Sponsored By:

Top speed pro1 axle back ETA 2/24/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 02:49 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Top speed pro1 axle back ETA 2/24/14 UPDATED

As the title says, I have a top speed axle back coming in this Monday. Stay tuned for experience from start to finish (ordering to install).

UPDATE: 2/27/2014

-Order the axle back on 2/20 for 269.99$ shipped. called directly and spoke with George, who personally handled my order, and made sure i got the one with the beveled tips. emailed me the tracking info within 2 hours of payment.
-received the package on 2/24 mid afternoon via UPS. comes nicely packed.
-pics of quality: good welds, solid feel, not that heavy, definitely a bonus for weight reduction over OEM exhaust.

-Installed 2/28. note that i started soaking the bolts w/ PB blaster on 2/25, once on2/26, and last on 2/27; 3 days prior to install. on 2/27 after a few mins i took a steel wired brush and brushed the threading of the bolts and around the nuts to get whatever rust/debris off. this helped alot bc my friend, whos a mechanic was able to initially turn 3 of the nuts with a ratchet wrench and some leverage. the 4th was being a PITA, so he took a torch and heated it up and it came off with little resistance after. an impact gun is your best friend during this install!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-we fitted the driverside first. after we attached it to the hangers and bolted it on properly by doing the left and right bolts a little at a time, we noticed the tip was touching the bumper. we corrected the "touching" by gently pulling down on the hanger arm thats attached to the car. (indicated by arrow)
-next was the passenger side, it went on and fit perfectly, with no "touching" issue.
-lastly we checked for leaks. none.
-drove for about 45mins to an hour, to break it in. it was that long only bc i got put into a trance by how deep and burrbly the exhaust note became. its definitely louder and yes there is drone; ONLY if your in a higher gear at low speed. but its nothing to be concerned about bc the exhaust is simply amazing. BEST bang for your buck.
-got home and inspected the fitment. the driver side still doesnt sit like the passenger, but it doesnt bother me. ill get to it next time im at the shop.

Last edited by EnYcee-G; 02-28-2014 at 08:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by EnYcee-G:
FriedLumpia (03-01-2014), gyukang2 (10-10-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 04:30 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
So you got the full exhaust or just the axle back? Couldn't tell title states axle back but description says exhaust. Could you let me know where the item shipped out of? I know top speed is local to me in Addison/Dallas, TX I"m curious if they ship out of here.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have the same one... sounds great!
it gives the exhaust a nice deep growl and isn't too loud in the front seats. People in my back seat complain though
The following users liked this post:
EnYcee-G (02-23-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
So you got the full exhaust or just the axle back? Couldn't tell title states axle back but description says exhaust. Could you let me know where the item shipped out of? I know top speed is local to me in Addison/Dallas, TX I"m curious if they ship out of here.
Sorry for the confusion... I will edit that. It's just the axle back I'm getting. And yes it's shipping from Dallas Texas. I called them directly instead of "buying it now" from ebay and leaving a note to the seller saying: send me the one with the beveled tips". I felt more comfy speaking to a live person and hearing confirmation. George handled my order the whole way and he personally picked out the beveled tipped axle backs and hande it to the shipping guys to be mailed to me. Super nice guy. Super fast shipping to NYC too. Order it early Friday morning and ETA is Monday before days end.

And according to video research and testimonies from our fellow G members I won't be disappointed in the product and it's sound.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Domate
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the sound, I can assure you that. I love the way mine sounds with my Injen long tubed intakes. The only issue I experienced was with fitment, one of the tips being higher than the other. Easily fixed with some patience.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:36 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Updated! Please feel free to ask questions. next update im going to order and install a FI RHFC.

269$ shipped cant sound anymore better than this TOP SPEED AXLE BACK <3. you wont be disappointed.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Nice update. Now it's time to get her cleaned up.

My OCD would have kicked in before the car went down on the lift. How come you didn't fix it from the get go?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Nice update. Now it's time to get her cleaned up.

My OCD would have kicked in before the car went down on the lift. How come you didn't fix it from the get go?
i was too excited to double check and wanted to hit the road asap and make heads turn. haha

indeed a wash is in need, BUT we are expected to get 6-8 inches of snow monday. FAIL
Old 03-01-2014, 08:50 PM
FriedLumpia

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Great write-up and excellent pictures, especially with your car on the lift. Nice micrometer too Thanks!

Could you elaborate on the drone at low gear and high speed? As in what kind of revs do you notice it?
The following users liked this post:
EnYcee-G (03-01-2014)
Old 03-01-2014, 11:06 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FriedLumpia
Great write-up and excellent pictures, especially with your car on the lift. Nice micrometer too Thanks!

Could you elaborate on the drone at low gear and high speed? As in what kind of revs do you notice it?
Thanks for the comment.

As for the drone at low gear/high speed there is none. At higher speed the exhaust note is a fine deep pur.

At high gear/low speed you can usually here some drone around the 1.5-2k rev range. But I've put around 200 miles on the exhuast now and don't come across anymore drone, even at those rev ranges.

Don't let drone scare you away from this exhaust. I don't notice drone anymore probably bc I broke it in.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:44 PM
FriedLumpia

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EnYcee-G
Thanks for the comment.

As for the drone at low gear/high speed there is none. At higher speed the exhaust note is a fine deep pur.

At high gear/low speed you can usually here some drone around the 1.5-2k rev range. But I've put around 200 miles on the exhuast now and don't come across anymore drone, even at those rev ranges.

Don't let drone scare you away from this exhaust. I don't notice drone anymore probably bc I broke it in.
Thanks EnYcee ... I meant to ask high gear / low speed so kudos for figuring me out Looks like this exhaust is on my to-do list. I'd like the G to be slightly more pronounced than stock at "normal" throttle levels and driving, but to really open up at WOT. All the vids I've seen answer the latter question so it's good to know your experience on the drone (or lack thereof) and the purr...
Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
My dad has these on his G and the drone is kind of obnoxious to me.

It's definitely an aggressive sound though. Everyone wants to race him when he has them on. For the past couple years he's just had them on in the summer, and puts the stock muffler back on for the rest of the year
Old 03-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Dude I got the same exact exhaust off Ebay for $190 shipped. Mine looks just as good. They are straight through mufflers (if you can call them mufflers) so they do produce quite a bit more sound.
Attached Thumbnails Top speed pro1 axle back ETA 2/24/14-img_2765.jpg   Top speed pro1 axle back ETA 2/24/14-dsc00411.jpg  
Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Amazing and accurate install , i have a few questions :

1. Could you provide a link as to where i could purchase this from ?
2. Whats the material its made out of and does it rust from winter and salt ?
3. Is this street legal ?, if a cop pulled me over and shoved a stick in it would it pass ?

Thank You
Old 03-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Amazing and accurate install , i have a few questions :

1. Could you provide a link as to where i could purchase this from ?
2. Whats the material its made out of and does it rust from winter and salt ?
3. Is this street legal ?, if a cop pulled me over and shoved a stick in it would it pass ?

Thank You

Quick Reply: Top speed pro1 axle back ETA 2/24/14