G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What colors for the next generation G?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:19 PM
derek

Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM,
I do like the Athens, however, as I mentioned there are some limitations here in Canada- if you get the 6MT, and Athens, interior choice is black only. (I was crushed when I went to order my 05 and they told me that the Twilight was discontinued.) I ordered Athens/wheat, only to be told- not available with the 6MT in the coupe. In my perfect world, we'd be able to get Porsche's Lapis Blue Metallic with a medium tan interior; or the Dark Racing Green metallic of my 1990 VW Corrado, again with the same tan interior (the tan available on the FX would be great). Currently, black seems most popular for interiors with the young, north american crowd. My 03 G was willow and it was less universally sought when I went to sell, apparently; I couldn't believe it. Since the interior is my environment, I decided if not wheat then stone, and the best I could do with stone inside was Silverstone for an exterior colour. But, due to a mix-up on delivery dates and availability, I ended up with Silverstone(DG)/black. Ref interiors-having owned both, I'm here to tell you, black is a PITA wrt auto climate control. The dark interior, along with not being as warm and inviting, wreaks havoc with the sensors for the climate control, and thus makes frequent changes in temp necessary depending on how much sunlight is beating in on the car. I set the temp in my willow-interiored coupe 4 times a year, once when I took off my winter jacket, once when I put on shorts, once when the sandals went away for the year, and once when the winter jacket went back on. In the new car, it needs changing from day to day depending on how many clouds are in the sky.
As a universal statement, I'm of the belief that Infiniti needs to be more daring with colours- c'mon, a five non-colour lineup, another near non-colour (sorry lakeshore slate owners- looks great on the sedan but loses something without the bright trim on the coupe? imho), plus a nice red and blue. It's not just Infiniti of course, look at parking lots for car dealers; we're in a fairly sedate time for colours in car history, it seems. Almost all mfgs have grey and black as the only interior colours too. Years ago, my folks had a 626 LX, burgundy interior, then an Accord, blue interior, etc. Economies of scale, I know, but in a luxury marque, I would expect a bit more choice. Not tons more choice, but at least the ability to choose any of the current three interiors with all the available exteriors, in any tranny choice.
All gripes aside, none of this has really damped enjoyment of the car. The G remains a great ride; a big smile races across my face every time I turn the key, and with delight, I make a point of blasting all the back roads on my way to and from work every day.

Cheers,
Derek
Old 05-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Shellnyce

How about a nice metalic dookie brown.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Houston G

Originally Posted by Shellnyce
How about a nice metalic dookie brown.
Wow! Took ya only 3 months later to figure that one out.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:03 PM
ccalimquim

hmmmm...how about a chameleon white-silver-chrome??? What you think?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
babylef

periwinkle would be sooo cute
Old 10-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Switch

The original 2008 color thread

Since this is truely the ORIGINAL 2008 color thread, I thought i'd do everyone a nice favor and bump it.

Enjoy.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Stytch

Originally Posted by Kuz
a blue along the lines of the 350 daytona blue
YES, THAT COLOR STANDS OUT & IT LOOKS SOOOO SICK