G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Speedometer Dash bubbling/raised & Steering wheel GAP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedometer Dash bubbling/raised & Steering wheel GAP?

What's going on guys? As a new Infiniti owner I wanted to see if anyone can shine some light on this. I took my car to the dealer to fix a dent in my back bumper which the douche salesman did when I bought it, and was told the following. The service tech asked if I wanted to replace the dashboard piece above the speedometer. Me not knowing why, I asked him. Apparently, with intense heat (I live in FL) the plastic in the dash raises and bubbles on the side of the top dash piece above speedometer. When he took me inside, sure enough it was rasied and popped out versus being in line and flush. Anybody else experience this?

ALSO: upon picking up my vehicle, I noticed a large gap on the side of the steering colum near the push start. If i tilt my head or sit in the passenger side, i can see the connecting switches and put 2 fingers inside? Is this how the steering wheel comes. I posted a pic to shed some light on what I am talking about, gap is larger in person. IS THIS NORMAL?

Thanks in advance guys.

Speedometer Dash bubbling/raised & Steering wheel GAP?-g37s.jpg
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Soliditude

I've had the same exact issue as you in terms of the upper dash piece popping off and creating a slight gap around those buttons on each side. Replace that same dash piece with a new one (covered under warranty), and you'll be good to go. My dealer said that it was a common thing with these cars, and it took them 15 minutes to replace. Get a new one, and it'll look exactly as needs to be.

In terms of the gap that you showed in the picture, that's normal. That's the way it comes.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:49 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by Soliditude
I've had the same exact issue as you in terms of the upper dash piece popping off and creating a slight gap around those buttons on each side. Replace that same dash piece with a new one (covered under warranty), and you'll be good to go. My dealer said that it was a common thing with these cars, and it took them 15 minutes to replace. Get a new one, and it'll look exactly as needs to be.

In terms of the gap that you showed in the picture, that's normal. That's the way it comes.
Solitude, thanks for the response. I figured the steering wheel gap was normal, but I guess I over examined that area after I picked up my car today due to dash issue. The dash is now flush and in line after being worked on. Weird how this happens with heat.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Soliditude

Good to know, man. They probably just fixed it back in place. Mine made a loud "pop" noise when I lifted my steering wheel upwards, and that's when the gaps happened. It's been good since it got replaced, so I'm happy. But usually, when your car is still under warranty, the dealer will have no problem doing little fixes like that, so take advantage of it whenever you can!