Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 IPL, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
scottjays

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
That's a good deal? $46K? Yikes... But then again the msrp on them is $50k+...

I have seen a couple low mile IPL for mid to high $30K range in the Miami area on autotrader..some of the prices seems to good to be true, but I'm sure you can get a solid deal if you look hard enough.
I picked up the IPL that was listed in Miami @ Warren Henry Infniti
a 2011 IPL with 2100 miles. even has the the black grill. paid 39k. loving the car.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 AM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
This question is very easy. If you go to edmunds.com and configure you G. There is a option called invoice pricing. That is what the dealer pays to Infiniti to make the vehicle but there are dealers that are considered top tier dealers meaning they get even more low prices.

For example here in DFW we have a dealership called Sewell Infiniti and Infiniti noted them as a top tier dealer meaning they get very low cost in bringing a vehicle. That's why we always advise to see if you go below invoice pricing.

If you do you're research before buying a car you should gain a lot of knowledge.

I got my car back in 08 for invoice pricing and got the extended warranty for free. So everything is covered from tires, intakes (not anymore), oil changes. A lot of dealers will offer a lot of special deals.
I have done research and all the G37s coupes here cost over 44k... It makes sense now, you live in Texas. Everything in California cost a lot more but G37S with Navi is not fully loaded so no wonder you got yours for so cheap lol.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:05 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by LarryG
I have done research and all the G37s coupes here cost over 44k... It makes sense now, you live in Texas. Everything in California cost a lot more but G37S with Navi is not fully loaded so no wonder you got yours for so cheap lol.
Well mine is a 08 model I got mine in 08 when it first came out where Premium, navi,tech, (didnt get the 4was) were all options and not standard like today. Today cars with with premium as standard when back in 08 it didn't. If you were here back in 08 most people got their G fully loaded expect for the tech. Also, just because I live in Texas doesn't mean the car is cheaper lol the prices are the same but the living cost is very different. A brand new G in cali with a msrp with 50k will be the same in TX if it has the same options. Car prices are the same but once again living cost is different.

If you do a search on the forums you will see that people got even a better deal then I did from all over the place. NY, Cali, FL.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 AM
2 G or Not 2 G

Originally Posted by kingdavid
Agreed on the "Out of warranty" part. But regardless of the "fairness" of comparing new vs. used It's stilla a valid comparison. 50$ is a lot of screatch for what is essentially a branding premium

2012 Audi TT RS vs. 2011 BMW 1-series M Coupe, 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe - Comparison Test - Car and Driver

As is evident in this article, the IPL coupe just isn't worth it. You're better off getting a standard G37 and then modding it with the extra cash...which will be a LOT...which equals out to a LOT of improvement from base model.
and before you let anyone scare you about voided insurance you need to know that the dealer has to prove that the mods are what caused failure in order for your warranty to be voided. furthermore, certain companies like STILLEN offer products that are covered under warranty as well.

Keep in mind you can get a Lexus IS-f for around 35-40k still under warranty with medium miles. for that you get a v-8 superior interior, better suspension, four doors and...I mean its a damn LEXUS.
You say that like Lexus is a better brand than Infiniti. It's not. In fact, looking at their lineup of cars I'm not even sure they're as good as Infiniti.

Last edited by 2 G or Not 2 G; 02-23-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been reading through this thread and there's a lot of interesting comments, but what I haven't seen is...

The next generation Infiniti G will likely show its face on the net sometime this year, which will likely have an effect on our book values. With that being said, I wouldn't pay anything over $40k for a G37S Coupe. I'd likely pass on the IPL unless I got a helluva deal on it.

I have a '10 and I've been thinking about making the jump to the next gen model after the first year kinks are worked out, similar to what I did with buying a '10 vs 08-09. By that time, it'll be paid for and I can cross that bridge when I get there.

Something to think about, but FWIW, if you like driving a new-ish car, the G isn't that great of a buy right now because of the new model debut coming, whenever that may be. If you don't care about being new, broker yourself a damn good deal.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
I've been reading through this thread and there's a lot of interesting comments, but what I haven't seen is...

The next generation Infiniti G will likely show its face on the net sometime this year, which will likely have an effect on our book values. With that being said, I wouldn't pay anything over $40k for a G37S Coupe. I'd likely pass on the IPL unless I got a helluva deal on it.

I have a '10 and I've been thinking about making the jump to the next gen model after the first year kinks are worked out, similar to what I did with buying a '10 vs 08-09. By that time, it'll be paid for and I can cross that bridge when I get there.

Something to think about, but FWIW, if you like driving a new-ish car, the G isn't that great of a buy right now because of the new model debut coming, whenever that may be. If you don't care about being new, broker yourself a damn good deal.
Well there are advantages and disadvantages to this because no matter what brand name of the car the first year cars will 90% of the time get better deals when they are about to roll in the next year. For example when I got my car they offered 0% financing back in 08 the first year model now the lowest they offer is .9%.

But the disadvantage of getting the first year model is that they are going to have a lot of kinks here and there.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:05 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Well there are advantages and disadvantages to this because no matter what brand name of the car the first year cars will 90% of the time get better deals when they are about to roll in the next year. For example when I got my car they offered 0% financing back in 08 the first year model now the lowest they offer is .9%.

But the disadvantage of getting the first year model is that they are going to have a lot of kinks here and there.
You may have gotten 0% financing for the first year, which is rare for a first year car unless it's not selling as well as the manufacturer wants. However, I'm pretty sure you probably paid MSRP or very close to it since you bought early on.

Everyone else, likely didn't pay MSRP after the first model year unless they don't know how to negotiate.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
You may have gotten 0% financing for the first year, which is rare for a first year car unless it's not selling as well as the manufacturer wants. However, I'm pretty sure you probably paid MSRP or very close to it since you bought early on.

Everyone else, likely didn't pay MSRP after the first model year unless they don't know how to negotiate.
No I didn't pay MSRP. I paid $39,485 which at that time was invoice pricing and on top of that if I took the car off the lot that same day they were going to throw in a 7 year 100k extended warranty for free. So all my oil changes, tires (if it has a flat), fluid flushes are all covered for free.

But I do admit my car has a lot kinks that needs to be worked out still.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just left dealer and man, it is true IPLs are going for 46K. Damn so tempting, i have till Jan 2013 till my lease is up and i will definetly consider trading up for a new coupe. Too bad IPL doesnt offer OB thats the only reason i would settle for a G37S 6MT or if it will be an IPL i will consider Graphite Shadow. We will see.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Runch69

I'm trading in my IPL this week back to the dealer. They actually found a buyer so away I go. Inside it's great, but I can't stand the purple/black paint anymore lol. Plus the rims don't suit the car in my opinion. The whole body kit to me looks too big for it. Dunno, just doesn't sit right and I've only had it since last Spring. Again, personal opinion. Maybe cause I've had Black for every car I've own.

Going into a 2012 G37S or G37XS, real-black! Just need to decide by tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
v.b

apparently the ipl is worth it according to the modded 1/4 mile times thread!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
VossenG37S

Originally Posted by Runch69
I'm trading in my IPL this week back to the dealer. They actually found a buyer so away I go. Inside it's great, but I can't stand the purple/black paint anymore lol. Plus the rims don't suit the car in my opinion. The whole body kit to me looks too big for it. Dunno, just doesn't sit right and I've only had it since last Spring. Again, personal opinion. Maybe cause I've had Black for every car I've own.

Going into a 2012 G37S or G37XS, real-black! Just need to decide by tomorrow.
I felt the same way seing that color it just is not for me. Even my GF said wow that looks great but once Sunlight hit it she said omg thats horrible LMAO. Go OB FTW!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
VossenG37S

Originally Posted by v.b
apparently the ipl is worth it according to the modded 1/4 mile times thread!
Even Vossen wheels and Fast Intentions Catback got me those numbers lol. It's the DRIVER!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Runch69

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
I felt the same way seing that color it just is not for me. Even my GF said wow that looks great but once Sunlight hit it she said omg thats horrible LMAO. Go OB FTW!

haha, ya I got that a few times, "is your car purple?" Not cool.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
jerryg45

Originally Posted by Runch69
haha, ya I got that a few times, "is your car purple?" Not cool.
LOL. I did not think of this possibility. none the less, I opt to wait it out. Just listed my current car for sale. See what I get for it.