Sponsored By:

Anyone thinking about JDM'ing your G?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:27 PM
StoneZtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

teenager's Nissan?

WTF is your problem? Wow I guess at the old Age of 23, you talk like you're 50 year old man. You need to think about what is coming out of your PIE Hole before you open it.

I drive 08 350z GT 6MT with Nav in which is $38K car, in which will smoke your G37-S that runs $43K..lol you got your *** raped, my girl only paid $500over invoice!!Fully loaded with Nav and Tech Option.. Oh but Nissan is for teenagers right?? My wife to be drives G37S, and she still loves my Z. Oh and I'm 30 she is 27, And if you did not know the G and Z are built in same plant.

It's people like you who pay $4K" more for Name plate, and think they are better than people who have Nissan plate.

Nissan builds the G Dumb ***!!

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
NOPE im keepin in INFI....Things like JDMing a car seemed cool when I was 18-19-20 and had friends that did that type thing to their civics and integras but im grown and sexy at age 23 now and getting to that point where u dont mod a car unless it enhances it. So if I paid 43k for my car as a young adult - why change it to look like a teenager's Nissan? The only things I am interested in potentially are tints, coilovers, a good set of rims (though wont get tired of my sport 19s for a couple years :-), top notch Cold Air Intake and top notch exhaust if it sounds good, classy and give me 8-10 WHP

Last edited by StoneZtech; 12-25-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:47 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^
I think someone hit a nerve, lol.

The 350Z and G37 are both nice cars. One's sportier, one's more professional. 4 seater vs 2 seater. Each serves its purpose based on the buyer's need.

As far as rebadging the car...putting "Skyline" badges on it is the gheyest thing ever. We're not in Japan. Its not RHD. Its an Infiniti G37...deal with it. I'm still waiting on some dumba$$ to rice it out with the PepBoys GT-R badge...Its bound to happen.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:17 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StoneZtech
teenager's Nissan?

WTF is your problem? Wow I guess at the old Age of 23, you talk like you're 50 year old man. You need to think about what is coming out of your PIE Hole before you open it.

I drive 08 350z GT 6MT with Nav in which is $38K car, in which will smoke your G37-S that runs $43K..lol you got your *** raped, my girl only paid $500over invoice!!Fully loaded with Nav and Tech Option.. Oh but Nissan is for teenagers right?? My wife to be drives G37S, and she still loves my Z. Oh and I'm 30 she is 27, And if you did not know the G and Z are built in same plant.

It's people like you who pay $4K" more for Name plate, and think they are better than people who have Nissan plate.

I just got to correct you on some of the "stuff" you put in your post. The last I checked the specs between the G37 and 350Z (for 0-60 and 1/4 mile) were close to identical and actually the G37 was like .2 seconds faster. This was for the 07 350Z but since they didn't change anything for the 08 it should be the same. Stock G37 and 350Z are close to being identical except IMO the G has a better suspension but the 350Z weights less. So if your 350Z is stock, you are smoking something if you think you can smoke a G37. You are very correct on people not dissing on Nissans. People need to get it through their thick heads that Nissan and Infiniti are the same. A Nissan Skyline and Infiniti G37 are the same thing. Most of the parts (engines for example) are the same. Now I can see the attraction of people wanting to put the Skyline name on their G37. People know about the name Skyline. I can attest to this due to a dude at my work having a 03 Skyline and me with my G37. I get looks with my car but because he has the Skyline name on his car, he gets more attention and has strangers take pictures of his car because of the Skyline name. Looks exactly like a G35 but because of that Nissan and Skyline name people notice. I like both Nissan and Infinitis, and I was set on getting the 07 350Z until the Nissan dealership where I live treated me like a little kid who couldn't afford a 350Z GrandTouring fully loaded. That along with the interior of the G37 sold me to this car. The 350Z and G37 have many similarities but the interior of the G37 is more to the luxurious status which I like better. So people, get over this Nissan vs. Infiniti crap. They are the same and yes you are paying more for the Infiniti (Toyota vs Lexus) but you are getting the more luxurious feel and look most of the time.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:42 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Now I can see the attraction of people wanting to put the Skyline name on their G37. People know about the name Skyline. I can attest to this due to a dude at my work having a 03 Skyline and me with my G37. I get looks with my car but because he has the Skyline name on his car, he gets more attention and has strangers take pictures of his car because of the Skyline name.
Unless the car is RHD and he imported it from Japan...your co-worker is a ricer.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:51 AM
ucla bruin

what.
the.
duece......are you guys even arguing about? Group hug and beer for everybody. Some people want to JDM their car, some see it as pointless. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, age has nothing to do with it.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:05 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ agreed...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:41 AM
StoneZtech

lol, how can you make a statement like that? I drive both cars. The G is bigger heaver car then Z. 3800Lbs on G Z is 3300lbs.

Both have HR setup, the Z is true 2 door sports car.

The G is more for everyday and road trips.

G 330hp the Z 306hp, But Weight on G kills it.

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I just got to correct you on some of the "stuff" you put in your post. The last I checked the specs between the G37 and 350Z (for 0-60 and 1/4 mile) were close to identical and actually the G37 was like .2 seconds faster. This was for the 07 350Z but since they didn't change anything for the 08 it should be the same. Stock G37 and 350Z are close to being identical except IMO the G has a better suspension but the 350Z weights less. So if your 350Z is stock, you are smoking something if you think you can smoke a G37. You are very correct on people not dissing on Nissans. People need to get it through their thick heads that Nissan and Infiniti are the same. A Nissan Skyline and Infiniti G37 are the same thing. Most of the parts (engines for example) are the same. Now I can see the attraction of people wanting to put the Skyline name on their G37. People know about the name Skyline. I can attest to this due to a dude at my work having a 03 Skyline and me with my G37. I get looks with my car but because he has the Skyline name on his car, he gets more attention and has strangers take pictures of his car because of the Skyline name. Looks exactly like a G35 but because of that Nissan and Skyline name people notice. I like both Nissan and Infinitis, and I was set on getting the 07 350Z until the Nissan dealership where I live treated me like a little kid who couldn't afford a 350Z GrandTouring fully loaded. That along with the interior of the G37 sold me to this car. The 350Z and G37 have many similarities but the interior of the G37 is more to the luxurious status which I like better. So people, get over this Nissan vs. Infiniti crap. They are the same and yes you are paying more for the Infiniti (Toyota vs Lexus) but you are getting the more luxurious feel and look most of the time.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:59 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i thought our G was 3600 and a lil change?
Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
teenager's Nissan?

StoneZtech
I really dont care what your girl paid on invoice - I purchased my G for almost 3k UNDER sticker. I never said Nissan is for teenagers. However - I do believe that someone who wants to trick themselves into thinking they are in Japan by "JDM"-ing their car is just in denial. Go look in your cars - I assume the driver side is on the left as in the U.S. Last time I checked - true JDM is made and built in Japan and FOR Japan. Thereby making the "JDM" conversion a fluke - a replica. Like yourself.

I know that Nissan & Infiniti are the same in essence. But there are differences too. Infiniti is the luxury division of Nissan and frankly I don't mind the extra 7k I dished out for my G. If I listed off all the things my G has that your Z doesn't - each item/feature/advantage would probably come in at less than $400 each. You get what you pay for. Not to mention the back seat - not only can my g/f ride but even your wife could ride in the back if she'd like and she could bring a friend too given their proper measurements . I don't mind getting a G-sedan to drive while my car is in the shop rather than get a ride home in a minivan. So sue me if that comes off as snooty - I'm a real down to earth dude - but I work hard for the money and don't mind my money workin hard for me in return.

About your Z - if it's bone stock the performance specs are not far from my G - at all. That was an erroneous comment. Your Z is the basic, performance-driven roadster counterpart of the G with no backseat, less amenties, etc. Get over your inferiority complex and be proud of your Nissan for what it brings to the table - no need to trash talk my G for your insecurities.

Lastly - it's sad that your wife is stuck marrying a 30-year that yells at younger dudes on forums saying things like "coming out of your pie hole", dumb@ss, and @ss raped. Very sad.

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 12-26-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Comatose

Alright, now that we've all kissed 'n made up..

Who's down for some JDM red leather?? Its being made available on the sedan as a 50th anniv. edition.. but not sure if it'll actually trickle down to the coupe...

Old 12-26-2007, 03:00 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by JLai
Unless the car is RHD and he imported it from Japan...your co-worker is a ricer.
Nope JLai, it is an import. Sorry also but I think it is actually an 02 and not a 03. I am pretty sure it is a year before the G was released here. He bought it from a General who had it converted from the driver side on the the right to the left when he had it shipped from Japan. His car has actually be in "Nissan Sport" magazine.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:07 AM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by Comatose
Alright, now that we've all kissed 'n made up..

Who's down for some JDM red leather?? Its being made available on the sedan as a 50th anniv. edition.. but not sure if it'll actually trickle down to the coupe...

More MOre!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

lol, how can you make a statement like that? I drive both cars. The G is bigger heaver car then Z. 3800Lbs on G Z is 3300lbs.

Both have HR setup, the Z is true 2 door sports car.

The G is more for everyday and road trips.

G 330hp the Z 306hp, But Weight on G kills it.
My problem with your statement was that you the 350Z would kill a G37 which is not true. Both cars are Sports Cars. The 350Z is more the roadster class but they both are sports cars. The G37 weight in not 3800lbs. It is 3600lbs and some change like MaxToTheG37 stated. Both cars are rather identical and I actually like both. The G37 is more for the customer who wants a luxurious look where as the 350Z is for the individuals that are looking for the more roadster look or an actual roadster. If you really do drive both cars then you would know this. I have two friends both with Z's and I have driven both, and they both are fun. The only real advantage that the Z has (and it is a big one) are all the mods that are out for it...which we G37 owners are patiently waiting for. So go hook up that suspension, get an exhaust, intake, some twin turbos and your statement about killing a G37 would be true because then we wouldn't be able to hang with you.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:21 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Has anyone heard this rumor that Nissan/Infiniti is thinking about changing the name of the G series to Skyline in a couple years? I heard it from a somewhat reliable source that it might be a strong possibility and that Infiniti is "possible" discussing it especially since the GT-R is now not suppose to be associated with the Skyline name. Not sure if anyone knows anything about this or if this is just crap. I kinda hope they do change the name but that is just me
Old 12-26-2007, 03:29 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
comatose that red leather looks sick - very nice pics. I know it's a pro Bimmer color scheme but a White G with that red leather setup would look tight.

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking about JDM'ing your G?