MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   2013 G37x - Service Engine Soon (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/242526-2013-g37x-service-engine-soon.html)

JMS2000 01-10-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by JaySin (Post 3571414)
So you had a 2011 with issues and now you have a 2013? I don't know anything other than exactly what I stated. They didn't give me much information and basically just reinforced that it's up to Infiniti as to how the dealerships will handle it until there's an actual acknowledgment from Infinti with a fix. They had 3 or 4 others with G37 models with the same issue, however I don't know the exact models. Then they stated Infiniti is currently investigating the issue with the M models. I assume with the same 3.7 motor. How this translates or will translate to the G37 'fix'...I don't know. As long as it's just an annoyance and not an actual problem and it doesn't leave me stranded...I'll live it for a little while. If it continues long-term...I will look for other more drastic solutions.

Yeah, the engine had massive oil consumption issues. Long story short is the entire engine was eventually replaced under warranty after several trips to the dealership. I accepted the repairs, then I worked out a deal and traded up for a new car.

Originally Posted by ko3r (Post 3571778)
ahahahaha!! lol. But if he has that kind of money he can do whateverr hah. Personally, I would have went with a M3 though!

Ditto. I like my new car, but if it fails me then I might go with the M3. I briefly considered the 335is with M sport package instead of the IPL, but the old high-pressure fuel pump issue turned me away. Plus it cost a lot more... :icon30:

HeelsMJ 01-18-2013 02:45 PM

I had just had the exact same thing happen to my 2013 coupe 1200 miles and they told me it was the Transmission temperature also. They said there is no fix and it will probably come back on until Infiniti releases a software update as a recall.

JaySin 01-18-2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by HeelsMJ (Post 3576257)
I had just had the exact same thing happen to my 2013 coupe 1200 miles and they told me it was the Transmission temperature also. They said there is no fix and it will probably come back on until Infiniti releases a software update as a recall.

Just make sure you let them know EVERY TIME it happens. I think the more cases, the better chance we have of a fix sometime soon.

Let me ask you this...were you manually shifting at the time, or have it in DS mode or just plain automatic mode? Also, were you driving it hard at all? I'm just trying to find a pattern.

JaySin 02-04-2013 09:21 AM

It happened again! Just over 3K miles on it now...came on while sitting in traffic...barely even moving. I had it in DS mode, but I wasn't doing anything unusual or harsh. This is ridiculous. I guess my next mod will be a piece of black electrical tape, custom cut to fit of course, placed over the 'service engine soon' light. :dunno:

Edit: (This is the 3rd time now)

JaySin 03-04-2013 01:36 PM

FYI - Infiniti issued a fix for this on Friday. You can bring your (most likely) 2013 Infiniti to the dealer for a free software update to correct this. We'll see. I'll post again if it comes back.

MyG37xS 03-04-2013 05:19 PM

It happened to me also. It goes away

JaySin 03-05-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by MyG37xS (Post 3596190)
It happened to me also. It goes away

Mine never went away. It came back three times. I got it cleared twice. The third time I left it on for a month. It never went away. I drive it every day 24-30 miles approx. Anyway they claim a new software update released last Friday will fix it permanently so time will tell.

MyG37xS 03-05-2013 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JaySin (Post 3596480)
Mine never went away. It came back three times. I got it cleared twice. The third time I left it on for a month. It never went away. I drive it every day 24-30 miles approx. Anyway they claim a new software update released last Friday will fix it permanently so time will tell.

It's so funny how I had the same problem. I went to the dealer after it was over 1 month on the dash and they removed it and came right back on. It eventually just stopped on its own. Hopefully it goes away on its own.

davison0976 04-06-2013 02:25 AM

Just got my SES today on 2013 G37xS at 2826 miles on ODO. Will be taking it to dealership service dept tomorrow unless it goes away on it's own by noon. Have driven the car 3 times today since the light came on. The fuel cap was tight. Refueled 2 days ago, so if it was a cap it would had come up earlier, I think.

Update: Was caused by air flow sensor on exhaust, which precedes O2 sensor. The sensor in question operates fine. Dealer did software update which was issued by Infiniti earlier. Updated software has slightly wider normal operations parameters range.

whitelines 05-03-2013 05:19 PM

I too have just purchased a 2013 xs coupe that had "service engine" light. They just told me it was "something" with tranny not to worry. I didn't pay anything so I took it and left. Car only had 7k on it and now has 10k and hasn't happened again.

IMTASE 05-04-2013 07:31 PM

There is a reprogram for this transmission DTC. Prior to this the fix was to just clear it until the update was available.

bikerbeng 09-02-2013 07:51 AM

Just got hit by this error code on my 2013 x with 9900 miles. Took the car right to the dealer and they flashed with the new update. Hopefully this error is gone for good...

davison0976 09-02-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by bikerbeng (Post 3673564)
Just got hit by this error code on my 2013 x with 9900 miles. Took the car right to the dealer and they flashed with the new update. Hopefully this error is gone for good...

Has been 5K miles since I had the issue and same update was performed, and there have been no problems.

misc 08-20-2015 12:30 PM

this just popped up on my '13 with 21k....so there is a software update the dealer can run and remedy the problem?

JaySin 08-20-2015 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by misc (Post 3942169)
this just popped up on my '13 with 21k....so there is a software update the dealer can run and remedy the problem?

I brought mine to the dealer and they did an ECU flash I guess and it went away...never came back. Either way...you're under warranty...simple fix. It has something to do with a sensor reading outside its parameters. it's been so long I don't remember.