Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Number of G37 Sport made?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 01:59 PM
kg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dean2900
Geez, a stright drive is not about manliness. It is a preference for those who want more control over the car.

There is nothing wrong with a auto but some of us do prefer the control a straight drive gives.

I am only interested in finding out how many straight drives are made as none of the dealers seem to have any.

Dean
That's fine. I don't know where you can find out how many 6MT's are sold. I think an educated guess would be around 10-15% of G37 are stick. When is your car coming?
Old 07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
abravenewworld

lock inc
Old 07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
kg37

Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
hah id still take you wit my at G and still be able to wrap my other arm around my gf while u still play wit a STICK loll
Hey skyz... what other plans do u have for your G BTW?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:55 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Originally Posted by kg37
Hey skyz... what other plans do u have for your G BTW?
nothing out of the ordinary...JWT intakes my custom megan exhaust is waiting to be installed after my tickets are written off an taken care off... im gonna do my headlights next week and my grill is being redone next week...my resonators are gonna be deleted and straight piped...some test pipes...grounding kit...H techs....ill probably roll on stockers for awhile and just powder coat them and as soon as Kenstyle is done with the bodykit on terribles car im 2nd in line....and some other stuff but ill let u guys wait and c

Last edited by SkyzDaL1m1T; 07-19-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:22 PM
dean2900

Originally Posted by kg37
That's fine. I don't know where you can find out how many 6MT's are sold. I think an educated guess would be around 10-15% of G37 are stick. When is your car coming?
They said it was on a boat from Japan and it would be between July 21th to Aug 4th as their estimate (guesstimate?),

Dean
Old 07-19-2008, 06:38 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

As if I "I can put my arm around my gf" while you play with your stick is original.

You started it! I dont care if you have a auto. I will take the straight drive any day of the week!
i dont care if u have stick either just dont try stating that stick is the man way or else youll get flammed on alot in this forum considering the percentage of AT sport package drivers on the forum are pretty high
Old 07-19-2008, 06:42 PM
dean2900

i dont care if u have stick either just dont try stating that stick is the man way or else youll get flammed on alot in this forum considering the percentage of AT sport package drivers on the forum are pretty high
I have never flamed. I got you back and am willing to call a truce!

You guys have to understand it is subjective but I should be able to give the advantages of the straight drive.

Maybe I am too old school but I will always prefer the manual transmission.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:44 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

I have never flamed. I got you back and am willing to call a truce!

You guys have to understand it is subjective but I should be able to give the advantages of the straight drive.

Maybe I am too old school but I will always prefer the manual transmission.
if u call that getting back then yeah u are old school man...enjoy your straight drive and heres my white flag-->
Old 07-19-2008, 06:56 PM
dean2900

On a more serious note, I am glad that there are less G37S with 6MT. Now I need to find out how many 6MT are made with Blue Slate/Stone Interior.

Dean
Old 07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
dean2900

yeah at 19 i got a wife buddy and nope we arent on the same brilliant comment of mine thank you very much! lol
Lets stay on topic. I am trying to find out how many 6MT are made.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
DJMatrix1067

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I didnt mean to take a personal shot. Look, I am a sports car type og guy and I love manual transmission. I do realize that the performance is nearly the same. However, the straight drives give you a lot more control and makes cars so much fun.

I like this Journey loaner I have but I am getting bored with the Auto transmission and the paddle controls are boring to me.

The G37 is not a true sports car. It is a sporty coupe even with the sport package. However, there is no way you can replace the fun of a MT and control with an AT.

I just think people who AutoX, use to, and prefer the sports car aspects more than the luxury aspects of the G37 are going to opt for the 6mt.

Dean
i can appreciate your commitment to precision (which it sounds like you are using as a justification to 6MT) because i used to drive a 350Z and Z06 Vette both of which are 6MT, however, do not use autox as a justification for manual. It comes down to personal preference. has nothing to do with manliness or bravada. and to further that point, remember that formula 1 cars are in essence automatic. they use SMG with paddle shifters and i think we can all agree that is the ultimate form of autox?

point is, enjoy what you got. i love my car and i paid too much for it! i dont care. i got the car i want and it sounds like you got the one you want.

what was the purpose of this thread again?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM
dean2900

The purpose of the thread was to figure out out what percentage of 6MTs are made in the G37. I am surprised it is so low.

Dean
Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 AM
GEES_UP

If you live in or near LA then you know what it's like on the 405 and all the other freeways here (stop and go). I used to love manual but this traffic ruined it for me because it's a pain in the *** to ride the clutch for an hour straight twice a day. Every car I've bought since living in LA has been automatic including my G37 S. Out here, dealers have been telling me they have a tough time selling stick shifts for the same reason I won't buy one.

So considering the largest car market in the country is in California, and people don't prefer stick here, I would say the percentage of 6MT is very low. 1% could be close. As for G37 Sports in general, I see way more Sport models than non-sport models on the road here (obviously I don't know if any are 6MT). I'm glad I sprung for the S.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The purpose of the thread was to figure out out what percentage of 6MTs are made in the G37. I am surprised it is so low.

Dean
Well think about it Dean. Look at the demographics. While this Board is populated mainly by an under-35 crowd, Infiniti says the average age of a G37 is 47. I'm actually older than that at 50.

I've got an AT-5. While the vast majority of my cars have had manual tranmissions, my last three - '01 Acura CL Type-S, '05 Acura TL, and now my G are all automatics. I'd chalk that up to where I was driving versus my age. My bumper-to-bumper commutes of the past few years convinced me that an auto tranny was the way to go.

I seriously considered a 6MT, but two factors drove the decision - availability (got one of the first five G37's in the New Orleans area), and the reputation of the G35's clutch; which regrettably doesn't seem to have changed all that much with the G37. Sure I could get used to the clutch, but after spending the good part of 30 years driving Honda/Acura clutches, I would have been disappointed.

I've personally also found as I have gotten older, I prefer more of the luxury touches. This is going to be heresy, but I would have loved to been able to order the Rosewood interior trim. In person, it is stunning, especially with the graphite interior. I've never seen wood in a car with a matte finish. It makes the Lexus trim look like plastic.

In the end, it's your coin and your choice. Either version of the G37 is an excellent car, and a great value. It's not sports car, but a luxury GT. I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Okay, maybe a Aston Martin Vantage, Corvette Z06, Porsche 911..................!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
dean2900

I am 40 years old myself and like the luxury components of the G myself. I just have and will always prefer the straight drive. I have had a G37 Journey with Premium package loaner for around 2 weeks now. It is a nice car but I miss the straight drive a great deal.

Dean

Quick Reply: Number of G37 Sport made?