MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   2013 G37x - Service Engine Soon (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/242526-2013-g37x-service-engine-soon.html)

JaySin 12-13-2012 12:20 PM

2013 G37x - Service Engine Soon (not the usual code)

I have a 2013 G37x with 1600 miles on the ODO...got it two months ago.
About 1-2 minutes after merging onto the highway yesterday my 'service engine soon' light came on. Everything seemed OK. I drove it all the way home with no issues. I tried the whole gas cap thing...checked the fluids, caps, etc...nothing noticeable. Today I brought it in to the dealer and they came up with a 'transmission fluid temperature sensor' code. Apparently this has happened to a handful of newer models already at my dealer. They tell me it's nothing to worry about and that the sensors are too sensitive and that Infiniti is aware of the issue and is investigating. I suppose a TSB/recall will be issued if a growing number of these cases occurs.

This is just meant to be an FYI.

Edit: The code is P0710

eksigned 12-13-2012 09:27 PM

Interesting. I had no idea that transmission temperature sensor to begin with. If only we could get that information to show on our nav screens or something.

Keep us posted! Did they fix the issue?

JaySin 12-14-2012 08:15 AM

If you consider clearing the code and basically telling me 'don't worry about it' fixing it, then yes, they fixed it. They told me the code may or may not come back. I'm guessing if it happens enough Infiniti will either issue a replacement recall or reprogram modification if possible on that sensor. So, considering I have a full warranty...I'm NOT going to worry about it and will continue to drive it the way I want to. Apparently a car's price point shows no prejudice.

JaySin 01-08-2013 09:50 AM

My 'service engine soon' light is back on again. It hasn't even been a month since the last time. This time it happened when I was manually shifting it and I was NOT driving hard at all. I don't think it even hit 5K RPM. It drives fine...no negative symptoms at all. This is irritating on such an expensive car. I'm starting to know how it feels to drive a German car with electrical demons without actually owning one. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

2008G-Man 01-08-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by JaySin (Post 3570882)
My 'service engine soon' light is back on again. It hasn't even been a month since the last time. This time it happened when I was manually shifting it and I was NOT driving hard at all. I don't think it even hit 5K RPM. It drives fine...no negative symptoms at all. This is irritating on such an expensive car. I'm starting to know how it feels to drive a German car with electrical demons without actually owning one. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Go back to your dealership, speak with the service mgr (be nice) and tell them you will not accept a "reset and see what happens" answer. If he is receptive fine, if not, walk away and ask to speak with the sales manager and/or GM. Inform them of the situation and inform them that the service department is part of the buying process and based on this experience you will never buy from them again and recommend to others they don't.

At this point see what happens, my guess is they will pull everyone together and resolve it. I had to do this with a Sienna van we bought in 1998, top of the line with all the options (at the time). Basically service mgr was giving me the run around.... I sat in my car in the lot and said no way, I'm not accepting this. I went back in and did what I mentioned above (be nice but firm) .... they kissed my a$$.

jarvo 01-08-2013 01:27 PM

That is unacceptable for a 2013 to be pulling codes with 2k on the ODO.

I would absolutely goto the dealer and request a replaced sensor with proof of the install.

JaySin 01-08-2013 02:42 PM

I went to the dealership...talked to the manager...adult-like...and am now the proud owner of a brand new Porsche 911 Turbo S. Just kidding. Anyway...they cleared the code and sent me on my way...AGAIN. However, they were courteous and documented everything and told me they had a few others documented. Infiniti is currently researching this on the M series of cars. He basically told me they can't FIX anything without an actual FIX suggested by Infiniti. He says it will most likely be a reprogramming that's issued...eventually. *sigh* Oh well. *mumbling...'shoulda kept my WRX'* No, seriously...I love my car, but first (first infiniti ever) impressions are HUGE.

JSolo 01-08-2013 02:49 PM

If it's the same code, sounds like a bad trans temp sensor. Make them diag it properly and do what needs to be done to fix it. Unacceptable to leave the customer with a wait and see response.

JMS2000 01-08-2013 05:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, especially considering how new your car is. I had major recurring engine problems with my 2011 X coupe after less than year of ownership, so I feel your pain. I remember saying to myself, "should've kept the S2000"... I hope it turns out well for you.

You said the dealership saw the same problem in a few other newer model cars. Do you know if the problem occurred in any cars with manual transmissions as well? I have a 2013 and I'm concerned about reliability now... Thanks.

JaySin 01-09-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jms (Post 3571093)
Sorry to hear about your troubles, especially considering how new your car is. I had major recurring engine problems with my 2011 X coupe after less than year of ownership, so I feel your pain. I remember saying to myself, "should've kept the S2000"... I hope it turns out well for you.

You said the dealership saw the same problem in a few other newer model cars. Do you know if the problem occurred in any cars with manual transmissions as well? I have a 2013 and I'm concerned about reliability now... Thanks.

So you had a 2011 with issues and now you have a 2013? I don't know anything other than exactly what I stated. They didn't give me much information and basically just reinforced that it's up to Infiniti as to how the dealerships will handle it until there's an actual acknowledgment from Infinti with a fix. They had 3 or 4 others with G37 models with the same issue, however I don't know the exact models. Then they stated Infiniti is currently investigating the issue with the M models. I assume with the same 3.7 motor. How this translates or will translate to the G37 'fix'...I don't know. As long as it's just an annoyance and not an actual problem and it doesn't leave me stranded...I'll live it for a little while. If it continues long-term...I will look for other more drastic solutions.

obgbinob 01-09-2013 12:47 PM

Had the service engine soon light on my 08 G37S with 15K miles (I bought it new). Took it to the dealer immediately. They literally had it for a month before they figured out what as wrong - in this case a bad oxygen senor. They gave me a loaner for the month and provided oil & filter, air filter change and balanced and rotated the tires at no charge. Did have that problem again - that's the good news.

The bad news is that working with the dealer and Infiniti was VERY frustrating. I called at least once a week for status on the repair and got no or mis-information. Infiniti customer service was useless. It is very frustrating to pay that kind of money for vehicle, have a problem, and receive poor service.

Stay patient and remain calm. Eventually Infiniti will fix the issue.

PS - I just traded the G on a 2013 Porsche 911 C2. It will be interesting to see if Porsche service is any better. The best customer service I've ever had was from Lexus. But my Lexus never had a problem.

JaySin 01-09-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by obgbinob (Post 3571427)
PS - I just traded the G on a 2013 Porsche 911 C2. It will be interesting to see if Porsche service is any better. The best customer service I've ever had was from Lexus. But my Lexus never had a problem.

Holy crap...talk about an upgrade! Nice. *jealous* I need a raise.
Anyway...I'll remain calm as long as they treat me well and I don't get stranded.
I will keep this thread updated as things progress and definitely each and every time I get my nice little SES light.

2008G-Man 01-09-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by obgbinob (Post 3571427)

My guess is you will need to use the Porsche service way more than Infiniti. Nice ride though .....

JaySin 01-09-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man (Post 3571612)
My guess is you will need to use the Porsche service way more than Infiniti. Nice ride though .....

I'm pretty sure I've seen Porsche at the top of a reliability/quality report very recently. Either way if I had the means I'd take a chance.

ko3r 01-10-2013 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man (Post 3571612)

ahahahaha!! lol. But if he has that kind of money he can do whateverr hah. Personally, I would have went with a M3 though!