Sponsored By:

Top Speed vs Beluga vs Manzo FINAL DEBATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 09:03 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by pal51961
I owned the top speed units for about 2 days and went insane with the drone. Under acceleration you couldn't think, it was too much for me so I sent them back. I would not recommend this unit to anyone.
Sheesh. What was your setup. Just the axle back or you had other exhaust changes as well?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:42 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by supreme
That sounds great! Although, I need HFC for mine. I cannot get past the smell of test pipes.
I had to get a tune to fix my a/f ratio because the fuel smell was pretty bad, after the tune I barely ever smell it. The wind has to blow at 10 degrees north with my windows open for me to smell it now. Also I can shoot flames now!

Name:  IMG_2157_zpsktlrmpkc.jpg
Views: 3531
Size:  85.4 KB

Last edited by xnick101; 02-03-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

I owned the top speed units for about 2 days and went insane with the drone. Under acceleration you couldn't think, it was too much for me so I sent them back. I would not recommend this unit to anyone.
I feel like this is too opinionated, it might sound too loud/droney for you but the next person might think it is really quiet. Just how one perceives sound.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xnick101
I feel like this is too opinionated, it might sound too loud/droney for you but the next person might think it is really quiet. Just how one perceives sound.
Agreed. Had I seen that many reviews like that. I wouldn't have even considered. Good thing I didn't.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
AzNBoY92

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Most reviews I see are too loud for the gf or wife, or too loud for the actual person, but Imo everybody has their own preferences of sound, one person might like the louder sound while another just wants a little increase from stock.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
G-thirty7X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was this the same Top Speed exhaust as the Manzo/Beluga? I thought I remember seeing a straight pipe option without any cans from Top Speed. I could see that system being loud in comparison.

I think the best way to put this all to rest is going to be logging frequency response data with a dB meter under various engine load scenarios. Perhaps an acceleration run, and then steady speed at 45, 80 etc.

I have the equipment to do this but haven't bit the bullet yet. If I do, I'll log some dB response data. If there is any drone we should be able to see where it lies in the frequency spectrum and how intense it is in comparison to stock.

Unless anyone else has an SPL meter or calibrated mic?

Edit: This is the straight pipe Top Speed system I'm referring to:
Top Speed vs Beluga vs Manzo FINAL DEBATE-go91pub.jpg

This is not the one you have, correct?
Old 02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G-thirty7X
Was this the same Top Speed exhaust as the Manzo/Beluga? I thought I remember seeing a straight pipe option without any cans from Top Speed. I could see that system being loud in comparison.

I think the best way to put this all to rest is going to be logging frequency response data with a dB meter under various engine load scenarios. Perhaps an acceleration run, and then steady speed at 45, 80 etc.

I have the equipment to do this but haven't bit the bullet yet. If I do, I'll log some dB response data. If there is any drone we should be able to see where it lies in the frequency spectrum and how intense it is in comparison to stock.

That sounds like a great idea. But that would mean one person would have to 3 separate axle backs, and take one for the team. LOL
Old 02-04-2016, 11:02 AM
pal51961
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
these are them

These are the ones I had, way to Fing loud!!
Attached Thumbnails Top Speed vs Beluga vs Manzo FINAL DEBATE-s-l1600-3.jpg  
Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
G-thirty7X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by supreme
That sounds like a great idea. But that would mean one person would have to 3 separate axle backs, and take one for the team. LOL
True!

If I did this I would just log the stock system and then whichever axle back I chose to go with.

It wouldn't be an optimal comparison without all 3 axle back systems, but it should give us a good idea. Besides knowing exactly how much material each company packs their cans with - all 3 appear to be the same can diameter/length.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Edit: This is the straight pipe Top Speed system I'm referring to:

This is not the one you have, correct?

Those were not even considered. They are brutally loud

These are the ones I had, way to Fing loud!!

What is Market Outlet? I think you may have got the authentic Chinese version...

True!

If I did this I would just log the stock system and then whichever axle back I chose to go with.

It wouldn't be an optimal comparison without all 3 axle back systems, but it should give us a good idea. Besides knowing exactly how much material each company packs their cans with - all 3 appear to be the same can diameter/length.

I would be down had I been closer. I think it does come down to the material it was packed with.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
xnick101
Registered Member

This is more similar to the AAM short tails.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Pretty happy with my Beluga axle back - I think I paid around $160-$180 from eBay. I see it on there now for some ridiculous amount, or "best offer". ???

Nice deep sound. Has a bit of drone at low rpms, but it's at a very narrow band of rpms - basically when pulling away from a stop. No drone while regular driving.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
I have a question I had the top speed axleback on my g37 coupe, now I have a sedan and was wondering if the y back will be as loud as the coupe axleback?? I liked how loud it was and didn't mind it at all always got compliments everywhere I went
Old 02-05-2016, 03:13 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
Pretty happy with my Beluga axle back - I think I paid around $160-$180 from eBay. I see it on there now for some ridiculous amount, or "best offer". ???

Nice deep sound. Has a bit of drone at low rpms, but it's at a very narrow band of rpms - basically when pulling away from a stop. No drone while regular driving.
Where'd you get it for 160-180$? Everywhere is 250$ or so.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Where'd you get it for 160-180$? Everywhere is 250$ or so.
you're right, it was around $250. i keep confusing it with something else i bought around t he same time ...

Quick Reply: Top Speed vs Beluga vs Manzo FINAL DEBATE