Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My g needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:30 PM
xNightmare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My g needs help

Hey new to the forums. I have an 08 g37s and it's having Issues. When driving it will stop accelerating and the lights on the dash will start flickering and it will die. There's no check engine light coming on and have had the battery and alternator replaced and it still is having the same issue. I'm assuming it might be a bad connection or terminal. It jumps just fine and if I remove the jumper cables too soon it dies right away so the battery isn't holding a charge.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:46 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
load test your alternator. did you go to one of those low budget paisa hole in the wall cheap bastard shops to get the alternator replaced? if so i would question the the part they put in because shi thole places like that tend to use junk parts.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:57 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Its not the battery not holding a charge. Once the car is started the alternator is what keeps it running. If you unhook the battery and the car stays running then the alternator is working. If it shuts off then the alt is not working.

The cause is either going to be a loose connection, bad alternator, or possibly a bad fuse.`

Last edited by stealthee; 11-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:02 PM
xNightmare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright cool. Going to see if replacing my battery terminals fixes it first since they're kind of in bad shape If it's not them I'll get a volt meter to see if they sold me a bad alternator. Thanks for the help so far.