Sponsored By:

Driver door button non responsive

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:51 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Driver door button non responsive

All. I have searched and most say take it to dealer. I do not have a warranty and will fix myself. Last week my driver exterior door button to lock/unlock quit. The passenger side works fine. Ive reset battery numerous times and changed fobs and fob batteries to no avail.

Can anyone point in the right direction to what has failed and needs replacing?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:54 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,254 Likes on 1,016 Posts
More than likely the switch in the door handle has gone bad. You know the fob works because the button on the passenger side works. That said you would have to remove the door panel, locate the two wires that go to the switch, and test the switch with a multimeter.

If the switch has gone bad the entire door handle has to be replaced- the button switch is not available separately.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:56 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
More than likely the switch in the door handle has gone bad. You know the fob works because the button on the passenger side works. That said you would have to remove the door panel, locate the two wires that go to the switch, and test the switch with a multimeter.

If the switch has gone bad the entire door handle has to be replaced- the button switch is not available separately.
I appreciate that man. Just purchased a multimeter and have been looking for things to test lol. Looks like i found a new project.
Now to find a malbec black door handle