G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rim thieves strike north of the border

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 AM
lier200a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with the adjusters man! Thanks for heads up!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by gnorth
Right at the centre of the Alberta's economy Unfortunately a long drive from Calgary.

Go Kings!!!

TD insurance said it will be covered but the adjuster hasn't contacted me yet. So I am not sure if they'll cover the full amount.
Well, if your insurance company doesn't cover the full amount perhaps you can try and have your homeowners/property owners insurance cover your loss?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 AM
gnorth

Originally Posted by Ontario G37S
If you wont be able to hear the alarm, might be good idea to invest in an aftermarket alarm to alert you by your smartphone or fob when your not near the car.
The problem is the underground parking, there is no signal there.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Right at the centre of the Alberta's economy Unfortunately a long drive from Calgary.

TD insurance said it will be covered but the adjuster hasn't contacted me yet. So I am not sure if they'll cover the full amount.
I'm sure they will cover the full amount as it is part of the car as it was purchased. It's not like it is personal contents or an aftermarket part, it's attached to the vehicle. The only option they can offer is identical aftermarket parts instead of OEM (when replacing parts from an accident) but since there are no such parts, they have to go the expensive route. However, the next time this happens they could just balk at replacing them as they will consider your parking spot as high risk or if you made no attempt to protect your investment.

A friends cavalier kept getting their drivers window broken by theives to steal the contents of the car. After the 2nd window was replaced, the insurance company told him to just leave the window down as they were not going to replace it anymore.

Last edited by Ontario G37S; 05-08-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
The problem is the underground parking, there is no signal there.
Either way, it still would be good to invest in an alarm that has a shock sensor to go off when they disturb your car. It would prove due dilligence and it will scare most theives off. It won't stop everyone, but will reduce the chance of it happening again. The same of course goes with adding a few lock nuts....always make it harder for most to want to steal.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 AM
owslystnly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
start sleeping in the backseat clutching your baby?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that sucks bro. Hope insurance will help u out.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
As said before, locking lugs won't help unfortunately. There are resources all over the internet that will show you how to get a stuck locking lug off. Sorry for the loss man. And they didn't even have the decency these days to put your car on blocks anymore. the bastards...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Can it be used with the stock system or do we need to upgrade to a Viper system?
Read the customer reviews...someone posted that he hooked it up to the factory alarm system on his 2010 Camaro
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
gnorth

Originally Posted by D_Rek
Wow, that sucks bro. Hope insurance will help u out.
Spoke to the adjuster, they first offered to tow the car to the nearest Kal-Tire and put on "comparable" wheels. Once I insisted on taking the car to the closest Infinity dealer (450km away) to inspect the damage if any and having an OEM wheel replacement they said they'll send someone out to take a look at the car.

So I am stuck with a rental Fort Flex for now, it feels like driving a bus after the coupe
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
fvck thieves!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for your loss, bro!

Im not 100% sure why you guys don't put wheel locks on your cars. Yes there are some people who can get around them... but virtually everyone who is getting jacked didnt have locks. So while SOME people can get around locks, ALL people can get around NO LOCKS.

Our rims are hot and clearly a hot commodity for some reason. Ebay maybe?

I did see an Altima with a set on it the other week or so. it made me think, " Hmmm which one of my brethren used to own those wheels" LOL.

PS, if you need a set, I do have mine with decent tires and TPS. However shipping to Canada would probably make it not worth it.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
mykke101

Spoke to the adjuster, they first offered to tow the car to the nearest Kal-Tire and put on "comparable" wheels. Once I insisted on taking the car to the closest Infinity dealer (450km away) to inspect the damage if any and having an OEM wheel replacement they said they'll send someone out to take a look at the car.

So I am stuck with a rental Fort Flex for now, it feels like driving a bus after the coupe
Where about in Canada? 450km to a infiniti dealership makes me think fort mac?

I'm from the Edmonton area, makes me sick to read that this has happened to a fellow Canadian, honestly i am not surprised that out of all places in Canada it happened there(if it was indeed FM).

I own basically the same car btw
Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
While that may be true, pretty sure that if a theif wants your wheels, they'll get your wheels. All it takes is a hammer and a socket. Really only another minute of work. Best bet is a tilt sensor like the others have said or parking in your own garage. Again...sorry for the loss and fvck those bastards.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
While that may be true, pretty sure that if a theif wants your wheels, they'll get your wheels. All it takes is a hammer and a socket. Really only another minute of work. Best bet is a tilt sensor like the others have said or parking in your own garage. Again...sorry for the loss and fvck those bastards.
You forget the part where a thief sees wheels with NO LOCK and THAT becomes their incentive to ****** em. It's not always a matter of "I want those wheels no matter what." Sometimes it "I want those wheels because I can get em." LOL.

Quick Reply: Rim thieves strike north of the border