Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

08 G37S Coupe Interchangeable Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Datez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 08 G37S Coupe Interchangeable Parts

Hi folks, I am new to the forum, just purchased a 2008 G37S Coupe with 58k miles. I am having issues finding a good quality and reasonably priced camber kit. The previous owner has it lowered on Eibach springs. I have owned it for about two weeks and Ive already had a flat tire and my tire pressure warning light flashing again.

My question is, do the camber kits from a 2008 G35 fit my car? I have come across decent reviews about Megan Racing camber kits, but the only one I can find for the front camber is for a 2008 G35. Also, has anyone ever used this brand on their car? Is it true they do not have an positive degrees of camber in their adjustable range?

And please feel free to advice/suggest/recommend me on another brand if I am missing out. I have done a good amount of research the last two days on the common ebay brands (GodSpeed, SPC, Ichiba, etc)

Last edited by Datez; 03-22-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:11 PM
sydnrusty
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Have you determined that you actually NEED a camber kit? Did not having one somehow cause you to get a flat tire? How are your tires wearing?
I'm lowered on Eibach springs as well and my car is still within factory alignment specs (as far as I've heard, that's usually the case when only lowered on Eibach springs because it's a pretty mild drop).
If you haven't taken the car to a reputable shop for an alignment then that's where I'd start before sinking money into a camber kit you may or may not need.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:22 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
SPC is not an eBay brand, they are a well-known aftermarket company for alignment kits. They are probably the best brand to go with if you're on a budget. Don't get anything from GodSpeed or Megan, they are not as good. Voodoo13 and SPL are other options but higher priced.

According to the SPC website, the part numbers are the same for sedan and coupe (V36) so I believe they should be interchangeable.

I have to agree with sydnrusty above, I've never heard of flat tire/tire pressure issues caused by camber. If it's just one tire, there's probably a nail in the tire or a cracked wheel or some other underlying issue.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:08 PM
Datez

Picture from previous owner
Stance height
Current rear wheel negative camber

Current front wheel negative camber

So there is a bit of obvious negative camber, more so in the front. Initially, I thought it would be ok, however, when I got my flat, I noticed the amount of tread eaten up on the inner side of the rear tire (which is also where the tear occurred). I haven't driven the car in two days, since the light came on again, because I don't want to deal with getting a flat on my commute to and from work. But the car sitting these last few days still hasn't built up a flat or much of a noticeable different in pressure in any of the wheels. I don't know the exact amount the PO lowered it, but he told me they're on eibach springs. I haven't had it taken to an alignment shop yet, but this weekend I will when I get my new tires.

As for camber kits (if I actually end up getting some) I was initially looking at SPC and Kinetix, but then I found several threads on their failures. Megan Racing I've known since my civic days and I'm more familiar with their quality. I also haven't found as many negative reviews about them. SPL and Voodoo are wayyyy out of my budget haha.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
You definitely need an alignment ASAP, judging from the pictures the drop isn't that low and you should be able to get back to factory spec or close without camber kits.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 PM
sydnrusty
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
ya, my wheels definitely don't look like that. for sure get the alignment especially if you're getting new tires. hopefully they can get it into spec for you without having to buy a camber kit.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Datez

Well I'm glad to hear that. I wasn't going to pull the trigger on buying them just yet. But I was/will immediately after my alignment on Saturday if it doesn't come into specs. That's why I want to know of a good brand to go with.

Since we are on the topic of being lowered, is there such thing as extended ball joints for lowered Infiniti's to prevent my cv's from ripping and clicking? My axles already click every time I turn already...unfortunately.

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I have Tein S. Techs, arguably the lowest springs for a coupe and also without camber kits. I'm not going through hella tires at all, I bet your previous owner never got an alignment so the toe is actually eating up your tires, not the camber. The camber definitely doesn't help though.