Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

More power

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:22 PM
crouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More power

So if I want more power in G. Should I go with twin turbo or with the Stillen supercharger? Our is there something else that would help me out. Thanks for any info.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:30 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Get a GT-R. Tons of power tons of grip.
The following users liked this post:
Motoboat (06-27-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 05:36 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by crouse
So if I want more power in G. Should I go with twin turbo or with the Stillen supercharger? Our is there something else that would help me out. Thanks for any info.
It really depends on your goals for the car and your budget. Let's assume that getting a GT-R is out of scope. It was for me... there is no denying how fast they are, but they do attract a lot of attention... and not all of that is good. Having said that, there is no modified G or Z that will come close to the brute power of our big brother Godzilla.

I went the Stillen SC route... and if are going to be OK with 440 to the ground it is a good way to upgrade your car. If you want 500+ and are willing to upgrade internals then turbo is your best choice. Not the cheaper choice, but definitely more possibilities.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:49 PM
rj8dan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a good thread if you're considering the Stillen SC-- https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...pics-vids.html
Old 07-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
When you say "upgrade your internals" what do you mean? Plz forgive the ignorance of a newbie. Also what would this upgrade cost? Just a estimated range would be much appreciated. I never thought I would consider anything other than bolt ons until recently.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:50 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
^^ Internals would be new forged pistons and rods, crankshaft, new and stronger main bolts and studs, upgraded valve stems, springs, retainers, etc. It's one hot mess of an upgrade and requires complete engine removal. Oh, and did I mention that it's expensive?
Redfire32 (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Flakman
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
^^ Internals would be new forged pistons and rods, crankshaft, new and stronger main bolts and studs, upgraded valve stems, springs, retainers, etc. It's one hot mess of an upgrade and requires complete engine removal. Oh, and did I mention that it's expensive?
...and that's before you even get to purchasing the turbo
Old 07-03-2015, 11:26 PM
crouse

I think I'll look into the Stillen SC. GTM makes a turbo kit 1000 hp for around $10,000, but I don't want to have to start upgrading the entire engine like mentioned in the other post like new forged pistons and rods, crankshaft, new and stronger main bolts and studs, upgraded valve stems.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:48 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

I think that you are dreaming if you think that you can get a turbo kit build for 10k. I budgeted that for my Stillen build and I am at 13.5 and I now need a new clutch. FI is fun but it is not cheap. I sometimes wonder if it was worth the money and the aggravation.
The following 2 users liked this post by goredcar:
akiradavis (07-08-2015), seymore4 (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:01 AM
crouse

Originally Posted by goredcar
I think that you are dreaming if you think that you can get a turbo kit build for 10k. I budgeted that for my Stillen build and I am at 13.5 and I now need a new clutch. FI is fun but it is not cheap. I sometimes wonder if it was worth the money and the aggravation.
I don't really want to spend more than 15k. Do you think the Stillen build is worth it?
Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I don't really want to spend more than 15k. Do you think the Stillen build is worth it?
Might stay tuned for the Fast Intentions TT setup, looks to be close now~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...-to-the-g.html
Old 07-04-2015, 01:34 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

I do think that the Stillen tune is worth it. I am putting down 443HP 323TQ. Compared to my full bolt on NA Osiris tuned car I am up 160HP (on the exact same dyno). It is a totally different car now. I will need a new clutch soon. With either turbo or SC you will need a beefier clutch if you are 6MT. If you are auto, I think you would be much safer with the SC. I rode in a SC auto and it felt faster as you are not ever caught in the wrong gear as the auto will quickly downshift and get you into the RPM range where it is making big power.

I think that 15K is a good budget for an all in SC build. I upgraded to Hawk pads, Hotchkis sway bars and the Frozen boost intercooler. The car handles well and is a lot of fun in the tight turns. I would not go to the 9lb pullet as it is a cascade that will require new MAF sensors and also bigger injectors for a marginal increase in power. Keep the stillen kit as is with the exception of changing out the intercooler. It is too small and you will get bad hear soak. I also would not buy the Osiris tune from Stillen. I had a lot of problems with this and ended up going to another shop for a custom tune.

PM me if you like... I would be happy to chat and send you pics of the build.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:21 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I also would not buy the Osiris tune from Stillen. I had a lot of problems with this and ended up going to another shop for a custom tune.
+1.. Absolutely need a custom dyno tune
Old 07-09-2015, 09:25 AM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Guys, Hope everyone here's having a nice summer. You got to wonder how the manufacturers are able to keep the costs down and reasonable when they introduce cars with FI. A few that come to mind are the BMW 3 series with their turbos...albeit not without their problems and Audi with their S cars and the 3.0 L Supercharged. Mercedes has the new CLA AMG 45 that is now the king of the horsepower ratings for a 2 litre engine! 2 L Turbo producing 365 HP! And now Infiniti has announced that the new replacement for the G....we all know that the Q was just marketing BS will replaced be the 2017 Q60 and it will have 2 options: a 3.0 liter engine producing 400 HP and option at 450. All my friends who installed even mild turbos ended up rebuilding their engines with expensive parts....drove them a bit then sold them and bought new cars with nearly the same output stock!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:55 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Having said that, there is no modified G or Z that will come close to the brute power of our big brother Godzilla.
Nope none at all.

jroyalty7 (07-09-2015)

Quick Reply: More power