Sponsored By:

help! Speed sensitive steering issue on my g

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:42 PM
rockraines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help! Speed sensitive steering issue on my g

Hey folks, new to the forum.

I have a black 09 g37x coupe and have had several issues with the car so far including the transmission reflash issue as well as the alignment slipping out constantly.

The newest problem has me perplexed. My speed sensitive steering seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes its stiff, sometimes loose and all at the same speed on the same road. It doesnt seem to adjust to speed, it just adjusts when it feels like it. I can be going 80mph on the highway and my steering feels like an Accord, then 15 seconds later it tightens up and lets me feel the road. It does the same thing when traveling at 25mph. Anyone have or heard of this issue??
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by rockraines
Hey folks, new to the forum.

I have a black 09 g37x coupe and have had several issues with the car so far including the transmission reflash issue as well as the alignment slipping out constantly.

The newest problem has me perplexed. My speed sensitive steering seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes its stiff, sometimes loose and all at the same speed on the same road. It doesnt seem to adjust to speed, it just adjusts when it feels like it. I can be going 80mph on the highway and my steering feels like an Accord, then 15 seconds later it tightens up and lets me feel the road. It does the same thing when traveling at 25mph. Anyone have or heard of this issue??
Just to point out, the Accord has speed sensitive steering as well
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
kayno

I just started having a similar problem.. Only that it doesn't seem to tighten up at all... I'm at the dealership right now and they tell me it's riding fine.. I'm like yes it rides fine if it was a civic.. Not for a g37s coupe.. I can't make fast turns at high speeds without feeling like I might loose control of the car..
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Ummm. You should probably take it in immediately to have it looked at. It's not some noise you can't figure out, it's steering and if something goes wrong, you're screwed.

But before you do, check the power steering fluid level. Why it would be low I have no idea, but it's worth a shot. If low, top it off...if not, then take it in immediately.

****edit**** ok, well....you're at the stealership already....don't mind me, nothing to see here.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 PM
kayno

Yes I am.. And they claim nothing is wrong with it.. I'm trying to let me drive a different car and feel it out