Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AIT or Aero kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I've gone boldly on record before with my disdain for using Plastidip in place of paint or powdercoat as a cosmetic "enhancement". There are a few exceptions that are OK IMO, but very few. Generally it looks ugly, tacky, cheap, and like a nice car was modded by a teenager on a shoestring budget. For all I know you may be a teenager on a shoestring budget who has a G37, I don't know. That's just my opinion. As far as the AIT, besides being a knockoff of my beloved Top Secret Aero kit, it doesn't fit well unless you spend significant money rebuilding it to make it fit. So it's not just a knockoff, but a very poor quality one. I have also gone on record that I absolutely hate knockoffs. They make the baby Jesus cry. Again, just my opinion. Most here will disagree with me.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:43 PM
joshk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I've gone boldly on record before with my disdain for using Plastidip in place of paint or powdercoat as a cosmetic "enhancement". There are a few exceptions that are OK IMO, but very few. Generally it looks ugly, tacky, cheap, and like a nice car was modded by a teenager on a shoestring budget. For all I know you may be a teenager on a shoestring budget who has a G37, I don't know. That's just my opinion. As far as the AIT, besides being a knockoff of my beloved Top Secret Aero kit, it doesn't fit well unless you spend significant money rebuilding it to make it fit. So it's not just a knockoff, but a very poor quality one. I have also gone on record that I absolutely hate knockoffs. They make the baby Jesus cry. Again, just my opinion. Most here will disagree with me.
I didnt even know the AIT was a knock off version of the top secrete aero kit. I just knew the top secrete one does not ship to the US anymore
Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by joshk
I didnt even know the AIT was a knock off version of the top secrete aero kit. I just knew the top secrete one does not ship to the US anymore
Understandable. Knockoffs are so prevalent and so accepted by most that many don't even know that they are knockoffs or what quality body parts actually look and feel and fit like. And yes, it is tragic that Top Secret Aero parts for the G37 aren't really available anymore. But even if it were, let's face it - most people are unable or unwilling to pay what it costs. Bad for enthusiasts in general, good for those few that have the real deal because it makes them more special.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Seeing as you have used Plastidip on your wheels, grille, and emblems, the AIT kit would look and feel right at home on your car. Go for it.

I agree with BB. I am never ever ever going to P Dip my grill or anything on my car ever again. Bought a case of kh2 spray paint, some sand paper, clear coat and just spray painted my grill and emblems and LOOK WAY better then PDIP.

The only thing I have P Dipped in my car is the Rear emblems cause it would be stupid to take off the infiniti emblems and try to re-glue it on there. But then again my emblems are going to go away this weekend.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 PM
joshk

Originally Posted by DashKid
I agree with BB. I am never ever ever going to P Dip my grill or anything on my car ever again. Bought a case of kh2 spray paint, some sand paper, clear coat and just spray painted my grill and emblems and LOOK WAY better then PDIP.

The only thing I have P Dipped in my car is the Rear emblems cause it would be stupid to take off the infiniti emblems and try to re-glue it on there. But then again my emblems are going to go away this weekend.
says the guy that wants to join the dark side and called the g POS. lol jk. no but seriously
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by joshk
says the guy that wants to join the dark side and called the g POS. lol jk. no but seriously

Well can't blame me. The dark side has much better options at this point then our G and can go zoom zoom faster then our G. .
Old 08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
joshk

if i were to install fog lights is it only DTR? or could i make it so i can turn it on and off freely like my headlights? Im sure it got covered but since were on this topic give me a freebie