Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
looking at getting a brand new Audi S4
Old 04-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 507 Likes on 436 Posts
Originally Posted by Eyeshield25
Why you mad the supposedly fail wheel drive equates the 'pinnacle lengedary' e46 m3 csl and faster than an awd lambo and a rwd z06 around the ring. That's pretty sad if you get beat by a ricey slushbox fail wheel drive civic.
The 'pinnacle legendary' E46 M3 was not the detuned automatic transmission CSL.

The Lambo is noted as having ABS issues.

The Z06 was a 2001 model. Congratulations on beating a 14 year old car/technology.

It's still fail wheel drive.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Eyeshield25

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
The 'pinnacle legendary' E46 M3 was not the detuned automatic transmission CSL.

The Lambo is noted as having ABS issues.

The Z06 was a 2001 model. Congratulations on beating a 14 year old car/technology.

It's still fail wheel drive.
And here come the excuses. Like Marty from Mcm says you can't judge if you haven't experience unicorn fart yet, and I'm sure for a fact that neither of us drove the car that hasn't even been in north american production so i'm just gonna go with it and call it fail wheel drive ricer slush box
Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Priest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To keep the luxury aspect, I have to refer back to Black Betty. I was looking between my G and the CTS-V Coupe. I just got a steal on mine so that's why I have the G. My next car is probably going to be the CTS-V, There is something about the lines that intrigues me.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
VIPER!!

Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Show off. He said no domestic cars

Nice car
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 PM
OhGwhiz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't know if you'd consider AWD but the Audi TT RS comes with a manual. Could pick up a used one?
Old 05-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Ali6767

Literally my friend I just went through the biggest car hunt imaginable Beginning December of last year.

I wanted a sporty RWD that I could have fun with.

I have test drove...lol..

2015 Mustang GT premium
2015 Dodge Charger and Challenger RT
2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 and 3.8
2014 Chrysler 300c and 300s
2014 Chevy Camaro SS
2011 Infiniti M37
2012 Audi S4
2013 BMW M3

M3 was too small and I I didn't like how it looked(I'm a tall and big guy)..and I have had an Audi A6 so I know what the repair costs are like @_@ so that was a no go.

Mustang was by far the clunkiest one I drove....I don't want to start anything with a mustang fan so I'll leave it at that Lol.

Dodge is big and powerful...but generic inside with horrible paint and a bad rep for unreliability. You look at a charger paint job compared to a G lol

Camaro great all around IMO I just couldn't get past the visibility issue...I'm big like I said and felt like it'd be unsafe for me personally.

I originally bought a 2012 Genesis...(the amount of things you get in the car for the price is fantastic and is a verg reliable car) payed 24k cash for it. Great car but defenitely not sporty. I liked it alot but wanted something more. However since my household needed a bigger vehicle this was okay. So I went back to searching.

I test drove the G and I was sold...coupe was huge even for me. Visbility great..and hey now I got a skyline lol. Will never own another car. Handling only comparable to the likes of the M3 or maybe a Porsche Lol (never driven one I just like my G)

I have a 2012 Genesis 3.8 and a 2002 Lexus SC430 as well. By far the G is the best.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:57 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by Snipres
The new mustangs are so nice
I agree! I never thought I'd buy a Mustang but I'm trading my G for a 2015 Mustang GT
Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 AM
jman09

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by honjgv
Whats your budget? What about an Audi S5?
my bro has an s5, the one with the v8 before Audi switched to the supercharged v6. its much tighter inside compared to my g37 coupe. if OP is a bigger guy, it may be too tight a fit is what i think. i love the sound of the v8 though...worth the price of admission.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Broken Arrow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea
If a four door sleeper floats your boat - the Chevy SS is a monster. V8 - 415 HP and 415 tourques. very few people have one and it certainly is a stand out. Oh and it's not American - it's Australian. Compares very well with the M5.
Aside from a C7, the Holden SS is the only non-truck GM worth owning, and both are available manual. The C7 in auto also has seamless cylinder deactivation.

Regarding the SS sedan as a worthy comparison to the M4, I must respectfully disagreee. I left GM in 2009. Quality control was the elephant in the house oh Holden when they were producing the GTO, and it is possibly still an ongoing concern with the SS. GM's connection to Holden will be forever severed in 2017. Even with the possible quality concerns, I would love to own a manual SS, rare as they are in the wild without auto slushbox.

I've been privileged to drive both cars, and nice as they each are in their own way, the M4 has more soul, much as any Beemer can have soul these days.

Personally, if I had to replace my 2010 X coupe, my first choice would be the Porsche Macan S. That vehicle has singlehandedly given Porshe thei best US sales month last month.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:08 PM
calebshill

As some of the other members said.....an S5 or S4 would be a good choice. Just find one with low miles.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by honjg
Whats your budget? What about an Audi S5?
Why does the same spambot post the same spam on the same threads every day? This site really needs to implement some better user authentication.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by urikorulzs2
well i say upgrade mainly because i cant imagine driving anything less powerful, fun, and affordable as the g. i dont want to shoot up so much, but just a slight bump in luxury sport.

i would like to have a back seat but not compulsory.

im still in my mid 20's so i dont think im at the level to afford a vett, or Porsche (also arent they super maintenance intensive). from my experience with friends with Audi's they seem to have problems too easily at higher miles.

budget wise, ill say about max should be within mid 30k to low 40k (keep in mind this is going to be used).

thanks for all the suggestions thus far.
Sounds like your budget is perfect for a CPO convertible G37! IMO the drop top (especially since it's a hard top drop top) adds much flavor to the car and fun when the weather is right. Might want to test drive one to see what the actual drop off of power and handling that's associated with the overall heaviness of the vert. Compared to the coupe (or sedan) I mean.
And your seating concerns aren't a problem in the vert. I fit my two boys with their giant car seats in the back all the time and they have plenty leg room. Trust me if my son can be comfortable with the angle his car seat forces his legs to lay (straight out btw) then an adult without a car seat can easily fit n chill back there. Man I can't wait till my boys are old enough to ditch those seats!! Anybody happen to know the regs for that??
Good luck with your search!

Last edited by Redfire32; 05-13-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
Sounds like your budget is perfect for a CPO convertible G37! IMO the drop top (especially since it's a hard top drop top) adds much flavor to the car and fun when the weather is right. Might want to test drive one to see what the actual drop off of power and handling that's associated with the overall heaviness of the vert. Compared to the coupe (or sedan) I mean.
And your seating concerns aren't a problem in the vert. I fit my two boys with their giant car seats in the back all the time and they have plenty leg room. Trust me if my son can be comfortable with the angle his car seat forces his legs to lay (straight out btw) then an adult without a car seat can easily fit n chill back there. Man I can't wait till my boys are old enough to ditch those seats!! Anybody happen to know the regs for that??
Good luck with your search!
As far as car seats, booster seats, etc goes .... it's by child weight. I'm sure you could google it to find out.

Quick Reply: upgrade from a g37s to ?