G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So far....So Bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
aznutx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agree with most of these guys, if u can, just get a new car. better off than having constant problems over the duration of ur ownership
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
That's wierd! See if you can get the service records for that car (history maybe??).
Old 05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
MoDat - it sucks that your new ride is crapping out on you. I can certainly sympathize with your frustration. Give them a chance to find out the issue, it may be something really simple and not a big deal at all. Infiniti service has been top notch in my personal experience and I hope they prove to be that way for you too.

Folks, a car is not a "lemon" because it breaks down. The lemon low does not even come close to applying here. It does vary from state to state, but generally for it to apply, the buyer has to prove a dealer unable or unwilling to repair a manufacturing defecct multiple times. It's not a matter of you getting a brand new car because yours breaks down once. If they fix it, it's yours. That's why cars have a warranty. Even if it is brand new. Why not wait to see what's wrong before jumping to conclusions?

Originally Posted by CarAddict
That's wierd! See if you can get the service records for that car (history maybe??).
I'm fairly certain that there was no maintenance performed in the 72 miles driven before he took delivery.

To the poster who demands no more than 5 miles be on the car, good luck. I ordered mine and it had 8 on it from testing by the engineer at Infiniti. It was delivered with 9 and I saw it roll off the truck at the dealership. It is driven a little bit off of the ship into the port. It's driven onto another truck. Its driven off the truck at the dealership. It may have been test driven by several people at the dealership. It certainly has had the engine run for hours before leaving the assembly line. Your girlfriend or wife may have had a few miles on the odometer as well depending on your circumstances, but if you're with her I presume that the amount of wear and tear on her was acceptible, right? Most everyone I've seen who complains about a few mile on the odometer of a new car are the same poster sho post about racing, how fast they drive, tracking the car, etc - the same type of thing that they are worried about in the 50 or 100 miles before they get ahold of it.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:33 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I just off of the phone with the dealership. Apparently there was something wrong with the intake timing valve. They replaced it and they are going to go some more tests with it just to make sure everything is ok. I understand that this is not the dealers fault and they have been fantastic and very apologetic so far. I'm going to pick up the car tomorrow and see how it goes. If there is anymore problems then I will try to push for a new car.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:32 PM
MadLove

Betty: Fine, maybe 5 mi. is unreasonable. But < 10 certainly isn't. Taking possession of a car with 72 miles (or even 300) for a lease is acceptable. But when you're buying to own, there is nothing wrong with wanting a car fresh off the truck that has < 10 miles.

Does the break-in period only apply from when the actual owner drives off the lot? I'd say the break-in period is a moot issue after a car has been test driven 4-10 times by aggressive drivers before its new owner takes possession... where am I wrong.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by MadLove
Betty: Fine, maybe 5 mi. is unreasonable. But < 10 certainly isn't. Taking possession of a car with 72 miles (or even 300) for a lease is acceptable. But when you're buying to own, there is nothing wrong with wanting a car fresh off the truck that has < 10 miles.

Does the break-in period only apply from when the actual owner drives off the lot? I'd say the break-in period is a moot issue after a car has been test driven 4-10 times by aggressive drivers before its new owner takes possession... where am I wrong.
I believe the users manual states the break-in period for the car, based on miles driven...
Old 05-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by MoDat
So I just off of the phone with the dealership. Apparently there was something wrong with the intake timing valve. They replaced it and they are going to go some more tests with it just to make sure everything is ok. I understand that this is not the dealers fault and they have been fantastic and very apologetic so far. I'm going to pick up the car tomorrow and see how it goes. If there is anymore problems then I will try to push for a new car.
It's all covered bro. If you choose to take it, make sure she's running well and take comfort that if she does mess up again, it's still covered. It doesn't mean that you're in for months of crap from her. Again, it's covered. Just make sure you're happy with it.

It could be worse, you could be in a FORD that breaks down and you didn't buy the option for a loaner when ur car is in for a warranty repair. That would leave you without a car while yours is getting fixed. THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!

At least Infiniti gives you a loaner (probably another G coupe or sedan) while they fix your girl.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Tarkus

Don't sweat it. Stuff happens. A buddy of mine just took delivery of a 911 turbo, paid $135k. Something failed on it during the drive home from picking it up. They had to flatbed it back to the dealer....so, imagine his pain.

I was going to bet it was the TCU. (transmission control unit). Again, don't sweat it. That's what warranties are for.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by MadLove

You're not. I'm just saying that many of the members here who demanded that their new bride be a pristine virgin treated her like a **** star before they even got home. Kind of makes it pointless how the test drives were, doesn't it?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:25 PM
MadLove

Originally Posted by Black Betty
You're not. I'm just saying that many of the members here who demanded that their new bride be a pristine virgin treated her like a **** star before they even got home. Kind of makes it pointless how the test drives were, doesn't it?
at the analogy. So much for that pure-as-the-driven-snow IP... I may now have to go with an Athens and name 'er "blue chip"

I mis-read your earlier post - point taken...
Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
makagr21

Good luck man, My car broke down after having it for 2 weeks and putting 1750 miles on it. The dealership took it in and after 15 days finally fixed it. THey had to replace pretty much the entire top of the engine. And trust me I was pissed at the dealership and with Infiniti Consumer Affairs. I was trying to get it replaced but they both just follow the law about replacing the car for your states lemon law. I just picked it up yesterday and they chiped the paint on my hood, front bumper, and the chrome finish off the grille. So after arguing with the manager, I have to take it in for them to repaint the hood and front bumper and replace the grille. Good Luck with yours!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 AM
MoDat

Originally Posted by makagr21
Good luck man, My car broke down after having it for 2 weeks and putting 1750 miles on it. The dealership took it in and after 15 days finally fixed it. THey had to replace pretty much the entire top of the engine. And trust me I was pissed at the dealership and with Infiniti Consumer Affairs. I was trying to get it replaced but they both just follow the law about replacing the car for your states lemon law. I just picked it up yesterday and they chiped the paint on my hood, front bumper, and the chrome finish off the grille. So after arguing with the manager, I have to take it in for them to repaint the hood and front bumper and replace the grille. Good Luck with yours!

you put 1750 miles on it in 2 weeks!!!?? Jesus!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:51 AM
makagr21

Well 18 days if you want to be exact. I drive a lot.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:50 AM
GT35R
Registered Member

**** Automatics, sorry to heard about your problem.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:12 PM
chain492

Originally Posted by Achilles
Lemon Laws vary from state to state. It's usually difficult to prove. It also has to break in the same manner three times within a certain time frame for it to be considered a Lemon Law issue.
sorry to be a UB3R N00B3R32 but what is lemon? sour?

Quick Reply: So far....So Bad!!!!