Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Accident help- totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 04:03 PM
isosunrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accident help- totaled?

Someone else was driving my car today. They Hit someone else- not sure of details just yet. Everyone walked away safe. Air bags did not deploy. No fluids leaking. No lights on dash. Can't tell what's what at this point. Power steering or something seems off, car feels heavy just had my pump replaced last week smfh). Detailed pictures attached.

2011 with 92k

List of what I can see Needs to be replaced.

Headlights
Both fog lights
Front Bumper
Hood
Both fenders
All plastic pieces shot
Bumper support
Plastic covers under the car

Paint chipped on both driver and passenger side door where the door meets fender. Accident help- totaled?-photo923.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo675.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo487.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo977.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo346.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	photo346.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	861.3 KB
ID:	125224Accident help- totaled?-photo351.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo248.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo910.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo695.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo588.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo390.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo911.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo293.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo2.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo622.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo579.jpgAccident help- totaled?-photo121.jpg
Old 11-19-2016, 08:45 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Air bags did not deploy ????? WOW and why ?
Old 11-19-2016, 09:04 PM
isosunrise

Originally Posted by slawek65
Nope! Kinda hope it's totaled. Any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2016, 11:59 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like there may not be any structural damage and it all is just cosmetic. If that's the case it likely will not be totaled.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:04 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
no insurance?
Old 11-20-2016, 12:42 AM
isosunrise

Originally Posted by stealthee
It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like there may not be any structural damage and it all is just cosmetic. If that's the case it likely will not be totaled.
My thoughts exactly. Just thought that if the damage is 60-70% of the cars value the insurance company will total the car out.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:42 AM
isosunrise

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
no insurance?
Yes, I have insurance. Sticky situation tho. Just trying to get some insight before Monday comes.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:55 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Put it through insurance, pay your deductible and try getting some upgrades with their estimate. It's hard to tell just by photos but it doesn't seem to have any serious frame damage but then again I'm going by the photos. Best of luck with the situation, most important thing is that everyone involved walked away safely.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:54 AM
z 2 g
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by isosunrise

My thoughts exactly. Just thought that if the damage is 60-70% of the cars value the insurance company will total the car out.
Insurance will take damage estimate and salvage valve, then compare to current book value and go from there. There are times if totaled you can buy back the salvage unit if you so desire.
May be some structure damage though. Front fender dent at the rear and slight push back on door may indicate the crumple zone in front of firewall started to give a little.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
No airbags deployed..WOW

Originally Posted by slawek65
That's odd, front impact , which looks substantial and the airbags didn't deploy?? I would make them total that, car will never be the same , not too mention , it wont be worth anything when you go to trade or sell. Some prk rear ended my Altima, though the Nissan dealer did a good job, when it came time to trade it in 05' Altima SE with 68K miles, they wanted to give me $2000...had to sell it outright....sorry for your loss
Old 11-20-2016, 12:18 PM
isosunrise

Originally Posted by Rich11G37xS
That's odd, front impact , which looks substantial and the airbags didn't deploy?? I would make them total that, car will never be the same , not too mention , it wont be worth anything when you go to trade or sell. Some prk rear ended my Altima, though the Nissan dealer did a good job, when it came time to trade it in 05' Altima SE with 68K miles, they wanted to give me $2000...had to sell it outright....sorry for your loss
I'm upside down in my loan. I'll pray it's totaled and then go about settling the balance with the finance company.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:52 AM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Usually if a vehicle is totaled the will give you the insurance value of the car, not the resale value.

My 2001 Infiniti QX4 with 165,000 miles was totaled in 2012. It was worth maybe $5,000. Insurance totaled it and gave us a $9,000 check. At this point, hope the car is totaled. The airbags should have deployed and your car won't be the same after repairs.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:42 PM
isosunrise

Originally Posted by steven92
Usually if a vehicle is totaled the will give you the insurance value of the car, not the resale value.

My 2001 Infiniti QX4 with 165,000 miles was totaled in 2012. It was worth maybe $5,000. Insurance totaled it and gave us a $9,000 check. At this point, hope the car is totaled. The airbags should have deployed and your car won't be the same after repairs.
Thanks for the insight. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I recently got a settlement from Nissan North America for the car being a lemon- wish the case was still open- air bags should have gone off they did not.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:28 PM
LateApex

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Speaking, unfortunately, from recent experience... that I didn't post about...

I recently had some damage to the right front corner of my G. I was going to my son's school (they called because he was "sick") to pick him up. There's a really weird intersection where the roads come together kind of like a peace sign, not at 90 degree angles. The two legs of the peace sign do not have stop signs. I was approaching on one of them, another car coming the other way as well, I needed to make the "hard" left. (Going "straight" through the intersection is kind of a dog-leg left.) I stopped, to yield the right of way, and he stopped. With no signal, didn't start to make any turn or anything. Just sat there... So, after a bit... I decide I'm not going to sit all day, and started to make my left, of course, at the same time he decided he'd go, straight. Technically, my fault because there's no law that says when you take a driving "time out" at an intersection where you do not have a stop sign, you can't just decide to go then, whenever you want.

Anyway... Bumper cover needed replaced, bumper support, rad support (which is one big piece of plastic), right headlight, fog light, right fender and grill. (I replaced with midnight black). From the looks of it, it was far less damage than yours and was still $4500. Oh yeah... washer fluid tank, behind the headlight. I'm surprised yours didn't break. My hood was OK. Heck, those headlights are over $1000, each.

Given you'll need both headlights, both fenders, the hood, the doors blended (at least) and more "bits" under the hood replaced than I did... I can see this easily being considerably more than mine. KBB, for what it's worth, says your car is worth $12K. I'm guessing this will easily exceed the "total it" threshold, which may be for the best.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:08 PM
isosunrise

Originally Posted by LateApex
Speaking, unfortunately, from recent experience... that I didn't post about...

I recently had some damage to the right front corner of my G. I was going to my son's school (they called because he was "sick") to pick him up. There's a really weird intersection where the roads come together kind of like a peace sign, not at 90 degree angles. The two legs of the peace sign do not have stop signs. I was approaching on one of them, another car coming the other way as well, I needed to make the "hard" left. (Going "straight" through the intersection is kind of a dog-leg left.) I stopped, to yield the right of way, and he stopped. With no signal, didn't start to make any turn or anything. Just sat there... So, after a bit... I decide I'm not going to sit all day, and started to make my left, of course, at the same time he decided he'd go, straight. Technically, my fault because there's no law that says when you take a driving "time out" at an intersection where you do not have a stop sign, you can't just decide to go then, whenever you want.

Anyway... Bumper cover needed replaced, bumper support, rad support (which is one big piece of plastic), right headlight, fog light, right fender and grill. (I replaced with midnight black). From the looks of it, it was far less damage than yours and was still $4500. Oh yeah... washer fluid tank, behind the headlight. I'm surprised yours didn't break. My hood was OK. Heck, those headlights are over $1000, each.

Given you'll need both headlights, both fenders, the hood, the doors blended (at least) and more "bits" under the hood replaced than I did... I can see this easily being considerably more than mine. KBB, for what it's worth, says your car is worth $12K. I'm guessing this will easily exceed the "total it" threshold, which may be for the best.
Wow your experience sounds worse then mine. Although I was not driving- I could imagine mine was worse- when the car came back to my place I noticed no leaking fluids which initially made things looks decent. After realizing the hood was shot I started getting worried. Underneath everything is shot (plastic wise) from what I know the car drives. Both fender are pushed into the doors and both doors are really chipped up . I hope it totaled I don't want to deal with a car in this type of accident again