G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

First Mod done!! Lovin' it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Cgarcia581

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the same plastic dip thing to my g . Look at my album you will see I plastidipped the grill too ! A local shop wanted 350 to black out everything . Then I heard about plastidip and bought it for 5.99 at home depot !! Looks nice bro !
Old 07-03-2012, 12:22 AM
KDawg.G37S

Soolman - thats a sick ride bro. how did you paint the valence? with plasti-dip or something else? thats definitely something i want to do

RDDLINE - thanks brother i couldnt be happier with it (cept when all my mods are done hehe) i will look into the H&R, only thing is if i get H&R id need a front and back camber kit no?

Ayarj - thats what im thinkin too man, i dont want to take it all off and have to deal with hassle of puttin something back on later. think ill go with your suggestion and take it off slowly and im definitely going to smoke my lights. would you guys go with a cover or just straight paint em with some light paint that i can get off with graffiti remover?

Jesse550 - thanks man im looking into it right after this response, appreciate the pm too, i definitely like that semi-glossy look

Bluebert - thanks brother, they take care of you there huh? good people at that dealership, walters a boss haha. thats a sick lookin G too man, congrats on that. what did you use for smoking your lights?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:07 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I had a rear diffuser but I took it off since that picture and painted that area Obsidian black. Here's a current picture of my rear showing the painted valence

Name:  Enhanced.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  63.5 KB
Old 07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
KDawg.G37S

Cgarcia - thanks man! yours is lookin sick as well. i'm definitely doin my grille this weekend probably

Soolman did you take it to a shop to get it painted? and how much was it? im really likin that mod
Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 AM
BlueBert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took it to a place in Irvine and had them painted the tail lights with a light smoke. Its actually darker in person than the pic
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 AM
used2xb
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great looking car, OP. Personally, I agree with debadging the "INFINITI." I think the lip spoiler looks kind of neat though. One thing I do like about the non-black G's is you can through in the contrasting valence or a rear diffuser.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
pauly

that dipped spoiler adds a nice touch! this is my first time seeing that
Old 07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
KDawg.G37S

Originally Posted by BlueBert
I took it to a place in Irvine and had them painted the tail lights with a light smoke. Its actually darker in person than the pic
Where in Irvine? I work in Irvine 5 minutes from the Spectrum, also what was the price?

Originally Posted by used2xb
Great looking car, OP. Personally, I agree with debadging the "INFINITI." I think the lip spoiler looks kind of neat though. One thing I do like about the non-black G's is you can through in the contrasting valence or a rear diffuser.
Thanks used, i agree, my plan is to get the valence painted like soolman did in that pic above, although i like a semi-gloss instead of full gloss, and then do my grille black as well

Originally Posted by pauly
that dipped spoiler adds a nice touch! this is my first time seeing that
Thanks pauly appreciate it! I was in the middle of doing the emblems and i thought i might as well try doin the spoiler as well while my car is already tarped, turned out nice imo
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM
CRIDDA

I agree with soolman. Paint the valence, smoke the tails, and then see how you like it before you remove the emblems. Any pics from the side. Maybe you could powder coat the rims black and leave a polished lip
Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
BlueBert

I got my wheels at a place called Wheel and Tire Connection on Rockfield and Bake (real close to the spectrum) and as they were changing my wheels, sent my grill, spoiler, and emblem off to one of their "people" to get it painted. In total, it cost about $500-600 including the smoke tails. Not sure of total since he gave me a deal with the wheels.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
girlyboostdlude

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Very clean... nice look with the white
Old 07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Originally Posted by KDawg.G37S
RDDLINE - thanks brother i couldnt be happier with it (cept when all my mods are done hehe) i will look into the H&R, only thing is if i get H&R id need a front and back camber kit no?
Not necessarily. It all depends on what kind of wear you want to put your tires through. If you want to wear through them normally, then you will need a camber kit with an H&R drop. If you dont mind negative camber and going through tires a bit more frequently, then you dont need to spend any extra money on a camber kit.

You just have to weigh the benefit of your tires lasting longer, but spending money on a F&R camber kit + install vs. replacing tires more frequently.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
KDawg.G37S

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
I agree with soolman. Paint the valence, smoke the tails, and then see how you like it before you remove the emblems. Any pics from the side. Maybe you could powder coat the rims black and leave a polished lip
This is a fair plan, im painting the valence when i get home from work today

Originally Posted by BlueBert
I got my wheels at a place called Wheel and Tire Connection on Rockfield and Bake (real close to the spectrum) and as they were changing my wheels, sent my grill, spoiler, and emblem off to one of their "people" to get it painted. In total, it cost about $500-600 including the smoke tails. Not sure of total since he gave me a deal with the wheels.
Know exactly where that is, thanks man. gonna give em a call later today

Originally Posted by girlyboostdlude
Very clean... nice look with the white
Thanks very much im definitely happy with the white i decided to get. there was a black and the graphite there as well that looked just as good, but im happy with this

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Not necessarily. It all depends on what kind of wear you want to put your tires through. If you want to wear through them normally, then you will need a camber kit with an H&R drop. If you dont mind negative camber and going through tires a bit more frequently, then you dont need to spend any extra money on a camber kit.

You just have to weigh the benefit of your tires lasting longer, but spending money on a F&R camber kit + install vs. replacing tires more frequently.
Ah i see, thanks for the information man, im looking into the H&R now, just decided if i want to go that low right now as my driveway might pose a problem with that drop haha.

Off topic, but do you know how i would tell if spacers would work on my car, ive got 20" MHT forged montage editions, is there a formula to use? or is it just something i try and hope for the best

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions guys
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM
KDawg.G37S

Couple new mods done now.. shes comin together

Plasti dipped grille

Attached Thumbnails First Mod done!! Lovin' it!-100media_imag0132.jpg  

Last edited by KDawg.G37S; 07-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:08 PM
KDawg.G37S

Debadged INFINITI
Attached Thumbnails First Mod done!! Lovin' it!-100media_imag0131.jpg  

Quick Reply: First Mod done!! Lovin' it!