G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Will I regret buying the Duraflex IPL rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:53 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Original reply edited.

Code was for https://parts.infinitiusa.com/

Another option is to purchase from CZP (that's where I got mine). I paid $501.65 shipped, granted that was back in June '15. Had mine shipped to my father's business to reduce the shipping costs by $60.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:59 AM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Probably ESTORE2017 is what he is referring to for the Infiniti e-store, https://parts.infinitiusa.com/
Tried this but it said the code was only valid for specific products; not this one.

Originally Posted by Tsouchet
You can get the IPl rear bumper from the dealership for like $322.. just use the estore coupon! I had called and they were able to hand pick me one without sensor holes too !
Did you place the order online, or actually through the dealership using this code?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Tsouchet
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HotSawce
Tried this but it said the code was only valid for specific products; not this one.

Did you place the order online, or actually through the dealership using this code?
Yes I placed the order online, and used the code. I think it's cap sensitive. I just did it and it worked
Attached Thumbnails Will I regret buying the Duraflex IPL rear bumper?-img_1543.png  
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 03:50 PM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Tsouchet
Yes I placed the order online, and used the code. I think it's cap sensitive. I just did it and it worked
Hmm it's still not working for me. What's the exact part # in your cart?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Tsouchet
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HotSawce
Hmm it's still not working for me. What's the exact part # in your cart?
Part number is K6040-1VT2B .. I typed in 2013 G37 vibrant red
Old 04-26-2017, 04:04 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
https://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissan...&catalogid=212

Do we have to buy it for you too?

Last edited by jpowersjr2; 04-26-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:22 PM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
There's a few ways to go about navigating the store, and from the way I was doing it, for some reason, the bumper that I was adding wasn't taking the code.

But thanks..
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (04-26-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Raffi D
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey everyone. So unfortunately I got a sweet little love tap in stop and go traffic. It was enough that the front license plate of the guy punched a little hole in my rear aero/IPL bumper. I've been trying to find an OEM rear WITH the sensor holes because I don't want to lose the functionality but everywhere I look, they cost about $1k more. Why the hell does a bumper with holes cost so much more lol?

I've contacted conceptzperformance.com to see if they can contact the warehouse they'd buy from to see if they can specifically ship a KH3 rear bumper with holes but I'm not expecting them to be able to help much. They say they get them randomly with or w/o holes which I know was a packaging issue dating back to 2012.

Does anyone know of somewhere else I can get the rear bumper for cheap. I checked parts.infinitiusa.com but they only list the one w/o holes for sale on their site unfortunately.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
If u need to can't u jus makes them hoes urself? Is there something special about them hoes? Is the damage bad? Can it jus be repaired?
Old 07-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Raffi D
Registered Member

Originally Posted by saywat?
If u need to can't u jus makes them hoes urself? Is there something special about them hoes? Is the damage bad? Can it jus be repaired?
There's no way I'm drilling into a brand bumper. The damage is not terrible. I've heard of resin being used to fix damage like this but then you have to deal with painting/blending. I'd rather just get a new bumper... but I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend 1400 on one lol.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:19 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

so ur saying brand new pre painted bumper no need blend but if painting bumper then need to blend? no man usually painting bumper only no need blend. blend is usually for when painting fenders and doors
Old 07-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Raffi D
Registered Member

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.
You were asking about fixing the damage to my old bumper, right? I'm saying that if I had to repair my old bumper that got hit, I would need to use a resin to repair the crack in the bumper. That resin would fill the spots of the crack and would need to be painted over to avoid showing any signs of the crack. When you add the paint, you're going to have to blend it with the rest of the bumper.

I don't want to deal with any of that, so I would rather just get a new bumper. My old one might be up for sale if someone wants a bumper to fix
Old 07-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Raffi D
Registered Member

Also, I just spoke with someone at ConceptZ and they said that if they order the bumper, it is shipped to them first so they'll check it for holes and make sure it's the right one before they ship to you!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:29 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

naw man why would u blend the repaired part to the bumper? u repaint the entire bumper
Old 07-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Raffi D
Registered Member

Honestly man, I was having a tough time interpreting what you were trying to say in your post lol. I thought you were suggesting blending which is why I said that.

Anyways, I'd rather not deal with respraying a bumper because I've had cars in the past that were difficult to paint match even with the exact paint codes and suggested paint retailers. I'd rather get the OEM painted bumper. Plus you're not only dealing with the crack, there is also a slight indentation from the guy's license plate bolt which can be "fixed" but you're running up towards the cost of a new bumper.

Since ConceptZ is willing to check the bumper he orders for holes before shipping it to me, I'm gonna go through him. Their prices are ball park in the area of what I think the repair would cost me.