G37 Sedan

Questions for new G37 owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 PM
saltfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too experience the rough downshift at low speeds which from my experience causes unpredictable braking but I don't think its entirely the transmission thats causing the rough downshift but in fact a combination of both the transmission and engine breaking.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks everyone! Great input. I too used to ride a Ninja and have owned several manual transmission cars too so downshifting is something that seems normal to me. I don't know eactly how it feels when the 09 G37 does it, but in theory I think I would like that.

I live in NY so there is rarely snow, like 3-5 times a year. I originally wanted a G37 coupe but the prices for 09s jumped up so much vs 08s ( I am talking lease numbers due to the bad residuals) that I had to swallow settling for a sedan. Then after calling a few dealers I realized I can't even get a RWD sedan unless I pay significantly more plus wait for it (even though the MSRP is less, this is due to the money factor) and still the prices for the Xs are not that great and they dont have any RWD to compare to anyway. As a matter of fact, I can proly get a 335 coupe for roughly the same money as a G37 coupe right now. I dont really want a 335, but the prices that used to be $150 a month apart are really making me think... Times are rough so signing for a bigger payment is not as easy as it used to be.

Both the G coupe and the sedan are awesome cars, i just dont need the extra doors right now. I was one of the first people to lease one in 2002 when the 2003 model went on sale, but paying more and getting less than what you want just blows!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:09 PM
brynomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex,

Look up the all wheel drive (ATESSA) that Nissan uses. Its usually rwd and puts the power up front as necessary. Last time I checked NY does get quite a bit of snow but the all wheel drive also helps in rain or other slippery conditions. I can really hit the corners hard and not worry about losing traction or anything. VDC can also be defeated.

I love the all wheel drive and never thought I would.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks bry

I am just about to sign for an Xs but before I do I just want to take one last stab and see if the coupes will come down a little in May. If not, I will have to go get the Xs. I am sure its a great car but to be honest I have never had issues with RWD cars in rain either. 3 dealers all quoted me roughly the same rates so if the coupe rates dont give in the next couple of weeks I will be joining the XS ranks.