G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Videos - shifter vibration, menus and voice

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:14 PM
duke300zxtt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lucky you,my wife won't let me get one. WE are looking for a new house. Enjoy the ride.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:24 PM
vbx
Banned

awesome vid haha. how the hell did you drive the car, shift gears, look at the navi to choose a destination and record a video at the same time.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Techuinang

Nice vid as usual. Be carefull though or your next vid might be "video of car after my accident" .

Is it me or the nav is only on when you tell it where you want to go? It seems like otherwise it's displaying the song tracks, etc...
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWESOME VIDEOS!! I love your narration!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:19 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Techuinang
Nice vid as usual. Be carefull though or your next vid might be "video of car after my accident" .

Is it me or the nav is only on when you tell it where you want to go? It seems like otherwise it's displaying the song tracks, etc...

well if you like that then you'd love to see me fly my airplane and take videos at the same time as well!

the nav comes on whenever you like. you have complete control over what is displayed and when. The only restriction being some areas of the system (what i'm calling the radio/nav/car/environmental/phone combination) are disabled while the car is in motion... however, you can almost always get around that with a voice command. The very first thing i did on the way back from the dealer was setup the nav to direct me back to my office and i did that w/out ever reading the manual or teaching the system how i speak. It just works. The only downside i can see to this system is its inherint complexity as many consumers will not be able to digest all of the systems options. It will take time to get used to it all or at least part of it.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
That looks fine to me.. You should've seen the vibration on the 1st gen. You pretty much have a direct link into the tranny so there will always be some vibration.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Eastern-G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the awesome ride and thanks for the vids!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:21 AM
AlterZgo

Great vids.

Are the iPod controls locked out when the car is in motion?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:29 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Great vids.

Are the iPod controls locked out when the car is in motion?
not at all.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:51 AM
muscarel

Great job on all the vids. Very informative. Infiniti has done a great job with the NAV system on these new cars.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

This is by far the highest hi-tech Nav I have seen. It blows away the Mercedes and Honda/Acura Navs that I have owned. I can't wait to dive in.

Thanks BM, for all this great information as usual. Got any bagels left or did you eat 'em all...
Old 08-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
well if you like that then you'd love to see me fly my airplane and take videos at the same time as well!

the nav comes on whenever you like. you have complete control over what is displayed and when. The only restriction being some areas of the system (what i'm calling the radio/nav/car/environmental/phone combination) are disabled while the car is in motion... however, you can almost always get around that with a voice command. The very first thing i did on the way back from the dealer was setup the nav to direct me back to my office and i did that w/out ever reading the manual or teaching the system how i speak. It just works. The only downside i can see to this system is its inherint complexity as many consumers will not be able to digest all of the systems options. It will take time to get used to it all or at least part of it.
Thanks for the info. So if I just want to cruise around and see what streets are around (ex. see where I'm at in realtime) then that's possible at all time right?

As for the airplane video, as long as you don't fly above where I live, then it's not a problem .
Old 08-26-2007, 01:30 PM
mal_TX

bostonmerlin,

you asked if we had requests... I do I want to see how the engine revs in the 6mt. How bout a reasonably high rpm run in 1st, then clutch and off the gas.

One of the things I don't like about my 06 6mt is the very slow rpm drop compared to other manuals I've driven (e46 M3, RSX-TypeS, even a Mitsu Eclipse). If the revs drop faster I'd be very pleased! The auto definitely drops the revs VERY quickly to shift, so I'm interested in the 6mt.

Also.. I would love to see how fast the engine revs UP too! Let's a see rev match downshift into ... say 2nd at about 40mph?

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
threw together a few videos for you all.. of course the fidelity and image quality is limited by youtubes video compression but hopefully you'll get a kick out of it..... enjoy!

there was talk about problems with the shifter vibrating.. here ya go.. decide for your self.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOo6C5u2Ppw

woke up early for a bagel run.. decided to video some audio thump for you folks with eminem and run through some of the menus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mnIOmIPrR0

driving back to the house.. showing off voice commands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pZQLl3OsA

FYI.. i've not found a way to embed my youtube videos into these posts.. i can embed fine on other boards though so i know what i'm doing. maybe that function is turned off.. admins let me know. tks

john
Old 08-26-2007, 03:38 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Techuinang
Thanks for the info. So if I just want to cruise around and see what streets are around (ex. see where I'm at in realtime) then that's possible at all time right?

As for the airplane video, as long as you don't fly above where I live, then it's not a problem .

i drive around most of the time with the nav showing me where i am and whats up ahead w.out any route entered. keeps the kids entertained!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by mal_TX
bostonmerlin,

you asked if we had requests... I do I want to see how the engine revs in the 6mt. How bout a reasonably high rpm run in 1st, then clutch and off the gas.

One of the things I don't like about my 06 6mt is the very slow rpm drop compared to other manuals I've driven (e46 M3, RSX-TypeS, even a Mitsu Eclipse). If the revs drop faster I'd be very pleased! The auto definitely drops the revs VERY quickly to shift, so I'm interested in the 6mt.

Also.. I would love to see how fast the engine revs UP too! Let's a see rev match downshift into ... say 2nd at about 40mph?
i think you'll find what you're looking for if you do a forum search. a few months back a few guys dropped a g37 on the dyno and shot video of it running through the gears... dont know if it was at or 6mt but it should give you something the chew on.

Quick Reply: Videos - shifter vibration, menus and voice