Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

UGH, road kill

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 09:22 AM
nogoer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
UGH, road kill

What is it with local governments these days?! Huge dead deer totally creamed in the middle of the right lane on a busy highway and state construction crews literally a few hundred feet away ignoring it while people continue to smash over it.

I was in a pack of traffic and didnt see the thing until it was quickly slipping under my car. I'm lowered with tanabe exhaust that goes even lower and i just completely mashed over the thing. It made a huge bang, but doesn't appear to have caused any damage. Now i have nasty rotting deer flesh hanging in bits under my car and no way to hose it off until i get home from work in 8 hours.

This dam bridgeport 25/I-95 commute has done nothing but destroy every car i've owned since i started it. Ive literally gotten more damage from road debris in the 5 years of this jobs commute than i have in all the time at any other job. Ive chipped 4 car windshields including a loaner car while waiting to pick up my other car which i then a few days later chipped the windshield of as well.

sorry...vent over
Old 06-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Sucks man.. Sounds pretty annoying
Old 06-29-2016, 09:38 AM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
I remember running over a dear in my mustang years ago..same exact situation you were in. I could smell the meat cooking on the x pipe.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:54 AM
nogoer

Originally Posted by VaderK52
I remember running over a dear in my mustang years ago..same exact situation you were in. I could smell the meat cooking on the x pipe.
LOL, its gross i could see deer fur in some spots. I dont know what part of it i hit but it was freaking rock solid. I honestly dont know how it didnt rip the exhaust off the car.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 AM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by nogoer

This dam bridgeport 25/I-95 commute has done nothing but destroy every car i've owned since i started it. Ive literally gotten more damage from road debris in the 5 years of this jobs commute than i have in all the time at any other job. Ive chipped 4 car windshields including a loaner car while waiting to pick up my other car which i then a few days later chipped the windshield of as well.

sorry...vent over
I feel your pain man. I commute on 287 every day and I'm in sales so I put hundreds of extra miles on my car every month. It's infuriating just how much wear and tear is forced on your car just because you have to go to work.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:20 PM
j50ny
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 140 Posts
Dayum....that sucks! I'm glad you don't have any damage, but THAT SMELL!!!!!

Let that be the first thing you take care after work (if you can)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:31 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Changing your driving habits might avoid this in the future? Increasing following distance allows one to react to such debris in the road rather than driving over it.

Good luck removing what's left of the roadkill from your car. Probably best to just let it burn off at this point.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:40 PM
That Dude
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel your pain, hit a raccoon the other night and the guts were all in my new rim, it stunk. Not as bad as when I hit that skunk though lol. I wouldn't even bother hosing it off, it will burn off and you will never know it was there in a week.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:06 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
Changing your driving habits might avoid this in the future? Increasing following distance allows one to react to such debris in the road rather than driving over it.
Can't do that during rush hour or you'll end up going backwards as other cars continuously take up that empty space.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:49 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Can't do that during rush hour or you'll end up going backwards as other cars continuously take up that empty space.
I don't agree with this. I think it's a wash at the end, only difference is you're moving at a slower speed with fewer actual stops - less wear and tear on the clutch.

I see this on the highway all the time, even when there is light traffic, cars running barely a car length apart.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:15 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Good luck removing what's left of the roadkill from your car. Probably best to just let it burn off at this point.
Yeah, i was following a car a little too close and ran over a dead buzzard. It scratched up my lip just a little bit because i hit the wing which was sticking up. Tough lesson to learn and unfortunately i learned it the hard way. Just glad and lucky it wasn't worse.

Just be glad it wasn't worse nogoer and count your blessings. And maybe put some Vicks vapor rub on your chest for your commute if the funk gets bad...
Old 06-29-2016, 03:25 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
UGH, road kill-get-well.jpg

That sucks man.
The following users liked this post:
JSolo (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 03:43 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
It might help to find a nearby touchless automatic car wash that power-washes the undercarriage.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:00 PM
nogoer

Yeah i usually do but in this instance even if i had time to react there was nowhere to go as there was traffic in all lanes around me. IT's tough in highway situations when theres lots of traffic, it was also basically the pack of traffic from a light that was just getting up to speed. Just a bad situation overall.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:06 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by JUMBO PALACE
I feel your pain man. I commute on 287 every day and I'm in sales so I put hundreds of extra miles on my car every month. It's infuriating just how much wear and tear is forced on your car just because you have to go to work.
I bet I blew by you at one point or another
I take 287 over to the Merritt every day on my way over to Norwalk.

I'll be sure to avoid 95 to steer clear of nogoer's pavement patty.

Quick Reply: UGH, road kill