G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got hitched.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Mazaki

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Got hitched.

It finally happened... Don't have any pics of the carnage yet, but some jackass left a deep imprint of their trailer hitch in my bumper. No note, no waiting for me to come back. Just took off like a lousy turd.

2011 sport bumper time? Insurance will cover up to $500 and I already filed a hit-n-run report with the fuzz... Not like they're gonna catch them or anything.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:19 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
freaking lame. by the name of your title - i figured you got engaged + settled for getting rid of your G!

even worse though! i've had my fair share of freaking hit 'n runs. a while back, when i owned an acura, i had a loaner '09 RL. some bastard hit the rear bumper, knocked out the rear tail light and left. did i mention that the person who hit it tried to patch it up on the spot with freaking permanent black pen, or some sort of paint?

hope all goes well man!!! could've been worse, right?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Art Vandaley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha same here.. thought you were getting married... getting rid of the car!!!

sorry about the bumper, im even more sorry that insurance will only pay for $500 of it..

im trying to avoid stuff like that by parking way back out of the way... There is this black BMW that always parks right up against me at my gym, wherever I park he is to the right of me... probably wouldn’t even pay attention to him if he didn’t park crewked with less then a foot between me and his drivers door... his last parking job made me so mad I waited 10 min after closing of the gym to catch him coming out. Needless to say he didn’t come out... left this note on my way out..
Attached Thumbnails Got hitched.-bmw-note.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 AM
CaptainObvious
Banned

I did not fall for your make 'em think I got married / "I got hitched" title cause I looked to see what section this was posted in (it wasn't in off topic) although I first thought you may have put a trailer hitch on your G.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM
hoofhearted

That guy probably didn't even notice that he backed into your car. Can't stay away from everyone all the time, but I especially try to stay away from pickups and soccer mom SUV's. Sucks you had to drop $500 for someone's carelessness.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
I did not fall for your make 'em think I got married / "I got hitched" title cause I looked to see what section this was posted in (it wasn't in off topic) although I first thought you may have put a trailer hitch on your G.
I thought trailer hitch too.
OP it does suck man. Sorry to hear that.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
ohh man... couple monthes ago, i rear ended a truck in the freeway, and the tow hook from the truck went right inside my bumper and when it came out my bumper came ripping off too.. i took it to the body shop and they said that the tow hook messed up my whole frame and my front reinforcer was bent in half... that little tow hook did alot of damage to my car... replaced that, my front bumper, my fenders, and my hood... while the truck had no damages... oh the worst part was, he was an off duty officer so he ran my plates on the spot to see if i had any warrants out haha but goodluck to you! hope you dont have to pay what i paid...
Old 04-27-2011, 12:51 PM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry man...people are ****ers...
Old 04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
ACoupe

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.
I try and avoid parking near potential incidents, but you can only be so careful (like parking out in the middle of nowhere, only to have some moron park RIGHT next to your car. And not only that, TIGHTLY next to your car).

We should all carry some of these (my apologies if these have been posted before):
KindOfRude.com – Insulting Vehicle Flyers and More - Say What Everybody Is Thinking
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah i think you should get '11 S bumper... they look fresh!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
LizardBreath

+1 on 11 sport bumper... what color is ur car?
Old 05-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Mazaki

The car is obsidian black. I really digged the new bumper in black when I first saw it... It looks a little more like a fish, but I think it's sexy. Plus it's just a matter of time before some company makes a stick-on lip that fills up the front so it looks a little more BMW E46ish. What about the fogs and new water bottle + any new wiring?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:39 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
back in the day when i had my lifted truck i had a hitch on it and some ahole parked right on my *** where he shouldnt have been parked and left me no room to move... so needless to say he got a hitch to his bumber a few times
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
JMacsG37

thats rough, i got hit and ran on. someone else saw it left a note with their plate number and police wouldn't do anything. Said i could have written the note lol, all on a military base...no love. but yea upgrade time now
Old 05-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Mazaki

Originally Posted by chuckie311
back in the day when i had my lifted truck i had a hitch on it and some ahole parked right on my *** where he shouldnt have been parked and left me no room to move... so needless to say he got a hitch to his bumber a few times
Lovely.

Keep in mind I didn't crowd anyone. The parking lot was about half full, and I had parked at an end spot where there was a curb...To avoid door bangers. Ha. There wasn't a truck in front of me when I parked. The spot was empty. So someone must have backed in, and smashed me up, then took off going "Oh ****."

Search this Thread