Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Fully loaded 2013 G37xS Coupe... Where are my RCA inputs?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:32 AM
skrolz
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Fully loaded 2013 G37xS Coupe... Where are my RCA inputs?!

This car is still fairly new to me (so pardon the ignorance), and while I was browsing the forums recently, I saw that people were connecting things to the RCA inputs in the center console. I got super hyped and started dreaming about installing a Super Nintendo Classic in the center console. Went to my car, and I have 3 blank holes where the inputs should be. What the hell?

What determines if your car has the inputs or not? Can I buy the OEM parts and add it myself? I'm not looking for some crazy jerry-rigged setup, so if I can't get a factory option going, I'll just keep it moving.

Thanks for any help!
Old 10-21-2017, 11:06 AM
skrolz
Registered Member

So it looks like I need to pick this up: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...318-4p000.html

Does anyone know if this will work with my system? If so, does anyone know which cable I need to make the connection to the head unit.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You can add
Old 10-21-2017, 01:52 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Surfnazi
You can add
Are you sure? I JUST read something about the stereo changing from 2010-2011 which won't allow this addition. If anyone can confirm either side, that would be great!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:24 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
i also have a 2013 xS coupe ....

your factory input options are:
- IOS device into USB port
- Bluetooth audio, if you have Nav

GROM Audio makes a Wirelinq cable that allows an Android device to be used as an IOS device - you will get song info, album art, steering wheel controls, etc. on the display when you plug it into the USB port.

they also make the Vline product that makes your headunit act as a Android Auto/Carplay unit, but its only available for older G's right now. later model device was supposed to be available last month, but its still not out yet. hopefully soon ...
Old 10-24-2017, 03:56 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Landshark
i also have a 2013 xS coupe ....

your factory input options are:
- IOS device into USB port
- Bluetooth audio, if you have Nav

GROM Audio makes a Wirelinq cable that allows an Android device to be used as an IOS device - you will get song info, album art, steering wheel controls, etc. on the display when you plug it into the USB port.

they also make the Vline product that makes your headunit act as a Android Auto/Carplay unit, but its only available for older G's right now. later model device was supposed to be available last month, but its still not out yet. hopefully soon ...
Not really sure any of this pertains to what I was asking, but I appreciate the attention and effort. My main question is whether or not I can purchase the factory RCA module I linked and add it to my car. I'm curious if it's even possible to connect the module up to the premium Bose system (I hope it is!). I still haven't managed to find a solid answer.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:19 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I'm not sure about buying OEM parts- perhaps that would work, but I read where one member got aux inputs installed on his car

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post4162890
Old 10-24-2017, 11:34 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I'm not sure about buying OEM parts- perhaps that would work, but I read where one member got aux inputs installed on his car

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post4162890
Hey, Kahboom. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I didn't find any information pertaining to my inquiry in that thread. It was a bunch of people arguing about buying Apple products! lol

Let me try to clarify: As I understand it, the earlier G37 had RCA inputs (red, white, yellow) in the center console. I assume (and maybe I'm wrong) that this allows video to pass through to the Navigation screen when the car is parked with brake on. This is what I'm going for. The later G37 doesn't have this, but has 3 blank holes where this RCA unit WOULD'VE been. I want to know if it's possible to retro-fit the RCA unit to the later G37 with Premium sound system.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
a search reveals you are probably out of luck. audio may be possible using the Sat radio hack mentioned in the link, but not video.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...g37-coupe.html

i would assume if it WERE possible, there would be a ton of threads/info about it. i would definitely be down for having the RCA AUX IN - would make phone-mirroring on the HU a possibility.
The following users liked this post:
skrolz (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 AM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Landshark
a search reveals you are probably out of luck. audio may be possible using the Sat radio hack mentioned in the link, but not video.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...g37-coupe.html

i would assume if it WERE possible, there would be a ton of threads/info about it. i would definitely be down for having the RCA AUX IN - would make phone-mirroring on the HU a possibility.
Shucks. Thanks, Landshark. Gahhhhh, RIP Dreams of Super Nintendo in the whip.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:23 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
I think they deep 6'd RCA connections in the 2010. I think '08 &'09 had em but my '10 and up have usb only as far as I know
Old 10-25-2017, 04:38 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by skrolz
Hey, Kahboom. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I didn't find any information pertaining to my inquiry in that thread. It was a bunch of people arguing about buying Apple products! lol

Let me try to clarify: As I understand it, the earlier G37 had RCA inputs (red, white, yellow) in the center console. I assume (and maybe I'm wrong) that this allows video to pass through to the Navigation screen when the car is parked with brake on. This is what I'm going for. The later G37 doesn't have this, but has 3 blank holes where this RCA unit WOULD'VE been. I want to know if it's possible to retro-fit the RCA unit to the later G37 with Premium sound system.
You might try reaching out to the member that posted that they had RCA inputs installed. Perhaps he can give you all the parts and how it was done. Worth a shot.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:07 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
You might try reaching out to the member that posted that they had RCA inputs installed. Perhaps he can give you all the parts and how it was done. Worth a shot.
Hey Kahboom. Can you clarify who did that? If you are referring to your previous link, I went through that entire thread again and did not see anyone that installed RCA inputs. Mind pointing it out or providing the user who did that? Thanks!
Old 10-27-2017, 03:23 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,254 Likes on 1,016 Posts
Hopefully I can shed some light on this:

From my research when I did the swap from 2008 to 2014, I noticed that the RCA "module" can physically be wired to the G37 headunit. The pinouts for the 2010+ system is practically identical to the R35 GT-R which has the RCA inputs (as a option on some models). The problem may be that the G37 headunit might be configured differently and not recognize the RCA module/inputs.

If anyone wants to be the guinea pig, there is only one wire harness (6 wires total) that connect the RCA module to the headunit. I have the pinouts and diagrams on my iPad. I didn't bother because I hated having all of those cables tucked away. Now I just use the USB stick and am done with it. Also, there is no "secret menu" or CONSULT-III setting that will enable the headunit to recognize the RCA's- it either will or it won't, depends on the settings stored on the hard drive.

Again, this is ONLY for the 2010-2015 AV systems.

Hope some of this helps.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 10-27-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typos
The following 2 users liked this post by ILM-NC G37S:
KAHBOOM (11-03-2017), skrolz (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:32 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Hopefully I can shed some light on this:

From my research when I did the swap from 2008 to 2014, I noticed that the RCA "module" can physically be wired to the G37 headunit. The pinouts for the 2010+ system is practically identical to the R35 GT-R which has the RCA inputs (as a option on some models). The problem may be that the G37 headunit might be configured differently and not recognize the RCA module/inputs.

If anyone wants to be the guinea pig, there is only one wire harness (6 wires total) that connect the RCA module to the headunit. I have the pinouts and diagrams on my iPad. I didn't bother because I hated having all of those cables tucked away. Now I just use the USB stick and am done with it. Also, there is no "secret menu" or CONSULT-III setting that will enable the headunit to recognize the RCA's- it either will or it won't, depends on the settings stored on the hard drive.

Again, this is ONLY for the 2010-2015 AV systems.

Hope some of this helps.
This helps immensely. THANK YOU!

Is there any chance that you have a part number for that harness? i was able to find the RCA unit easily; I just couldn't find the harness. I might be willing to give it a go...