Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How do I know if the car has 4WAS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Simon_TheGreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trininav
It's just a car pat... It had the key things I wanted.. S, 6mt, navi, low miles, local and black interior..white exterior, clean carfax and maintained. They other options weren't deal breakers.
True. I only cared about the things I wanted.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
I think it's all relative Dr. P.

For example, i thought i knew everything i could about this car prior to purchasing but at the end of the day and when all was said and done, the dealership could not tell me anything by looking at the VIN (go figure) and all i had to go by were the photos Carmax in MD shot for me (i'm in TX). I paid for it to be transferred here anyway as it had most of everything else i wanted.

And even then, it wasn't until folks started posting that i found a few other things about the car... like the hidden compartment in the back seats, the secret menu on the screen, AGC *as well as* the damages done to the car that neither Carmax, Carfax nor Autocheck showed.
What hidden compartment? :0
Old 06-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
When you start the car up a 4was light should lit up if it's there
Isn't it real easy to check for the 4was light on your dashboard with all the other warning lights? Why is everyone suggesting to look for the servo under the car?
Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Because people would be more relieved seeing a mechanical device rather than a light on the dash lol
Old 06-02-2012, 01:37 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
Isn't it real easy to check for the 4was light on your dashboard with all the other warning lights? Why is everyone suggesting to look for the servo under the car?
IIRC, it will only light up when active, similar to traction control. If true, then it's easier to look under the car for verification. My car has the indicator on the gauges, it just doesn't light up because the car is not equipped.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
IIRC, it will only light up when active, similar to traction control. If true, then it's easier to look under the car for verification. My car has the indicator on the gauges, it just doesn't light up because the car is not equipped.
incorrect, it will light up when it FAIL's. It happened to me a few times in the rain or taking a tight u-turn at a slow speed.

did you check yet? it takes 2 seconds!!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 PM
soundmike

So you're saying 4WAS is lit up the entire time until it fails?

Either way, looking at the dash takes just as long as looking under the car. Either way works and it solves the OP's question.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

So you're saying 4WAS is lit up the entire time until it fails?
no, its only lights up when it has failed, like a check engine light..
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM
soundmike

Originally Posted by Goonz
no, its only lights up when it has failed, like a check engine light..
So how does one check in two seconds if they have it then, unless it fails? and why does yours fail intermittently?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

So how does one check in two seconds if they have it then, unless it fails? and why does yours fail intermittently?
your rear axle should have this mechanical thingy attached to it like in the in the pic below of my previous coupe..that takes 2 seconds to check

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 5847
Size:  275.0 KB
Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

All the idiot lights light up then turn off when you start your car.............
Old 06-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Oh and as far as car, I reserch the crap out of cars before I buy them but I always find out more on forums and reading through the owners manuals no matter how well I thought I knew a car. No matter how well you think you know the car you bought you will not know everything about it. Some people may never know half of what their cars have.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Trininav

thanks everyone.. just got back in town.. no 4was.. good info though
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Chavi

Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
LOL hey whatever works for you...but I like to know exactly what I'm buying BEFORE I actually buy it. In regard to your attempt to be funny...yes if your curious about thread count or quality of welds you should look into it BEFORE buying the item. Regardless if its something you "cared" about or not, I would think a buyer would want to know everything about a car he's purchasing in advance...but hey that's just my crazy logic I guess.
No Pat. I just purchased a 2013 G37 IPL yesterday. I owned a 2011 G37x before trading it in for the IPL. It wasn't listed as a standard feature or an option on either transaction. Its only mentioned in the car manual, believe it or not. That's how I just found out right now. Hence the reason why I'm here looking it up. Then again I guess Infiniti doesn't leverage this option or feature as a major selling point. The car sells itself as an affordable performance car alternative to an otherwise German dominated compact luxury performance market too good for the evolutions but too frugal for the AMG and M3's of the works. So no, if I don't know it may come with it I wouldn't necessarily know if mine is equipped with it. (Shaking my head...)
Old 08-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Hi-Chew
Registered Member

4was

Hello I recently just purchased a 2010 G37 anniversary coupe. After I installed my exhuast I notice the rear was differnet than my last 2012 G37 coupe. Looked it up and found this forum on what it was. I wanted to know if its even possible to drift with the 4WAS or if would damage it. The feeling of the back end moving too do scare me a little bit. I can not even a find any information on 4was on the internet so any informationon it would be a blessing.

Quick Reply: How do I know if the car has 4WAS?