Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My G got towed =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:37 AM
6chr0nic4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G got towed =(

anyway so i was out eating with a friend and it just started comming down hard in vancouver last night.., i tried my best to get home before it started sticking bad.. but cars were backed up everywhere and by the time i got to the bridge i couldnt make it up hills so i had to leave it parked on the side of the bridge overnight

went 6am to grab it and it was gone...

anyway im worried about how they towed the car, i left it in neutral with the ebrake on, when i entered the car in the afternoon it was in first gear?

can they somehow manage to get in? also.. what about the ebrake.. the lane is one way, it was only possible to tow my car from the front, assuming the ebrake locks up the back wheels, did they just drag it? what type of damages can occur.....
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4
anyway so i was out eating with a friend and it just started comming down hard in vancouver last night.., i tried my best to get home before it started sticking bad.. but cars were backed up everywhere and by the time i got to the bridge i couldnt make it up hills so i had to leave it parked on the side of the bridge overnight

went 6am to grab it and it was gone...

anyway im worried about how they towed the car, i left it in neutral with the ebrake on, when i entered the car in the afternoon it was in first gear?

can they somehow manage to get in? also.. what about the ebrake.. the lane is one way, it was only possible to tow my car from the front, assuming the ebrake locks up the back wheels, did they just drag it? what type of damages can occur.....
They likely dragged it up onto the rollback. No damage would likely be done as they would likely back the rollback to the font of you car and pull it up. My concern would be in regards to the cable used to pull it up. If they didn't use a tow hook which hooks in the center of front bumper (in the mesh area) they "could" have damaged your bumper. Normally they are smart about these things as they do it often, but you never know.

Inspect your car before you pick it up and document with the towing company if there are damages.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely, I would have a fit if they messed something up.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
lakers8

why would you leave your car on a bridge i dont understand how bad it was why would you leave it somewhere where its likely to either get towed or damaged. But they likely dragged it with the wheels locked in the back, and that is weird how it was in first gear. Maybe you thought you left it in neutral
Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah check to see if they towed you up off a control arm, that can easily bend them or twist the frame if they pull it up incorrectly, but you were most likely flat bedded, probably just screached you up to the loading dock and then let it slide up and on.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:46 PM
elite

Lightbulb

INFINITI Roadside Assistance Card
For 24-Hour assistance ,call:

Last edited by elite; 12-15-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Heat

^^LOL. I have used them twice already. Just for stupid ****.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
nogoodname
Banned

I dont get, why would you leave it on a bridge...lol....should of left in a parking lot

over here, i've seen cars being towed and they pull the cars even if the ebrake is on......screeching noises........but we're mean french ppl.....lol

check to see for damages and do not leave the lot if you find some !!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:06 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Originally Posted by elite
INFINITI Roadside Assistance Card
For 24-Hour assistance ,call:
+1million
Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
seayky
Registered Member

I believe the OP forgot to mention, "snow" was comming down hard in vancouver last night.. Winter storm in the Northwest this past weekend and everywhere is icy.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
canadoc

well I have the g37x coupe and through freezing rain and 2 snowstorms last week she performed better than my previous a4 quattro!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by lakers8
why would you leave your car on a bridge i dont understand how bad it was why would you leave it somewhere where its likely to either get towed or damaged. But they likely dragged it with the wheels locked in the back, and that is weird how it was in first gear. Maybe you thought you left it in neutral
+1 - it's not an 89 cavalier why didn't you just call and get it towed yourself rather than wing it like that?

and +1million on Infiniti Roadside Assistance - use that ish when you pay premium prices on luxury cars :-)
Old 12-16-2008, 08:53 AM
jnifong

i remember in the 350Z, if you're on snow/ice and your wheels start to spin, TCS pops on to try to control wheel spin, but since the conditions are so slippery, the car keeps dialing back the trottle until you almost have nothing. If you turn TCS off, there's so much power that even in 2nd gear take-offs, you're sideways. Then again, in NC, we get more ice than snow (if we do get snow, ice is usually under it) which amuses me to watch northerners brag how they can "drive in this" and wind up in the ditch. Anyway, I'm sure the G37 "performs" the same way as the Z did, except the G37X of course.

Jon

Get your wrong on:

http://www.sheepholetees.com/main.php
Old 12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
teedough

i think he was high?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:33 PM
lakers8

lmao

Quick Reply: My G got towed =(