G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

[video included] Ratting noise, anyone experienced? PLESE help me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 06:56 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
^^My noise is on the passenger side, not driver. How could any of the steering parts have anything to do with this??
Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 PM
purplelittlegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
^^My noise is on the passenger side, not driver. How could any of the steering parts have anything to do with this??
Is the passenger side then im sorry i can't help since mine had the same rattling noise but came from driver side!!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
g37stexasusa

Originally Posted by NCHIINFMNGR
Could be loose wires behind air bag, but i have had this concern with a customer once, try grabbing the top of the cluster and move it back and forth, if u hear it, u have to pull apart the cluster and insulate all contact points, especially where the instrumet cluster glass meets plastic, we did this repair and cust reported that it was gone, also make sure the plastic cowel under the wiper arms is not rubbing on the windshield, that can also make ticking/ratteling noises as well, have to pull up cowel and insulate it, hope this helps
Originally Posted by LakeBlueG
Try pressing on the sunglass holder (or leaving it open) while you're driving........I had a similar rattle which sounded like it was coming from the dash and/or the passenger door. Turns out it was the pressure latch for the sunglass holder. Dealer just replaced and now noise is gone. Only rattle I have left is being caused by the two windshield cowl pieces........finally figured this one out by forcing the cowl pieces back down, they've been rubbing against the windshield so badly they've actually etched a line into the lower part of the windshield!
Originally Posted by purplelittlegg
I had the same problem before. i took it back to infiniti for 3 times. First time they couldn't find out anything. The second time i test drove with the mechanic, he changed only the console between the steering wheel and the dash. Its fine but only for 3 days. I took it back again and they ordered a brand new steering parts for me and took 1 month to ship here. They do provide loaner car. Good luck!!

Do you think the rattling noise in the video relates to this post?
https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-tec...dash-area.html

That noise is not from Sunglasses box. I have it but it's gone when it's properly closed or touched.

Disassembling the dashboard seems difficult. I can pay to fix this issue, but not sure they actually find the exact spot of the ratting noise.

If I go to an infiniti dealership or a private car shop, I'll go to one in Dallas, Texas.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 PM
yolkipalki

i have a similar issue .... when i stand on a light or stop sign in drive i hear rattle behind glove box when i drive its gone. This usually happens after i push the car wreckless on the street. I keep thinking my intake on that side is loose or something but i checked its not idk what it can be. Also feel vibration and hear through my steering wheel after a few high speed turns. The drive is unaffected by these things drives the same.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 AM
ooranzoo
Registered Member

I have the same issue and found it with the help of an Infiniti technician. I had him ride with me to verify this buzzing sound.

The buzzing sound you are getting is due to the seat belt on the passenger side. Its the seat belt device where you plug the belt into. In my situation, there was a piece in the seat belt device that caused this irritating sound.

To test this when you hear the sound again, try pushing the seat belt device component away from you and see if the sound goes away.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 AM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
take it back to the dealer and have them fix for you... mine does the samething and i took it back to dealer and they told me that they had to replace the lense..and now the rattle's gone.. hopefully it wont come back.... good luck!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 AM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by dopetime
I have this EXACT same issue. It seems to be coming from inside the steering wheel or column. lmk if you find a fix. I brought it to the dealer and they couldn't doanything.
take it back to the dealer and have them fix for you... mine does the samething and i took it back to dealer and they told me that they had to replace the lense..and now the rattle's gone.. hopefully it wont come back.... good luck!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:17 AM
awightguy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a noise coming from mine too, when at higher speeds. I noticed that it was coming from the bottom of the plastic covering the airbag.