G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?

Just wondering, what do you guys think I should get next, a drop or tints? The only reason I'm asking is I'm a bit weary on getting tints in New York since the limit is "70%" here but I'm worried about leather damage since the car is outdoor kept and it's been VERY hot here lately.

Finally got the bottom grille removed (bumper mesh overlay) and it smelled like CRAP when it was removed (came with the car). Also thinking about a rear valence overlay but I might just hold off on that and get the Autokits-X diffuser.

Grille in pic is courtesty of Topher9425, grabbed it at a great deal but the emblem cost $50 from infiniti -_-

UPDATE: Added glossifier to my wheels today, they are now GLOSSY BLACk. It's still plasti dip.

Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?-2wdnx.jpg

Old:

Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?-mzaal.jpg

Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?-l7d6x.jpg

Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?-lrilj.jpg

Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?-nu00o.jpg

Last edited by jesse550; 06-28-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Spend a couple hundred and get some springs if your only going for a mild drop. Check the Classifieds, and do your research before you jump on the band wagon......Eibachs are descent, and H&R's are the lowest.

And glad you like the grill......anything was better then the previous set up you were rocking! lol
Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
jesse550

Originally Posted by Topher9425
Spend a couple hundred and get some springs if your only going for a mild drop. Check the Classifieds, and do your research before you jump on the band wagon......Eibachs are descent, and H&R's are the lowest.

And glad you like the grill......anything was better then the previous set up you were rocking! lol
Haha yeah I LOVE the grille but I can't help but feel like I got robbed by infiniti for a $50 emblem , that thing was hideous and I am surprised, it weighs at least 3 times as much as the OEM :O! I'd put it up for sale but I highly doubt anyone would want it, heck even if it was free I wouldn't take it!

I'm definitely looking for a mild drop, I heard some people scrape on eibachs?! Thinking about swift springs if eibachs are going to scrape in these crappy NY streets. Do you know how much of a difference there is between the two? I like the rear drop on eibachs but from the pictures I've seen it looks like the front drop is a bit too much for my taste.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
criledo
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would definitely do the tint ASAP. It's not the heat that does the damage, it's the UV rays. You can't do anything about the windshield but the rear window especially is really horizontal, you can keep a lot of the rays out. 70% will block a tremendous amount. I drive back home driving East and my left arm was frying every time. I got the least tint possible as I don't like to drive at night with totally dark windows and the difference is amazing.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:37 AM
jesse550

Originally Posted by criledo
I would definitely do the tint ASAP. It's not the heat that does the damage, it's the UV rays. You can't do anything about the windshield but the rear window especially is really horizontal, you can keep a lot of the rays out. 70% will block a tremendous amount. I drive back home driving East and my left arm was frying every time. I got the least tint possible as I don't like to drive at night with totally dark windows and the difference is amazing.
Thanks, looks like that might just be my next mod. I personally don't think 70 is worth the money that the closest reputable shop near me charges so if I do go in, the lightest I would get is 50%.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 AM
YewWanSum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tints w/o a doubt and any cop who can tell the diff b/w 70 and 50 should be a fighter pilot with that kind of vision
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I would get a spoiler, then tints.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't even pick up the car with out tints first mod I did.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks much better. But why did the old lower grille "smell like CRAP"?...lol. Dead animal?

I think the swift springs are a lower drop than the Eibachs though.

I say plasti dip the windows AND get a drop.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:46 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Tints for sure. Aesthetic + protection. Drops and other mods are nice but protecting your investment should always be first priority. When I got my G I had scheduled my tint the very next day.

@Kidcane: nah Swifts are the least. They only drop 3/4" all around. Eibachs drop 1.2" in the front and .8" in the back.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
jesse550

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Looks much better. But why did the old lower grille "smell like CRAP"?...lol. Dead animal?

I think the swift springs are a lower drop than the Eibachs though.

I say plasti dip the windows AND get a drop.
Well it literally smelled like poo, no idea where the hell the previous owner drove this car or it might have been the cats that like to play around near my car.

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
I would get a spoiler, then tints.
Not really too appealing to me atm. Never really liked spoilers, I'd get rid of the little lip too if it didn't have a backup camera. Spoiler is on my list but all the way at the bottom.

Originally Posted by YewWanSum
tints w/o a doubt and any cop who can tell the diff b/w 70 and 50 should be a fighter pilot with that kind of vision
Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
I wouldn't even pick up the car with out tints first mod I did.
Originally Posted by hinomura
Tints for sure. Aesthetic + protection. Drops and other mods are nice but protecting your investment should always be first priority. When I got my G I had scheduled my tint the very next day.

Tints it is!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Eibach is what you need....

And LMFBO @ "I say plasti dip the windows AND get a drop."

Sorry, it was too funny to not quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I'd lower it first. You live in NY, so while it will get hot during the summer, it won't be SCORCHING hot. Leaving your windows untinted won't cause any extra wear or damage. Until I moved to Florida, I never had the windows tinted on any of my other cars and I never had a problem with sun damage. Besides, you can always tint them at a later time. Lowering your car will make it look SOOOOO much better. If you go with a mild drop like the Eibach pro-kit you'll get rid of that terrible wheel gap and improve handling without sacrificing ride quality and comfort.

BTW...thank god you got rid of the lower grill! lol
Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
"I say plasti dip the windows AND get a drop."

Wouldn't that make it hard to see?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Jesse. man. I'm so glad your car looks decent now and you are definitely moving in the right direction. For me, tinting was the first mod. It looks better and keeps the glare out when driving. 50% or less is not worth it. I would go with at minimum 50%. If you're feeling like a rebel, I would go with 35%.

Springs or coilovers would be my next mod. Getting rid of the wheel gap will totally transform your car. Following that would be getting a set of wheels, or if you want to keep your OEM wheels, getting spacers for them. I know you have plastidip running through your veins but please please please refrain from plasitdipping anything else. For the love of GOD do not plastidip anything else.

Quick Reply: Bottom grille removed, tints or a drop next?