Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My G let me down...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
My G let me down...

Alright, so I went to a concert last night at the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami. When I left my car at the Bayside garage at 7:00PM I noticed that the remote was not working to lock the car, so I figured the battery must be low. I locked the car with the key and did not make a big fuzz about it. When I came back after the concert at 12:00AM I noticed the car was totally dead and the clock had stopped at 9:30PM. It was completely unresponsive, not even a blink of light from the dash.

I called Infiniti roadside assistance and they dispatched someone to help out (let me say they were pretty good and the guy showed up in 45 minutes). So I got a jump start and off I went.

The first thing I noticed is that my car started to stall while accelerating at around 4k rpms. Once I made it to I-95 it was smooth from there. So I made it home, and you know that when the door is opened the window rolls down a bit, right? Well, my window rolled almost all the way down!!! I immediately thought: I have a problem. I turned the power only on to roll the window up and the window switch only works one way, to roll it even further down. I went: Crap!

After messing with it for a while I realized that the window will only roll up if the engine is running and the door is closed. I figured, now I can outsmart this b!tch. I am going to roll the window all the way up and I am going to get out throught the passenger side. So when I transfer over to the other side I open the passenger door to get out and the B!TCH roll the driver's window almost all the way down again!!! This car is possessed and it is almost 2:00AM now and I have been at it for over half an hour and with the South Florida weather you never know when it is going to rain, so I had to get the window all the way up!!!!

At his point I figured that I need to wake my neighbor up so he can disconnect the battery while I am inside after I rolled the windows up with the engine running (this is insane!). But before I did that I came with another idea, I figured I was smarter than this b!tch and I will work it out to save my pride. I decided to use the switch to lock the window controls on the passenger side. So I turned the engine on (for the tenth time), closed the door, rolled the window all the way up, and flicked the switch to lock the window controls on the passenger side. Then I proceeded to turn the engine off and tranfer to the passenger side (which for the third time was a problem due to my expanded gut) and opened the door, it worked.

With the car now safely locked I was finally able go to bed and sleep in peace. This morning I took the car to the dealership and they are going to check it out. I was able to repeat this behavior, so I confirmed that I was not hallucinating last night. I now have a sedan loaner, but I miss my b!tch. I miss my G37 b!tch from hell.

Weird, huh?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
SoCalOBG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL

funny story. Let us know what happens.

Sorry for your trouble...hope its not a TSB
Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
iko

sounds like it was possessed!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:23 PM
bloodhound

Originally Posted by fcarpio
Alright, so I went to a concert last night at the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami. When I left my car at the Bayside garage at 7:00PM I noticed that the remote was not working to lock the car, so I figured the battery must be low. I locked the car with the key and did not make a big fuzz about it. When I came back after the concert at 12:00AM I noticed the car was totally dead and the clock had stopped at 9:30PM. It was completely unresponsive, not even a blink of light from the dash.

I called Infiniti roadside assistance and they dispatched someone to help out (let me say they were pretty good and the guy showed up in 45 minutes). So I got a jump start and off I went.

The first thing I noticed is that my car started to stall while accelerating at around 4k rpms. Once I made it to I-95 it was smooth from there. So I made it home, and you know that when the door is opened the window rolls down a bit, right? Well, my window rolled almost all the way down!!! I immediately thought: I have a problem. I turned the power only on to roll the window up and the window switch only works one way, to roll it even further down. I went: Crap!

After messing with it for a while I realized that the window will only roll up if the engine is running and the door is closed. I figured, now I can outsmart this b!tch. I am going to roll the window all the way up and I am going to get out throught the passenger side. So when I transfer over to the other side I open the passenger door to get out and the B!TCH roll the driver's window almost all the way down again!!! This car is possessed and it is almost 2:00AM now and I have been at it for over half an hour and with the South Florida weather you never know when it is going to rain, so I had to get the window all the way up!!!!

At his point I figured that I need to wake my neighbor up so he can disconnect the battery while I am inside after I rolled the windows up with the engine running (this is insane!). But before I did that I came with another idea, I figured I was smarter than this b!tch and I will work it out to save my pride. I decided to use the switch to lock the window controls on the passenger side. So I turned the engine on (for the tenth time), closed the door, rolled the window all the way up, and flicked the switch to lock the window controls on the passenger side. Then I proceeded to turn the engine off and tranfer to the passenger side (which for the third time was a problem due to my expanded gut) and opened the door, it worked.

With the car now safely locked I was finally able go to bed and sleep in peace. This morning I took the car to the dealership and they are going to check it out. I was able to repeat this behavior, so I confirmed that I was not hallucinating last night. I now have a sedan loaner, but I miss my b!tch. I miss my G37 b!tch from hell.

Weird, huh?
That would have been my first guess when the battery didnt work (how can a brand new car's battery not work?)
Sorry to hear though...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:36 PM
go4gr8

Lemon # 2?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:43 PM
jadams

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The door window problem also happened to me and the resolution is addressed here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/174383-door-window-operation.html
I also experienced a dead battery while listening to the radio for about an hour. The battery, if defective, is fully replaceable without cost for the first 12 months.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Jason@Riverside

The battery that ships with the car does not always last very long... The ones that fail soonest usually fail shortly after the car hits the road... Sometimes even before the car is sold...

You will get a new battery under warranty from your dealer...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
dzine07

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your cars needs to get laid by a QX47...LOL

also,i miss miami........ the tripple A and bayside...... goodtimes.

ENJOY THE CAR! im having issues to and i havent had mine for a week now =(
Old 12-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Jason@Riverside

Qx56
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
dzine07

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your right. Qx45/56

where the PHUK did i get 47????? 37 perhaps...? eehhh. NO.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
who was playing at the AA last night? Also if you had the window up all the way how did you open the door without damaging the glass?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:12 PM
iko

Originally Posted by bloodhound
That would have been my first guess when the battery didnt work (how can a brand new car's battery not work?)
Sorry to hear though...
The battery on my M died completely after less than a couple months. Got a jump start drove it for 40 minutes and never had to do a thing ever since. It was some kind of glitch.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had this problem in Vegas b/c i disconnected the battery. its in the manual how to fix it but its just annoying. sucks when your battling weather i was just trying to lock my car b4 getting locked in the convention center.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:13 AM
BoyleHeights

This bitch is not possessed. Just giving you attituden for not giving her attention for 5 hours.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:11 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't had any big problems like you. One mechanical thing I noticed once was when I was in 5th gear at ~1000-1200rpm and it sounded like something was rattling outside (I could barely hear it). I don't notice it in the other gears, but then again, I haven't really paid a lot of attention to it.

The other thing involves the radio control on the steering wheel. I posted a thread about this.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/175829-annoying-audio-control-problem.html

Quick Reply: My G let me down...