Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New to G37s and have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Steve M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to G37s and have some questions.

Hello everyone from sunny NWF! I am new to this forum and have a few questions. Seems like this is a good place to start. I recently bought a 13 G 37s with the 6mt and am loving it so far. She just turned over 36k miles and according to the car fax report (in service date) I should have about 3 months of warranty left. I have a few things that I would think need to be addressed and wanted to get some thoughts from those that have experience with this car.

1. Does the throw-out bearing make more noise than you expected with the car parked and in neutral (engine running of course)? Its not bad but I haven't owned a MT in a long time.
2. When the temp is cooler outside and I first start the car it sounds like there could be an exhaust leak? It goes away (or gets quieter) after the first 30 seconds or so with the engine running.
3. I have a small spot of the clear coat coming off the front bumper, will the warranty cover it?
4. The brakes on this car are great but at higher speeds it feels like the front rotors could be slightly warped when the brakes are applied. Warranty or not?
5. Lastly, being the sport and a Mannual tranny I tried to "launch" it and it did not work. It was like there was a "safety mode" feature or something where the car would not fully engage the power until I let off the gas????? I had the traction control turned off. Also, if you start in first normally and then floor it the car acts normally until the traction control kicks in to stop wheel spin. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance for your help! I look forward to learning more about this car, its a blast to drive and definitely turns heads.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:04 AM
GariepyVQ
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For the second point just walk around the car while it's running and listen for a puttering noise coming from the side of the car, when I had a leak I found it was easier to notice at low rpms and high throttle (like 4th gear going 25 ish and accelerating). Usually an easy/cheap fix, mine just needed a new $10 gasket.
Best bet on specifics of the warranty is just to take it to the dealer and ask if it's covered, but I doubt the rock chip would.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:14 AM
Steve M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Closest dealer is about 100 miles away. Guess ill give them a call and see what they say. Where the clear coat is coming off isn't close to any rock chips. Of course that wouldn't be covered.