Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Puddles of water in the G..

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:05 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Thats what i was thinking. I am getting the dealership to talk to him and see if that helps.. theres not much "muscle" i can bring in without putting myself on the wrong side of the table, you know? As of now i seem to have the upper hand.

I really just wish they would man up and pay for the damages, and let it be done. theres no way i'm going to walk away from this one. He ripped me of $200 for a crappy alarm install, and now he thinks im going to pay $1500 in damages caused by his incompetence. Thats $1700 out of my pocket, for their mistakes? No thanks.

Id rather go to court and pay the lawyer, regardless of how much it costs. its the principle here...
I don't necessarily mean bring an unsophisticated thug with you, just maybe somebody that when they speak, people listen and know they mean business. That bastard at the alarm shop KNOWS he is in the wrong, so I would think with enough prodding he will coin up and pay for the carpets. Especially the more he is hassled. I'm not sure of your age/ect, but if you're younger, the shop owner might not be taking you serious. Show him you mean business.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouchhh that suxx! sorry to hear! hope everything resolves.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
I don't necessarily mean bring an unsophisticated thug with you, just maybe somebody that when they speak, people listen and know they mean business. That bastard at the alarm shop KNOWS he is in the wrong, so I would think with enough prodding he will coin up and pay for the carpets. Especially the more he is hassled. I'm not sure of your age/ect, but if you're younger, the shop owner might not be taking you serious. Show him you mean business.
I'm 21. I don't think he's taking me seriously either. Theres not much i can do in terms of prodding, such as bringing my parents into the matter? I don't think that will help.

Originally Posted by gan78mao
ouchhh that suxx! sorry to hear! hope everything resolves.
Thanks man, i hope so too.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:39 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bring Black Betty with you.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:40 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that. And yeah some people seem to take advantage of young'ens in nice cars. They seem to forget that a bad experience will probably cost them way more in bad press than the cost of the repair.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:53 PM
SFG37S

Get the dealer to document the problem on the repair order and pay them. Next step, Go to the alarm installer and nicely say to the owner, "I am not going to argue with you. Either you can pay me, or small claims court can. Its your choice". Make sure to take the pictures with you to court if it goes that far.

P.S No need for a lawyer, Any decent judge is going to see it as an open and shut case.

Last edited by SFG37S; 05-21-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:31 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

Good Luck bro

I'm still laughing to myself about the part where the alarm installer said it was too advanced!lolol

Did you happen to take it to a red neck or what?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 PM
oOmikeyboy

Originally Posted by SFG37S
Get the dealer to document the problem on the repair order and pay them. Next step, Go to the alarm installer and nicely say to the owner, "I am not going to argue with you. Either you can pay me, or small claims court can. Its your choice". Make sure to take the pictures with you to court if it goes that far.

P.S No need for a lawyer, Any decent judge is going to see it as an open and shut case.
Yeah, i hope it doesn't go that far. Hopefully he pays up so i don't have to.

Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
Good Luck bro

I'm still laughing to myself about the part where the alarm installer said it was too advanced!lolol

Did you happen to take it to a red neck or what?
I found the shop via viper.com's approved installer shop list. Sucks. They said that it wasn't them, the car was too technologically advanced. Funny, because another guy on myg37 managed to get a viper 5901 working fully.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
joey_v

Good luck man! Hope all is sorted out shortly.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 AM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

Take it to Judge Judy! She'll take care of you
Old 05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
oOmikeyboy

^ lmao. I spoke to one of my co-workers here about it. She says i can just go to the courthouse and file a claim against this person in the small claims court.

Now i just have to wait for the dealership to give me a full report.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:12 PM
XMMAN

damn buddy sorry to hear about your troubles! im sure it will all get worked out in your favor.. just dont roll over on this one.. you are right!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 PM
oOmikeyboy

ok.. another update.

I called a few attorneys, and they all agree that its a small claims court kind of thing. $1500 is not that big of a deal apparently, and i should just file the claim myself. However, i don't know a single thing about law, or the first thing about suing someone.

I guess im just gonna suck it up and order the carpet myself, and change it. Lesson learned i guess. I will be picking up the car in a few days, and i will pull the carpet out myself.

If anyone has any suggestions or idea's that can help me out right about now, feel free to comment.. i'm at a loss for words.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
ok.. another update.

I called a few attorneys, and they all agree that its a small claims court kind of thing. $1500 is not that big of a deal apparently, and i should just file the claim myself. However, i don't know a single thing about law, or the first thing about suing someone.

I guess im just gonna suck it up and order the carpet myself, and change it. Lesson learned i guess. I will be picking up the car in a few days, and i will pull the carpet out myself.

If anyone has any suggestions or idea's that can help me out right about now, feel free to comment.. i'm at a loss for words.
damn that sucks man. I would be so **** right now if i decided to suck it up and pay for it. I have a suggestion on how you can make some money thought for the carpet.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:39 PM
oOmikeyboy

^ Whats the suggestion? Or did you want to PM me?

Quick Reply: Puddles of water in the G..