Sponsored By:

The Coupe Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 09:06 PM
cMar
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cMar
I’m going to get some fly-bys and other clips this week and make a video of it. I’ll post it here when I get it done
Originally Posted by GreenLightBully
Any chance you got a video of this sound?
I updated my post, the video is there now.
The following users liked this post:
Bommerang (08-05-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 10:19 AM
GreenLightBully

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just looked at video and it sound amazing
Old 11-27-2019, 04:02 PM
Taiwt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m looking for a used exhaust, how would one go about buying on and having it installed? Also a high school kid haha so what would be the best bang for my buck that’s not crazy expensive.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:48 AM
GofToronto
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fast Intentions FFCs

Folks I am running an ARK catback on a 2012 6MT sedan Has anybody tried ARK catback with FI FFCs. I love the way a ARK sounds and don’t want anything louder than that. Trying to get an idea what difference in sound will FI FFCs make in combination with ARK catback and may be long tube cold air intakes down the road
Old 04-15-2020, 06:53 PM
RicardoG37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a used single exhaust, if some know pm!!
Old 04-23-2020, 01:33 AM
Guts
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GofToronto
Folks I am running an ARK catback on a 2012 6MT sedan Has anybody tried ARK catback with FI FFCs. I love the way a ARK sounds and don’t want anything louder than that. Trying to get an idea what difference in sound will FI FFCs make in combination with ARK catback and may be long tube cold air intakes down the road
I have an Ark catback on my coupe G37, I had a stillen gen3 cold air intake and it sounded lovely. I just upgraded to stillen supercharger and sounds even better. My apologies for my ignorance, but what is FFC? I'm assuming FI is Fast Intentions.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:35 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by RicardoG37
Looking for a used single exhaust, if some know pm!!
Post a want to buy in the classifieds.

Originally Posted by Guts
I have an Ark catback on my coupe G37, I had a stillen gen3 cold air intake and it sounded lovely. I just upgraded to stillen supercharger and sounds even better. My apologies for my ignorance, but what is FFC? I'm assuming FI is Fast Intentions.
Yeah FI = Fast Intetions. He probably meant HFC (high flow cats) or RHFC (resonated high flow cats).

On another note: Supercharged?! Lets see the setup. Do you have an Instagram?
GofToronto (08-05-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 07:38 PM
Nightfury37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G37 Exhaust Hiss

I cannot wrap my head around this. Has anyone figured out what the hiss is about? I have a 08 G37 Coupe , intakes, dc sport headers, motordyne art pipes, ark grip cbe and i get nothing but this hissing noise. On cold start, and around 3k rpm when accelerating aswell as decel and i can faintly here it at idle. It seems very consistent too. I've checked for leaks, no leaks
, I've replaced the whole exhaust and still get it. Not sure what to do anymore and its really annoying. Makes the car sound like a pos. Someone said it could be the intakes but its pretty noticeable between intake whistling and the hiss from what I'm hearing. Any thoughts??
Old 05-21-2020, 11:58 PM
Guts
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Post a want to buy in the classifieds.

Yeah FI = Fast Intetions. He probably meant HFC (high flow cats) or RHFC (resonated high flow cats).

On another note: Supercharged?! Lets see the setup. Do you have an Instagram?
Yeah, hit me up. Im pretty new and only have a few pictures up but more to come. You'll have to request. I keep it private so i dont get stalked by my professional life.

I accept people I know and "VQ heads". Lol!

@guts_g37
Old 05-28-2020, 02:49 PM
axis.
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightfury37
I cannot wrap my head around this. Has anyone figured out what the hiss is about? I have a 08 G37 Coupe , intakes, dc sport headers, motordyne art pipes, ark grip cbe and i get nothing but this hissing noise. On cold start, and around 3k rpm when accelerating aswell as decel and i can faintly here it at idle. It seems very consistent too. I've checked for leaks, no leaks
, I've replaced the whole exhaust and still get it. Not sure what to do anymore and its really annoying. Makes the car sound like a pos. Someone said it could be the intakes but its pretty noticeable between intake whistling and the hiss from what I'm hearing. Any thoughts??
I think I've read that the hiss is kinda normal for these cars?

I can't really contribute as I've had leaking issues with every setup I've had and I think the leak is more audible than any hissing so I don't hear any hissing lol
Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Guts
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Nightfury37
Unfortunately, your perception of hiss might be different from ours, so that is difficult. I know it is common for the mt to kind of rattle a bit when the clutch is not pushed it. Sounds very similar to the Ducati dry chain, if you are familiar with motorcycles. That is normal.

Of course i am no mechanic, so I would definitely suggest getting it checked.

Now, if I were trying to save money, I would go to a used car lot and test drive a mt near me in order to see if I hear the same hiss. That would give you an idea as to if it is normal. I hope that helps.
Nightfury37 (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 03:27 PM
Nightfury37
Registered Member

Awesome thank you so much for the info. Its just spent a lot of money on this setup and listening to YouTube clips and building then actually having infront of me, sounds nothing like the others and motordyne responded saying its normal so 🤷
Old 07-28-2020, 09:03 PM
Logan7
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
just bought the invidia gemini!
The following 2 users liked this post by Logan7:
BxG3? (07-29-2020), Nightfury37 (07-29-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 06:50 PM
imbills
Registered Member

Just ordered Motordyne Shockwave for the IPL , can take a month to receive.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Nightfury37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by imbills
Just ordered Motordyne Shockwave for the IPL , can take a month to receive.
Same here after my exhaust situation and even 3 different shops couldn't figure it out I ended up ordering a E370 Shockwave Exhaust for my G37 from conceptzperformance.com. Its been about a month and a half and im still waiting for it lol at least it will be worth the wait
imbills (08-13-2020)

Quick Reply: The Coupe Exhaust Thread