Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thoughts on this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
y3chen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on this?

I've been looking for a splitter for the non-sport bumper but it doesn't exist. However, I did come across this during my searches... thoughts? Too much rice?

INFINITI EZ-LIP FRONT SPOILER CHIN SPLITTER VALANCE BODY KIT WING G20 M30 G35 | eBay
Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You can just buy garage door weatherstripping at Lowe's or HD if you want to go that route. That's all it is.

Looks like crap IMO.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like ****, dude you got a $40K car man... spend a little!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by kchu221
looks like ****, dude you got a $40K car man... spend a little!
In fairness, You can't call OP cheap as he stated that he wants a splitter but there are none for the Journey.

I don't know if this is true or not becasue I have a Sport and have never really looked into Journey parts. But there has to be something out there besides weatherstripping that looks better than this. Doing nothing at all is better than this option.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
lol for 99cents with free shipping, you can always put it on and pull it off if you don't like it. while driving realize it'll look like your bumper is coming off as the wind pushes the foam strip down.

Honestly I'd tell you to save up some money and do a sport/IPL bumper swap, will look a lot better.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlcCHMRvp4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

follow that video and youll be fine... :-P
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Agree with Betty.....it just looks cheesy.

Trending Topics

Old 04-28-2012, 01:29 PM
trp244

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BLamb
Honestly I'd tell you to save up some money and do a sport/IPL bumper swap, will look a lot better.
+1... I tried to find a lip for journey bumper and never liked what was available. Saved some cash for the bumper swap and it was the best decision I made.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Just saying... Burnout makes a kit for the non-sport G coupes.

Name:  KD11f_1.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  45.8 KB
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Just saying... Burnout makes a kit for the non-sport G coupes.

The OP is considering an eBay solution; I'm not sure an authentic Japanese lip is on the menu lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by cribbsjy
The OP is considering an eBay solution; I'm not sure an authentic Japanese lip is on the menu lol.
... I know, but it seems as though every time I make a less-than-complimentary remark or suggestion about someone's modding choices on this forum, I get hated on. (A few months ago I remarked upon the compliments a member of this forum was receiving for rocking this same Home Depot weatherstripping as well as a set of knock-off wheels on his $40,000+ car and I earned the label of "bad @ss.")

Thus, in an attempt to avoid confrontation, I figured I would just kindly recommend something else this time around.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

It's a great recommendation Bill. I think that in come cases guys just don't know that there are quality parts available for their application because they see so much garbage being posted and getting compliments - they think thats the way it's supposed to be because they don't now any better. Some guys may want to mod the right way and simply not know how or that there are better options out there. In some cases cheap DIY solutions may be great for some things. IMO this isn't one of them.

Keep schooling the youngsters. Not only for the OP's benefit but also for others that see this thread and may not comment but may take something positive away from it. Some of them may be paying attention. There are those that have learned from you and others that not modding at all is far better than modding poorly.

Keep it up bad @aa!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by Black Betty
It's a great recommendation Bill. I think that in come cases guys just don't know that there are quality parts available for their application because they see so much garbage being posted and getting compliments - they think thats the way it's supposed to be because they don't now any better. Some guys may want to mod the right way and simply not know how or that there are better options out there. In some cases cheap DIY solutions may be great for some things. IMO this isn't one of them.

Keep schooling the youngsters. Not only for the OP's benefit but also for others that see this thread and may not comment but may take something positive away from it. Some of them may be paying attention. There are those that have learned from you and others that not modding at all is far better than modding poorly.

Keep it up bad @aa!
I'm glad to know that my commentary is, at least, somewhat appreciated, as opposed to people assuming I'm just out to rip on everyone who modifies with cheap, poorly-constructed parts, or parts whose designs are stolen.

And I think you are 100% correct in much of what you say. Thanks, Jeremy.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Bill if you were always ripping on people's rides just to belittle others and be a jackass that would be one thing. Nobody likes that guy. But from what I've seen you try to offer constructive criticism and try to bring some knowledge of quality modification to the masses. I like it and can appreciate it even if some others don't. And as long as you aren't intentionally being offensive or bashing peoples rides just for the sake of bashing them, more power to you.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
y3chen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insight everyone.

The situation is not me being cheap, but rather running into brick walls when trying to find a splitter for the Journey bumper.

I don't really want to switch to an IPL/Sports bumper because I like the look of the Journey and feel like a splitter would look very good on it.

Any idea of the sports splitter will fit/can be modified to fit on a Journey bumper?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this?