Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What is this key symbol on the dash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 02:45 PM
adrianbf
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but the intelligent key light has been on in my car for a while. I replaced the fob battery but it still stays blinking when I turn it on. For some reason it disappears when I put in in drive... any thoughts?
Old 06-17-2021, 03:39 PM
DodgeGrady

Manners

Simmer down buttercup. It is easier to be polite and courteous than it is to be a "tool box". RTFM? Seriously? How do you know that the car wasn't purchased used with a missing manual? Not a single used car dealer here in Maine will replace missing manuals. Heck, they won't replace missing spare tires or jacks unless the customer requests it and then they roll the replacement cost into the purchase price after they quadruple it. My car did not come with a manual. So after your hostile "RTFM", which is of no help, what do you suggest? Do you have anything that is useful and helpful to contribute to the discussion? Or are you going to continue with the keyword warrior bullsh*t? People join these groups to learn more about their vehicles and how to service them. When we ask questions we don't expect other members to attack us over asking a question from behind the safety of their keyboard. If you can't be polite and helpful then don't comment at all.

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Sorry I hit too close to home but when you have been on this board as long as I have and see so many questions that can be found in the manual. So yes, when I see those posts (as yours) I will respond RTFM.

When you throw a rock over the fence, it's the hit dog that barks.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:53 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeGrady
Simmer down buttercup. It is easier to be polite and courteous than it is to be a "tool box". RTFM? Seriously? How do you know that the car wasn't purchased used with a missing manual? Not a single used car dealer here in Maine will replace missing manuals. Heck, they won't replace missing spare tires or jacks unless the customer requests it and then they roll the replacement cost into the purchase price after they quadruple it. My car did not come with a manual. So after your hostile "RTFM", which is of no help, what do you suggest? Do you have anything that is useful and helpful to contribute to the discussion? Or are you going to continue with the keyword warrior bullsh*t? People join these groups to learn more about their vehicles and how to service them. When we ask questions we don't expect other members to attack us over asking a question from behind the safety of their keyboard. If you can't be polite and helpful then don't comment at all.
That's a hell of a first post. By the way, the post you replied to is over six years old!

In any case, welcome aboard!
The following 2 users liked this post by Selym:
Birdie (06-17-2021), jpowersjr2 (06-17-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 04:55 PM
spoolin03
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
lol someone's mad
Old 01-06-2022, 01:45 PM
3santana01

Replaced key fob with 2nd one

Had same issue just replaced it with my second one going to put batteries later in it to check what it was
Old 03-25-2024, 12:08 PM
JaE35
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by adrianbf
Sorry to bring up an old thread but the intelligent key light has been on in my car for a while. I replaced the fob battery but it still stays blinking when I turn it on. For some reason it disappears when I put in in drive... any thoughts?
been having some thing..only shows up when in park. Figure it out?
Old 04-29-2024, 10:28 PM
Broken_2008_G37
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
mine is on because the antenna inside of the fob has broken. it is very common. i would need a new fob with a non broken antenna. until then i will have to stick my fob in the slot. meh
Old 05-03-2024, 12:17 PM
laxesandz

I figure I need to have my intelligent key reprogramed or may I need a new key.