Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question about License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Baroker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about License Plate

Hi guys, I'm just wondering how you guys put on your license plate in the front ? I have a g37 nonsport. Did you guys have to drill holes or anything? Did someone help you put it on? Thanks. Sorry for the newbness.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You can drill holes, but i didn't. Lol.

I know Stillen has a license plate mounting bracket that doesn't require any drilling. Here you go, did the searching for ya

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...odel=G37%202DR
Old 03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dealer didn't provide a stock bracket?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Baroker

Thanks alot Gamedog!, and nope they didn't Callaway Is Stillen the only company that sells those? Are there non-branded ones too?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what state are you in Baroker? Is it the law to have a front plate? Also, check your trunk where your spare tire is to see if your bracket is in there? If not, you need to go back to the dealership and demand that they supply you with an OEM one since they removed it from your car.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
aznutx

i agree with heat, demand ur bracket, but i love my stillen one, when i want i take it off and my front bumper is clean of holes
Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 PM
jds

I think most of us don't install the front plate. It looks pretty ugly and often isn't a big deal in most states. They are required where I live (Utah), but you can't be pulled over for it - you can only be written up for it if they pull you over for something else. I've asked a lot of (local) people about it and can't find anyone that's ever been written up for it.

Worst case you get the ugly Stillen bracket that goes into your tow attachment...
Old 03-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Baroker

Oh I live in Chicago, Illinois.. I THINK its required that we have a front license plate..and I agree it looks 10x better w/o it.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
MrMichael

I went for a whole year without a front plate and then got pulled over twice. Once for speeding and no front plate (got a warning for both) and the 2nd time specifically for a front plate (warning again). I bought the stillen one and haven't thought about it since. I refuse to drill holes in my bumper.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by Baroker
Thanks alot Gamedog!, and nope they didn't Callaway Is Stillen the only company that sells those? Are there non-branded ones too?
If the dealership didn't provide license plate brackets or drilling holes, I would leave it like that until I get pulled over by a cop because then I could just say the dealership never gave me a front bracket for them or just say I bought the car like this from the dealer.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
If the dealership didn't provide license plate brackets or drilling holes, I would leave it like that until I get pulled over by a cop because then I could just say the dealership never gave me a front bracket for them or just say I bought the car like this from the dealer.

The judge would just say, "ignorance of the law is not an excuse"!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by raul0434
The judge would just say, "ignorance of the law is not an excuse"!
I would say "The dealership didn't mount the license plate on my bumper. I thought dealerships are supposed to mount the license plate on the bumpers if it's required by law and they havn't done so for my G. So I thought it wasn't necessary." Then the judge will over look the information and then blame the dealer and will most likely give me a notice to take to the dealer so they can mount my front license plate.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 PM
G Nack 37s

in Philadelphia theres no requirement for a front bracket and plus it makes your car look bad
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
andromeda

In my state is required and thus thought of buying the stillen one. However, I for now just carry it on the bottom right corner of the window. I will never drill any holes.
-A
Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
AndrewDDS

Screw all you guys!! I got pulled over 3 times in a month after I bought my car (for no front plate every time), so I just broke down and drilled the holes...

Quick Reply: Question about License Plate