G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally lowered on Tein Flex Z. Suggestions on next step?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:13 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Finally lowered on Tein Flex Z. Suggestions on next step?

I cannot believe I was this long with the disgusting front gap. Leaving parked for 2 weeks while I am out the country to let coils fully settle to readjust then alignment. Will update with pictures after.

Saved hundreds on installation by doing it myself installed rear camber arms. Also got toe bolts, but going to see if I can get in spec without them before installing.

Suggestions on next mod? OEM Sport spoiler already bought, and will be installed soon. I was thinking spacers for fitment. Not currently looking for aftermarket wheels since I will be moving within the next 12 months, and do not have storage to put the stocks for winter.

before gap below.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:37 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Looks really good. How's the ride/handling?

Next mod depends on what you are interested in doing next. Cosmetic? Performance?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:42 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Looks really good. How's the ride/handling?

Next mod depends on what you are interested in doing next. Cosmetic? Performance?
Thanks man. Coming from Street Advance Teins on my Acura TL from 2 years ago, they ride a lot better. Body roll is gone, and takes corners how it should have from factory. The Flex Zs do a very good job at absorbing disturbed roads as well. Got a double bounce in the front, but will probably just play with the damper a bit. Tein recommended 12 for US roads - I put it on 11. Will probably go 10 eventually to see how that handles.

All in all, it is more than a solid coil.

I am more so a handling & aesthetics guy, so was planning roof wrap with black roof spoiler, and a wrap or diffuser on the rear valance. Not sure if I can bring myself to dropping ~$400 on something that is only cosmetic in that fashion.

We will see where it leads me though.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:18 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Ha I almost mentioned a roof spoiler in my original post. I have one on my car and love the way it looks. I got the Gen 4 Extreme Spoiler on a group buy here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...f-spoiler.html
Old 09-22-2017, 10:36 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice job on the drop, have you considered HFCs or Test pipes?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I'd do spacers to get the wheels flush. Not sure what tires you're running but if they're the stock Bridgestones, and are somewhat worn, upgrade to Michelin PSS if you can still find them (most likely will be closeout pricing) or the new Michelin PS4. You'll be amazed at the difference.

If you did not get front camber arms, I'd get those asap. The stock Flex Z drop is enough to promote uneven wear up front.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Ha I almost mentioned a roof spoiler in my original post. I have one on my car and love the way it looks. I got the Gen 4 Extreme Spoiler on a group buy here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...f-spoiler.html
I was thinking about the roof spoiler. But now I am on the fence about it. Planned to get the black roof wrap, but not sure if the spoiler would look right over the non-spoiler.

vs

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice job on the drop, have you considered HFCs or Test pipes?
I was definitely considering HFC. I have the TopSpeed axleback, but not trying to get much drone. If I can find a steal on them, I will get.

Not a fan of my car smelling like a gokart with test pipes.

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2017, 10:13 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
I'd do spacers to get the wheels flush. Not sure what tires you're running but if they're the stock Bridgestones, and are somewhat worn, upgrade to Michelin PSS if you can still find them (most likely will be closeout pricing) or the new Michelin PS4. You'll be amazed at the difference.

If you did not get front camber arms, I'd get those asap. The stock Flex Z drop is enough to promote uneven wear up front.
For sure! Was planning on doing this in the coming months. I may just bite the bullet on tires. I think I drove 4k miles last year.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
The Michelins have greater sidewall compliance over rough roads. Having lived in Michigan myself, I know how bad the roads can be! It'll make a nice difference in ride with a net gain in handling over the RE-050A Bridgestones.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:28 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
The Michelins have greater sidewall compliance over rough roads. Having lived in Michigan myself, I know how bad the roads can be! It'll make a nice difference in ride with a net gain in handling over the RE-050A Bridgestones.
Yeah - the A2 roads are far better than the roads the more East you get to Detroit. Still all around better than Baltimore roads for sure.

I am riding on Continental DWS currently. a huge semi-flexy sidewall, but it does the job. Though, I felt the difference as soon as I switched to them in agility at stock height. Now, it seems non-existent in comparison.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by supreme
I was thinking about the roof spoiler. But now I am on the fence about it. Planned to get the black roof wrap, but not sure if the spoiler would look right over the non-spoiler.
I have the Gen 4 version which I think looks much better. There are some pictures of it in the link I posted earlier.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Yeah, get resonated HFCs if & when, no drone then, and if you get Fast Intentions, no CEL either.

The latest Conti Extreme Contact Sports are a good choice too, that sidewall flex has been addressed and are right in the Michelin range now, but a bit less $$.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:42 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Have some sway bar end links ready for when yours goes out and car starts to click at low speeds over speed bumps
The following users liked this post:
Chron (09-12-2019)
Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
at "Leaving parked for 2 weeks while I am out the country to let coils fully settle to readjust then alignment. Will update with pictures after."

leaving it parked it not gonna let it settle. needs to be moving
Old 09-26-2017, 06:29 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Yeah, get resonated HFCs if & when, no drone then, and if you get Fast Intentions, no CEL either.

The latest Conti Extreme Contact Sports are a good choice too, that sidewall flex has been addressed and are right in the Michelin range now, but a bit less $$.
Yep - that will be further down the line. Definitely in the back of my mind though. Glad to hear Conti made that change. I do feel Michelin is overpriced...if it was a summer tire, I would definitely be running Falken, but they don't make All seasons.

Originally Posted by Surfnazi
Have some sway bar end links ready for when yours goes out and car starts to click at low speeds over speed bumps
I just returned back to lowlife - all too familiar. MOOG FTW.

Originally Posted by saywat?
at "Leaving parked for 2 weeks while I am out the country to let coils fully settle to readjust then alignment. Will update with pictures after."

leaving it parked it not gonna let it settle. needs to be moving
I get that, but under compression will still help with settling driving or not.