Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Possible First time owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 01:36 AM
jdsj94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible First time owner

Hi all, I am hoping I can get some great feedback here. This is my very first time using car forums so bear with me if I don't get some things correctly. I am looking to buy an Infinity G 37 S coupe with less than 95k miles on it and no older than 2008. I am looking to spend around $10k (not much more than that). What features should I pay closer attention to when looking around for this car? Any common problems or defects and on what year models? Really any advice related to the buying of the car is helpful as this is my very first time searching for this car. I am looking to buy the car, finance it and then sell it after 6-12 months of acquiring it. Not gonna put a lot of miles on it since I have another car. (Tell me how much would be too much) Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:04 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site (and car forums in general )
If you aren't mechanically inclined I'd take a friend with you to help with your search.

Ideally getting a mechanic to give the car a thorough inspection would be best, including getting the car on a lift to look for any leaks, suspension issues, any chassis damage, etc.

These are reliable cars when they are maintained properly so a clean car that has dealer service records is something to check into. If you run the VIN# at the dealer they should be able to pull up any service done at Infiniti dealers.

G/L w/ your search, hope you find one that will work for you so we can officially welcome you here
Brad
Old 09-18-2017, 03:32 PM
jdsj94

Thank you very much. I will look around. I live in Fargo, ND and there aren't any Infinity car dealers here. I suppose I can always call them and ask them to run the car's VIN number. As of now I am looking for one on craigslist, cargurus, etc. Any other good sites to find cars for sale?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:14 PM
ramenno0dl3z

you can also look at the for sale section here on the forum. As Blnewt mentioned, these are pretty solid cars. never had issues with mine or my friends.
Not sure if you have decided on manual or automatic yet. If going automatic, you might want to look into whether you want the 5 or 7 speed. 7 speed is 09+ and 5 speed is 08