Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Upholstery cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:24 PM
Jdanniel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upholstery cleaner

hey guys this idiot of mechanic when putting my inspection ticket on my winshield rubbed his greasy oily hands on the upholstery. What is the best way to remove this without making it worse. Autozone recommended me gasoline or a paint thinner, it seems a bit aggressive no? Please help me it's driving me crazy.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:07 AM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
I would go right back into the shop and have them address the clean up. I had a local shop burn a hole into my passenger seat. I called them, spoke to the owner, and then passed them the bill for the repair.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:53 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Thats just a mechanic not giving a crap. Why would you put a sticker in a car with greasy hands?
I would not use gas or paint thinner. Thats some horrible advice from the dummies at autozone.
Find some upholstery cleaner and try that. Maybe some pumice hand cleaner if the upholsery cleaner doesn't get it.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:01 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
resolve carpet cleaner in small doses...works quite well if you follow the directions properly
Old 04-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Mr4thdimension

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should address it with the shop..... but if you dont want to bother with a confrontation and the hassle then use a clean tooth brush and this stuff

Amazon Amazon

That is easily the best cleaner I have ever used. I think they sell it at Walmart also.

It may actually be in the automotive section. been a while since I bought some.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:08 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Its not near as expensive as the Blue Magic that Mr4thdimension linked, and even though I haven't ever used that, I would bet Tuff Stuff works just as well. It can be found about anywhere and is about $3.50 for a 22 oz can

Amazon Amazon

I used it on a whim once and was shocked at the old dirt it removed. I told my mom to try it on some tough stains and it convinced her pretty quick that it was legit. She told my sister in law about it when she was trying to clean some stains left by my niece and nephew in her car and she is yet again another satisfied user.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:30 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Baking soda water and tooth brush