G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Why is it so hard to love this car

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
lmwebster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice thread. For me the issues are 1) the seat bubble [and please anyone that has SUCCESFULLY brought it to a dealers attention AND GOT IT FIXED let me know], 2) the occassional clicking behind the steering columne [which I think is simply the two part rubbing (but still annoying), 3) the occasional small water leak above the small speaker on the passenger side during a car wash, 4) the passenger seatbeat banging [solved by making sure the bracket is pointed out as if someone is wearing it] and 5) having my rear bumper replaced (after getting hit) and the body shop unable to make it 100% perfect [there expanation being that Nissan body parts are notorious for not fitting]. Thx
Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Stanislav

Originally Posted by JLai
Misleading thread title...
Hahahaha... the title was suppose to say:
"Why is it so hard to love this car" - sorry about that

I got carried away with typing my declaration of independence.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
could someone please post a pic of this notorious seat bubble? (sounds like a good rapper name).
Old 01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
SnoopDawg

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
could someone please post a pic of this notorious seat bubble? (sounds like a good rapper name).
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...at-issues.html
Old 01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait so let me get this straight... you are frustrated at your G for having some issues, so you are considering a used BMW so you won't have to deal with the headache of little problems every now and then?

Good luck with that.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
before you jump the bmw route i thnk you should go to bimmerfest and e90post and look up common troubles on the 335. no car is perfect and you might be switching from a car that has minor issues to major ones.

i was in the market for a 335i before i jumped on the G. until i found numerous posts on overheating (even on 6mt with the sport package), fuel pumps going, etc. i was so down to find this as my test drive of the 335i made me so in love with it.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:26 PM
joey_v

All cars have issues but the G is special.

I love my car and although I have aspirations for bigger and better things, I'm glad I have my G37S.

1. The seat bubble - I have lived with. It doesn't look any worse now than it did 1 month after purchase. The "bubble" has remained stable.
2. The squeeks - I have repaired via dealer. No more squeeks and I am a happy camper.

Those are my only two big issues with the G and both are ok. The car has been reliable and the dealer is always helpful.

Good luck with your G and your future direction with cars. Don't think that jumping into another won't open its own can of worms/issues/headaches.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every car has issue and the Infiniti has very small issue. All of these issue's are covered under warranty. Audi is a good looking car all aorund but I'm sure they have problems also. They are also much more to fix when something does happen. German's don't play
Old 01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
DashKid
Banned

I guess it all comes down to this than.

Do you want annoying rattles (Infiniti) or do you want annoying engine problems (BMW)
Old 01-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm with ya Stan. Your frustrations are valid. I'm on my third Infinti and it will be my last. While the G (and most Infiniti vehicles) are the best bang for the buck, it's the small things that count the most for me. Between my car and my girlfriend's G37, we've had quite a few problems and all of them have been resolved, but I'm becoming less and less fond of Infiniti vehicles. All cars have issues... even BMW, Benz, etc, but Infiniti customer service has been less than satisfactory for me to buy a car from them so easily as I have in the past. I will certainly scrutinize my purchase and compare against others when I do buy again.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
but I'm becoming less and less fond of Infiniti vehicles. All cars have issues... even BMW, Benz, etc, but Infiniti customer service has been less than satisfactory for me to buy a car from them so easily as I have in the past. I will certainly scrutinize my purchase and compare against others when I do buy again.

My thoughts exactly! I don't hate Infiniti or hate the G37. But the ownership experience on a car like this should be at least an 8 or 9 out of 10 as far as reasonable expectations go. It started out that way but it is barely hanging on to an 8 right now for me, and has at times dipped to 7.5 (my own personal rating system but you guys get what I'm saying). That would be acceptable on a Honda or Nissan but not on an premium brand.
That said, I dont generally nit pick on my car and I baby it greatly. Although we realize no car is perfect, certain issues should be minimal.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
+1 /\/\/\

as a premium brand it does fall a little short compared to the big 3 germans or even lexus
Old 01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
arm33n

Originally Posted by soolman32
The ticking noise on the passenger side is from the seat belt buckle hitting the door frame, I hear from time to time. At least that's what it was with me.
This is true because I was like wtf is that noise? I was like wtf is wrong with my window but then I realized it was the seat belt thing hitting the door
Old 01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Raven

when i'm alone in the car, i just pull the seat belt little over the shoulder holster.

as Stas mentioned , hard to love for me too i think... i'm so biased on genesis coupe that i would even trade .. besides i dreamt about pearl white and MT and sedan after buying a black,A/T coupe lol but i like this car and it is still beyond most of my expectations in all it's aspects....
Old 01-11-2010, 12:26 AM
blindman8858

seat covers dude!

Quick Reply: Why is it so hard to love this car