Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 11:18 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by blackfunk
No not at all. Infiniti seems to make large scale changes within a year of putting the car on the market. Not good if you're like me and tend to purchase your cars. If you lease it might not be a big deal.

Last three cars I purchased had only minor changes over the entire model life. Nothing related to the powertrain changes that Infiniti does.

Thx
Believe it or not, this engine should have been in the Q50 since its inception.

The G37 was a 7 year old design and the VQ should have been dumped in 2014.

When things are just not ready for production, theyre just not ready.

I guess now the twin turbos are ready.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:45 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Yeah I also heard that was the main issue with the bad reviews of the Q50, so they have had 2 years to work out the quirks in the system, so the Q60 should be greatly improved and intuitive! Noticed that they didn't list cooled seats on the new Q50 , hoping it was just missed and that it will be on the Q50 and Q60. Much needed here in the Texas heat,lol!
Agreed! Cooled seats would be nice in Texas. What part of the state are you in? Hopefully that was an oversight, but I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't offer that feature. Don't most other manufacturers in this segment offer cooled seats?

Originally Posted by blackfunk
Here's and example why you don't buy Infiniti's new tech - because they'll come out with significantly better tech in the new model year.
08 G35 Sedan -> 09 G37 - Upgraded engine and transmission
08 G37 Coupe -> 09 G37 - Upgraded transmission

15 Q50 Sedan -> 16 Q50 - New engine

Looks like its best to just wait a year or two lol
I would bet that for the 2017 model year, the Q50 gets a minor facelift. For '09 we got the new engine and transmission and in '10 we got the MMC for the G37 Sedan. I'm interested to see how they'll freshen the design for '17.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
Agreed! Cooled seats would be nice in Texas. What part of the state are you in? Hopefully that was an oversight, but I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't offer that feature. Don't most other manufacturers in this segment offer cooled seats?
they'd be nice in Pennsylvania, too! we also have hot summer days!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:06 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
I'm in Houston and I could pretty much use the cooled seats year round,lol. Yes, both domestic and foreign brands are offering cooled seats on their sport coupe models now! The Q70 has them, so I don't understand why they can't offer them on the new Q60. Still hoping that this will be an option, guess we are only a few weeks away from seeing the production version exterior/interior in pics/videos, and hopefully getting a list of options and specs!
Old 12-18-2015, 03:49 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I'm in Houston and I could pretty much use the cooled seats year round,lol. Yes, both domestic and foreign brands are offering cooled seats on their sport coupe models now! The Q70 has them, so I don't understand why they can't offer them on the new Q60. Still hoping that this will be an option, guess we are only a few weeks away from seeing the production version exterior/interior in pics/videos, and hopefully getting a list of options and specs!
The current Q60 Convertible has cooled seats.

They HAVE to bring the cooled seats to the new one.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:23 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
That would be nice in the summer...my black leather is a biotch! LoL
Old 12-18-2015, 04:42 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I have it in the M and they are nice, feels like you wet your pants sometimes :-) Another REAL nice feature for colder climates is the heated steering wheel. While the cooled seats work just OK, the heated steering wheel works outstanding!
Old 12-18-2015, 05:49 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
The current Q60 Convertible has cooled seats.

They HAVE to bring the cooled seats to the new one.
January should be interesting and will tell a lot. Hopefully it makes it to the Q60, and if it does, I wouldn't expect it for the Q50 until the '17 model year which should be the MMC.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
So much for doing anything other than oil changes on this engine in your garage. lol

Like the details though!
Old 12-23-2015, 12:39 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I like what I hear, but will believe it when I see it...in a year & a half. I just think they are behind and will be for a bit with the turbo engines. Trying to get out all the possible issues, and there will be some. The GTR had them, the 335 had em, Audi, etc. I mean I hope they get it perfect but I sincerely doubt it. Maybe 2018-19 will be the year of the Infiniti but right now their competitors have the upper hand. This is very exciting just wish this happened 2 years ago. I like the look of the coupe, not the sedan.

Things will be interesting in a few years.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:52 AM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
I like what I hear, but will believe it when I see it...in a year & a half. I just think they are behind and will be for a bit with the turbo engines. Trying to get out all the possible issues, and there will be some. The GTR had them, the 335 had em, Audi, etc. I mean I hope they get it perfect but I sincerely doubt it. Maybe 2018-19 will be the year of the Infiniti but right now their competitors have the upper hand. This is very exciting just wish this happened 2 years ago. I like the look of the coupe, not the sedan.

Things will be interesting in a few years.
I wish this happened over 8 years ago, that's when the Germans went all in with turbos. Also gives you an idea how far behind Japanese automakers are. I have some optimism with Infiniti though, they have experience with turbos in the GT-R.

What really kills me are the recent spy pics of the Q60. I thought the concept styling was aggressive, no nonsense, we're not F'n around anymore message from Infiniti. I'm in disbelief how watered down the the Q60 looked in the the spy pics compared to the concept. I'm reserving judgement until the NAIAS reveal in hopes that they may offer a package with more aggressive styling. I'm also worried about the length and weight of this car. If it's longer and heavier than the previous generation that's when I'll walk away. We'll see soon enough...
Old 12-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
I'm in disbelief how watered down the the Q60 looked in the the spy pics compared to the concept.

i'm in disbelief that you're in disbelief that a production car doesn't look like the concept car.

its pretty rare when they aren't massively watered down.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:41 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
I wish this happened over 8 years ago, that's when the Germans went all in with turbos. Also gives you an idea how far behind Japanese automakers are....

more than eight years ago.. the japanese were.. in the early 90s.. and I will use your term... all in
300ztt.. supratt.. and my beloved rx7tt.. you can go a few years back to hit the 80s.. rx7turbo.. mitsubishi starion..
there are others of course but these come to mind...

Last edited by micafd3s; 12-23-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:53 AM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
i'm in disbelief that you're in disbelief that a production car doesn't look like the concept car.

its pretty rare when they aren't massively watered down.
Well it has been pointed out here that the concept car was inspired by the final production car so I get his disbelief.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:35 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey sorry, I've looked but is the 400hp car confirmed 100%. I haven't been following this too much. I've googled it and just read a possible 400hp car, but looking back they also said the same about an eau rouge car that didn't happen.

If it's confirmed, what is the available date?

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit