Brian
Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Good to hear. Installing company sent another guy back this morning. They plugged in a repeater to the wall socket and things programmed just fine. The older Homelink systems won't synch up to the newer rolling code openers so the repeater is needed.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
I have two Sears garage door openers roughly 15 years old.
I never had a problem with homelink on my previous 06 G35 or my current 2012 G37S
For those having problems, first clear the homelink memory in your vehicle
Follow the learn instructions and place the opener in the learning mode
Since you only have about 30 seconds, it would be helpful to have another person on a ladder to press the learning mode button on the opener while you are in the vehicle.

Telcoman
Old 02-09-2022, 04:49 PM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny Boy
3-Step Programing:

1) Clear the memory in your car's Homelink
2) Program the car to the remote control
3) Link the garage "learn" to your car

It is in Section 2-57 of the Owner's Manual.
Reviving this because I couldn’t figure out how to program this dang Homelink. Searched and came across this post and it just worked perfectly for my 2010 G37 Journey Sedan. I have a Chamberlin Liftmaster Professional 1/2HP garage door system with the PURPLE antenna and learn buttons.

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

Thanks Danny Boy!