Sponsored By:

Coupe/sedan spoiler differences?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:11 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Coupe/sedan spoiler differences?

Well ****, guys. I did use the search function but after reading through a few slightly off topic threads somehow I found my info but I can't delete this thread. So...

Might as well make this a good thread. Answers that I found:
the750"coupe spoilers won't work on the sedan. the trunks are completely different... the coupe spoilers (both 03-05 and 06-07) do not use pedestals, as in the entire bottom surface of the spoiler makes contact with the trunk. so the only way to do it is if the sedan had the exact same trunk as the coupe which it does not."
chodanics:
"The oem mounting information:

Sedan
Overall Length: 51.5"
Distance Between Outside Edges of Mounting Posts: 46.5"
Distance Between Centers of Mounting Holes: 46.25"

Coupe
Overall Length: 53.5"
Distance Between Centers of Mounting Holes: 41.25""

I really wanted to get something similar to the GTR black edition spoiler, the actual carbon fiber would be nice but I have no idea about fitment. Then I've seen these on ebay, but they say sedan only. Can anyone explain why that would be? I thought spoilers were mostly universal so I'm surprised there would be a difference of fit between the sedan and the coupe? Is the trunk on the coupe actually too short?

I'm new to the forum, just picked up a G a couple days ago. It's great! As a TSX enthusiast, I've always wanted something RWD with 6MT and it's the perfect blend of fast for me and professional for my gf. I still need to pick up a 2007-2008 ECU for my TSX to get flashpro going on it, so I'm excited to do the same for the G because I saw it already has injen CAI and I plan on doing some mods as well, so what has worked best for engine management? My car is a 2009 G37 coupe

Last edited by RickyBobby; 11-12-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:46 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
The shape of the trunk is different for all of the cars you mention. The GTR is its own car, the sedan is its own car and the coupe is its own... so yeah they are all slightly different. Not to say you couldn't make it work but it just might not be worth it. Not sure what your budget is or what you think is worth time and effort. Universal trunk mounted spoilers can be made to fit whatever you want them to...hence universal. Doesn't mean it should be done though...just sayin.